News "Marina beating Dern solidified me as the number 1 contender" - Esparza

If Rose beats Weili, other than fighting Carla or Joanna for a third time, there aren't many fights left for Rose at 115.

Until some new top contenders emerge, constipation isn't a potential issue.

Try telling that to Movicol and Senokot. Shit happens.

They don't stand a chance in hell against Rose, Weili or Joanna. Dern couldn't even beat Rodriguez. What the fuck would she do against Rose?

First off Rodriguez and Xiaonan would give any of these girls a fight. Their weakness was their grappling. Their striking has always checked out. And all of these would be striking heavy battles.

As for Dern she can go back to the drawing board and improve. She isn’t that far off from the top division all she needs are decent takedowns.

Plus there are tons of girls at Straweight that can climb up the ladder and present a threat to these girls

It’s is utterly shortsighted to say Rose has no more fights left in the division. SW is pretty stacked

Watch them fight, instead of just looking at rankings.

There're several fighters in the flyweight top 15 that Valentina hasn't faced yet. Does this mean any of them could beat her?

Yes and Val has had seven title fights against seven different opponents while the straws have had just four fights involving the same four fighters. That's all you can ask of a champion, that they take on all comers. It's how you become a legend in the sport. I hope the winner of Weili vs Rose take the same route by defending regularly and proving their superiority in the cage. Are you really making excuses why they shouldn't?

Yes and Val has had seven title fights against seven different opponents while the straws have had just four fights involving the same four fighters. That's all you can ask of a champion, that they take on all comers. It's how you become a legend in the sport. I hope the winner of Weili vs Rose take the same route by defending regularly and proving their superiority in the cage. Are you really making excuses why they shouldn't?
Valentina has fought 7 different opponents, because there aren't any clear top contenders at 125. They all suck equally. Look what Andrade has been doing to the ranked girls in that division.

At 115, it's very clear who are the best fighters by a mile.

The Dern vs. Rodriguez result was totally after-the-fact. Carla deserved the title shot after she crushed Yan. Instead, we get a worthless instant rematch for Zhang. smh...

Jarl

Who?

Pantera from Bellator is the only WMMA that matters, who doesn't have a belt. She beats asses like a man.

Last edited:
I think Carla's split decisions can be forgiven considering she's so TINY for the division, right?

I think Carla's split decisions can be forgiven considering she's so TINY for the division, right?
Tecia is tiny for the division. She walks around at 119. Carla has said she does it at 126 to 128.

Esparza should be 1-3 in her last 4 lmao, I watched all those fights live and they were all pretty blatant robberies

The Grasso one was criminal, Waterson wasn't too bad but I think most thought Waterson won, and the Marina one was bad from what I remember but need to watch it again. No way you can make any logical argument that she beat Grasso though lmao

Man I wish Suarez was competing, 115 is starting to slow down and get a bit boring once Rose and Zhang fight again.

What's your point?? Is Tecia doing as well as Carla? Answer: No, she is not.
Carla got gifted the decision in at least 2 of her last 5 "wins." If you consider that doing well.

Tecia is on 3-win streak. Before that she lost to Andrade, Joanna, Weili and Rodriguez. Three opponents that would have easily beaten Carla and one she lost to but two of the judges were probably sexting, instead of paying attention to the fight.

That’s kind of a weird logic. Yes she should get a title shot, but for a different reason.

Carla got gifted the decision in at least 2 of her last 5 "wins." If you consider that doing well.

Tecia is on 3-win streak. Before that she lost to Andrade, Joanna, Weili and Rodriguez. Three opponents that would have easily beaten Carla and one she lost to but two of the judges were probably sexting, instead of paying attention to the fight.

Carla's split decisions are against higher calibre opponents (Rodriguez, Waterson, Grasso) than the low and unranked fighters that Tecia has wins over (Angela Hill, Brianna Van Burren, Sam Hughes). Carla also has two clear wins over Xiaonan and Jadiroba. Oh an Carla beat Tecia too once. Nuff said...

How has Joanna not moved 1 single bit in rankings and she hasn’t fought in almost 2 years
That’s the part about UFC rankings that I hate. Lose a TS, and keep your ranking for 2 years without fighting. Like Ortega did.

Carla's split decisions are against higher calibre opponents (Rodriguez, Waterson, Grasso) than the low and unranked fighters that Tecia has wins over (Angela Hill, Brianna Van Burren, Sam Hughes). Carla also has two clear wins over Xiaonan and Jadiroba. Oh an Carla beat Tecia too once. Nuff said...
Rodriguez is the only one who's a potential title contender nowadays. And once again, Carla didn't beat her. She got gifted the decision, which isn't the same thing.

Her win over Tecia, not a pro fight, MD and Carla had thrice the experience.

That's pretty much the only reason she ever became champion. The division was in diapers and she had a lot more experience than most the girls she was competing against.

She hasn't improved much since then and it will show when Rose destroys her.

Even if she fights for the title, she will lose.
Of course she will lose. I wanted Namajunas vs Esparza 2 for the story. This evolved Rose would destroy Carla. She doesn't stand a chance in hell to ever become champion again. She can't beat Weili, Joanna or Andrade either. All four are far better than her nowadays.

Rodriguez is the only one who's a potential title contender nowadays. And once again, Carla didn't beat her. She got gifted the decision, which isn't the same thing.

Her win over Tecia, not a pro fight, MD and Carla had thrice the experience.

That's pretty much the only reason she ever became champion. The division was in diapers and she had a lot more experience than most the girls she was competing against.

She hasn't improved much since then and it will show when Rose destroys her.

The first paragraph doesn't have any relevance to my point that Carla has wins over better calibre opponents than Tecia. Nor does the rest of the post have any relevance to what we're discussing....those are just the reasons why you don't think highly of Carla, not something that has to do with my initial point that her split decisions can be forgiven considering she's super small for the division. The more you speak (write), the more you embarrass yourself. Try really hard to follow a train of thought.

Last edited:
Very happy Carla will not be getting a title shot after how she treated Amanda Ribas.

Carla Agreed to fight Amanda Ribas, then dropped out of the fight for "undisclosed reasons" after Ribas had already started training for their fight. Carlas replacement Michelle Waterson then also backed out of her fight with Ribas on short notice; which led to Ribas fighting Rodriguez on short notice.

If Ribas beats Jandiroba at UFC 267, I hope she grabs the mic from Cormier and calls Esparza out on her bullshit and demands she fight her.

Esparza deserves nothing, very happy to see Wei Lei getting this opportunity for redemption.

Carla should be fighting for the shot now. Undeserved title shots are horrid. Truth story.

The first paragraph doesn't have any relevance to my point that Carla has wins over better calibre opponents than Tecia. Nor does the rest of the post have any relevance to what we're discussing....those are just the reasons why you don't think highly of Carla, not something that has to do with my initial point that her split decisions can be forgiven considering she's super small for the division. The more you speak (write), the more you embarrass yourself. Try really hard to follow a train of thought.
No, Carla isn't super small for the division. She said she walks around at 126 to 128, which means she cuts more weight to fight at 115 than Valentina to do it at 125. Do you consider Valentina super small for flyweight?

Back