News "Marina beating Dern solidified me as the number 1 contender" - Esparza

No, Carla isn't super small for the division. She said she walks around at 126 to 128, which means she cuts more weight to fight at 115 than Valentina to do it at 125. Do you consider Valentina super small for flyweight?

Send me a link to where you read that. And BTW, the odds are that the other fighters in the division walk around even heavier.

Send me a link to where you read that. And BTW, the odds are that the other fighters in the division walk around even heavier.

Carla does get pretty chunky between fights. If UFC 105 was a thing I've not doubt she would target that division (in fact she's called for the UFC to make that division, so it was clearly on her mind too).
This other guy is an extreme Rose stan, don't bother trying to talk sense with him.

Carla does get pretty chunky between fights. If UFC 105 was a thing I've not doubt she would target that division (in fact she's called for the UFC to make that division, so it was clearly on her mind too).
This other guy is an extreme Rose stan, don't bother trying to talk sense with him.
You're a butthurt Weili stan.

Ok. What about my other point?

In any case there's no denying she's very small for the division which is why I admire her and I think her split decisions should be 'forgiven'.
Your point starts from the false premise that Carla is very small for the division. Tecia, who walks around at 119, is very small. Carla isn't. She walks around heavier than Rose did for most of her career. It's fairly evident that she bulked up for her fights against Andrade and Weili, but she used to walk around at 125.

Sure, Carla is smaller than Rodriguez and Joanna, but they're big for the division. Those two walk around heavier than Valentina. They should fight at 125, but use drastic weight cutting methods to face smaller opponents instead.

Last edited:
Your point starts from the false premise that Carla very small for the division. Tecia, who walks around at 119, is very small. Carla isn't. She walks around heavier than Rose did for most of her career. It's fairly evident that she bulked up for her fights against Andrade and Weili, but she used to walk around at 125.

Sure, Carla is smaller than Rodriguez and Joanna, but they're big for the division. Those two walk around heavier than Valentina. They should fight at 125, but use drastic weight cutting methods to face smaller opponents instead.

Even if that's the case she's still small for the division on actual fight nights.

As for you bringing up Tecia again...we're spinning in circles here in terms of our arguments...but I'm sure you know that.

Back