Mark Hunt Attempts a Spinning Back Kick on Mirko Cro Cop

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Missed it by that much.

Was this on Saturday?!? How did I miss it?!?

;)

I heard he once used his ass in a fight...

they need to have a hall of fame for things just like this. first ballot

Probably the most frustrating fight that I've ever witnessed. And I had to suffer through watching that live.

In 2002, Mirko fought the PERFECT fight against Hunt. He just circled, sniped him from the outside, and frustrated Hunt and made him chase him and miss for the whole 15 minutes. It was a flawless victory. Literally the only thing that was missing was a finish.

Fast-forward to 2005 and Mirko is injured, has to wear shoes to protect his foot, and figures, "No problem, I'll just go out and throw everything that I have at him and put him away in a minute or two." It was like, in Mirko's mind, he was fighting anyone else but Mark Hunt, anyone else but the guy who stood up after getting LHK'd by both Mirko and Jerome LeBanner.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, his Plan B was to dump what energy he had left after failing to put a dent in the cinder block that is Hunt's head trying to Greco-fuck that 300-pound Samoan monster.

And, to top it off, he still should've won the split decision, but they gave the fight to Hunt just like they gave him the fight against Wand the year before.

giphy.gif

Still a cool gif, though :D

Mark Hunt is just something else, eating kicks and throwing spinning kicks of his own... Crocop was doubting himself hard after seeing all that shit happen...

Last edited:
Capturadfert.JPG
2 legends...Waitting for a big win vs oleinnyk in Rusia War Hunto !!

Probably the most frustrating fight that I've ever witnessed. And I had to suffer through watching that live.

In 2002, Mirko fought the PERFECT fight against Hunt. He just circled, sniped him from the outside, and frustrated Hunt and made him chase him and miss for the whole 15 minutes. It was a flawless victory. Literally the only thing that was missing was a finish.

Fast-forward to 2005 and Mirko is injured, has to wear shoes to protect his foot, and figures, "No problem, I'll just go out and throw everything that I have at him and put him away in a minute or two." It was like, in Mirko's mind, he was fighting anyone else but Mark Hunt, anyone else but the guy who stood up after getting LHK'd by both Mirko and Jerome LeBanner.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, his Plan B was to dump what energy he had left after failing to put a dent in the cinder block that is Hunt's head trying to Greco-fuck that 300-pound Samoan monster.

And, to top it off, he still should've won the split decision, but they gave the fight to Hunt just like they gave him the fight against Wand the year before.

giphy.gif

Still a cool gif, though :D
Hmmm...sorry... what u mean, "just like they gave him the fight against Wand the year before."

wiiiiw.gif

random but i always thought crocop wearing wrestling shoes was awesome. that and him pulling out the axe kick... has he ever thrown one since?
Against Pat Barry, yes.

His coach Ivan Hippolyte yelled out "no side kicks Mirko, no side kicks!" and that's when Cro Cop decided to throw an axe kick which he also landed.

Hmmm...sorry... what u mean, "just like they gave him the fight against Wand the year before."

I mean that Wand should've gotten the decision against Hunt the same as Mirko should've, as they both beat him but didn't get the nod from the judges.

I mean that Wand should've gotten the decision against Hunt the same as Mirko should've, as they both beat him but didn't get the nod from the judges.
IIRC that was a close fight, no hobbery... Wand suffered so much damage that it changed his career, sadly...

Back