Mark Hunt Attempts a Spinning Back Kick on Mirko Cro Cop

I went to one of Wand's seminars, and from what I remember he said that Hunt hit him so hard that he went deaf temporarily and still has double vision in the periphery of one eye.

<30>

Thanks for sharing that. That's fucking crazy, man.

ClumsyAcidicBison.gif

The uppercut that he hits him with is one of the most hellacious uppercuts ever landed. And then he seriously punches Wand into the corner.* But, savage junkyard dog that he is, Wand immediately goes for a fucking armbar. There's no quit in that man.

*The way he punches Wand into the corner is reminiscent of his booming KO of Hiromi Amada in K-1.

Yeah, that's a prime Cro Cop shin right to the jaw.

And so beautifully executed, pumping the jabs and making him think that a left straight was coming and instead throwing the LHK. He also similarly fooled Igor into expecting a left straight and surprised him with the LHK. You don't make a career out of landing the same kick over and over again by accident :cool:

It kind of looks like Hunt is asleep as he is falling, but wakes up when he hits the ground and then gets back up.

The craziest part is that, after he takes a full-on prime Cro Cop LHK, he gets up, smiles, nods to the ref as if to say, "Yeah, yeah, hurry up and finish your silly counting," and then gets fired up, even audibly yelling, "Come on!"

I've got it time-stamped at the LHK, and you can hear Hunt yelling at Mirko at 18:55, but I highly recommend watching that whole video, as it's a very high-quality broadcast version with the full fight and even the pre- and post-fight interviews (although they edit the walkouts).

I'm telling you, the man isn't human :eek:

And some people believe that Old "Boxer" UFC Hunt was the "prime one".

<36>

If that had landed I think we would have had the firsr right leg = cemetary

This reminds me of

Nau5Dak.gif

vwcVpk9.gif

So cute DC

Amazing. That was less an inch away

His KO of Amada is my favorite punch of all time.

I'd have to think about that, but whatever my top 5 or top 10 lists would look like, and regardless of whether just K-1 or MMA versus all-time, that nuclear right hand on Amada would unquestionably be on any and every "GOAT Punch KO" list that I could possibly come up with. The sound that it makes when he connects is like no sound that I've ever heard made from a punch.

I've also always loved that sneaky left hand counter that he hit Kongo with before he put him away.

VerifiableNauticalButterfly.gif

What that punch lacks in thunderous theatrics it makes up for in speed and slickness. That event was the only event that I ever went out to a bar with people (re: casuals) to watch and when he landed that left I drew a few looks because I couldn't help complementing him through the TV and blurting out, "Oh, nice!"

I'd have to think about that, but whatever my top 5 or top 10 lists would look like, and regardless of whether just K-1 or MMA versus all-time, that nuclear right hand on Amada would unquestionably be on any and every "GOAT Punch KO" list that I could possibly come up with. The sound that it makes when he connects is like no sound that I've ever heard made from a punch.

I've also always loved that sneaky left hand counter that he hit Kongo with before he put him away.

VerifiableNauticalButterfly.gif

What that punch lacks in thunderous theatrics it makes up for in speed and slickness. That event was the only event that I ever went out to a bar with people (re: casuals) to watch and when he landed that left I drew a few looks because I couldn't help complementing him through the TV and blurting out, "Oh, nice!"
Exactly! And not just the sound of the punch, which was ridiculous, but also the woman screaming near the broadcasters. The "Waaaah!" gets me Every. Single. Time lol. Hit Amada so hard the poor bastard's legs went over his head.

And that Kongo punch is also one of my favorites. Soooo slick. A lot of people forget that Kongo was on a 3 fight win streak and decidely favored to win. Hunto took him apart.

That's the most "don't give a fuck" moment ever, especially when you consider how Wanderlei found success against him in that fight. The only thing that was even more badass was Hunt accepting that fight in the first place- on just a few days' notice.

He also threw several axe kicks during his K-1 days. Emporio, check out his fight with Andy Hug, the most legendary axe kicker in K-1 history, if you haven't seen it. At one point, they literally traded axe kicks :eek:

It was a competitive fight, but I don't think that it was a close fight. Plus, with the extra points that Wand was supposed to get on the cards for giving away so much weight to Hunt, there's no conceivable reason for awarding that fight to Hunt.

His fight with Mirko, on the other hand, was much closer. That one's not even close to a robbery. I just think that Mirko's offensive output should've got him the nod.

Nearly getting his head uppercutted off his shoulders and then getting punched across the ring into the corner by Hunt in 2004 and then getting beaten from pillar to post by Mirko in 2006 definitely aged him in fighting years by a couple of decades :oops:

I never considered the weight advantage points. I recall back in the day look up K-1 either HERO*S or Romanex ruleset and saw it also had that in its judging criteria

With that in mind, then BJ Penn should have beat Machida, since everyone agrees that Round 1 was Penn, Round 3 was Machida, and Round 2 was close.

Unfortunately I could never find the rule set again and therefore technically have nothing backing my case.

Edit: could not find a proper source because the English language websites are long gone but this forum has the K-1 MMA rules and 10kg+ differences are factored in judging criteria. The rules are posted in English if you scroll down.

https://forum.valetudo.ru/showthread.php?t=1614&styleid=1

Last edited:
Back