Marcelo Garcia DESTROYS Everyone in ATT!

In my humble and very uneducated opinion, Marcelo does not seem to have any urgency of position when on the ground, he is far too comfortable. In MMA being on the ground is bad/not great in a majority of positions that would be advantageous/not dangerous in straight grappling, i.e. bottom of half guard, bottom open guard, top full guard etc.

He will have to adapt his game to the fact that punches and elbows are coming in all these "neutral" grappling positions, and that they are no longer neutral. I have seen a few people take marcelo's back (which just does not happen EVER in a grappling match) when sparring with strikes. Maybe he will be able to adapt as he is a phenomenal athlete and incredibly hard worker, but I think that he will have limited success in MMA until he can gain that urgency that is needed when on the ground.

I'd have to agree.
It's my opinion that the most successful BJJ guys in MMA are the ones that have an aggressive style, that can assimilate with GnP seamlessly and be able to attack openly when BEING attacked.
Mir's success is attributed to his aggression, as is Nogs (and his ability to withstand punishment to wait it out for that submissions), BJ Penns.. etc

ADCC 2007 was enough evidence, he ran through everybody he fought even in Absolute except for Drysdale.

yerah i was there. he submitted every opponent except for drysdale, and the contraversial match in which he popped Rolles' elbow badly, but he didn't tap.

Close my ass. Sanchez being defensive until he gets armbarred

it wasn't close by any means, but Diego definitely did well. much, much better than i expected, and he did push marcelo and go for things.

He jumped up like he won but I would too if I lasted that long with Marcelo.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLQC98tiLbA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLQC98tiLbA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was wondering when someone will put the link to his mma fight.

First, he have to work on his wrestling his shoot was so ugly...

Second, he have to work on his striking, that was ugly too.

His ground game is top notch, just need to adapt a little bit, setuping his things with strikes and learn to be striked too.

If he train seriously and full time in mma, he can do good, but i'm not sure about his physique/strengh at 155lbs. If he does it part time, he will not be able to get everything together and he will never be a threat to any good 155lbs mma guy, even if he's a bjj god.

You have to be complete in modern mma, just look at Penn, GSP, Silva, Nog, fedor, they are complete athletes.

His ground game is top notch, just need to adapt a little bit, setuping his things with strikes and learn to be striked too.

If he train seriously and full time in mma, he can do good, but i'm not sure about his physique/strengh at 155lbs. If he does it part time, he will not be able to get everything together and he will never be a threat to any good 155lbs mma guy even if he's a bjj god.

You have to be complete in modern mma, just look at Penn, GSP, Silva, Nog, fedor, they are complete athletes.

If he train seriously and full time in mma, he can do good, but i'm not sure about his physique/strengh at 155lbs. If he does it part time, he will not be able to get everything together and he will never be a threat to any good 155lbs mma guy, even if he's a bjj god.

i think he's fighting at WW not LW

i think he's fighting at WW not LW

He's listed at 154lbs. I hope he will not fight at 170, i already doubt about his strenght at 155, he look like a small 155lbs, immagine with a 170lbs monster like GSP or Fitch or Alvez...

If i'm not wrong, bjj guy are not in the 'cutting weight' game that munch, he will have to learn that too.

He's listed at 154lbs. I hope he will not fight at 170, i already doubt about his strenght at 155, he look like a small 155lbs, immagine with a 170lbs monster like GSP or Fitch or Alvez...

If i'm not wrong, bjj guy are not in the 'cutting weight' game that munch, he will have to learn that too.

he grapples at 167 and walks around at about 180

EDIT

although a cut to 155 seems feasible

he grapples at 167 and walks around at about 180

EDIT

although a cut to 155 seems feasible

I will check what was his weight for his first fight. He didnt look that cut in the vids, but i think i have all the show in dvd quality. Will check it tonight...

Anyway if he walk at 175-180, 155 look ok to me.

you are such a retarded troll it's not even funny

you are such a retarded troll it's not even funny

He wonderboy!! Go get some 'decoration' (like my xmas tree lol!!) and get of my back.

YOU are the troll, go to fight finder and look what weight Garcia was listed for his fight. And as long as i know, bjj guys didnt cut that munch for bjj comp.

So, what do you have to say about that WonderBoy?? If you dont have anything to say about this thread, keep your mouth shout and stop trolling around. Go train asshole.

He wonderboy!! Go get some 'decoration' (like my xmas tree lol!!) and get of my back.

YOU are the troll, go to fight finder and look what weight Garcia was listed for his fight. And as long as i know, bjj guys didnt cut that munch for bjj comp.

So, what do you have to say about that WonderBoy?? If you dont have anything to say about this thread, keep your mouth shout and stop trolling around. Go train asshole.

most incoherent post of the month at least

I met Marcelo a few times. He is by far the nicest human being in the world.. not just BJJ community. I'm willing to bet Jesus was like Marcelo (as Bravo says it) but Jesus couldn't possible roll as well as Marcello. When I was talking to him about how he is the best BJJ guy, he just kept saying how guys like Roger Gracie, Jacare, Xande Ribiero and others were better than him. And he always had to big smile on his face.

Back