Marcelo Garcia DESTROYS Everyone in ATT!

I met Marcelo a few times. He is by far the nicest human being in the world.. not just BJJ community. I'm willing to bet Jesus was like Marcelo (as Bravo says it) but Jesus couldn't possible roll as well as Marcello. When I was talking to him about how he is the best BJJ guy, he just kept saying how guys like Roger Gracie, Jacare, Xande Ribiero and others were better than him. And he always had to big smile on his face.

he's also 25 frickin years old. there's a lot more of Marcelo to come in the future.

he's also 25 frickin years old. there's a lot more of Marcelo to come in the future.

Soon as he gets used to rolling with people with MMA gloves on and figures out how to grip with them on, he will be a force to deal with.

I didn't get to roll with him when I met him, but I will would pay a lot of money to get my ass handed by that man. Its not every day when you can roll with a living legend. Yes, I said it. Marcello Garcia is a living legend. For those of you saying, "oh Roger is better.. blah blah blah.." Roger also has like 60lbs over the man. I don't think Roger would be nearly as effective if he was Marcello's size.

I didn't get to roll with him when I met him, but I will would pay a lot of money to get my ass handed by that man. Its not every day when you can roll with a living legend.

He's super nice, humble, soft spoken, hard to believe he hurts people for a living.

As for paying to roll with him, attend one of his seminars, he rolls with any/everyone @ the end. I thought he'd pick and choose who he'd roll with but that was not the case, anyone who wanted to got a turn with him.

I thought his first mma fight was at 185?

He competed bjj at middleweight, which is like 181 with the gi (about 175 without). I'm sure training at ATT he has put on some weight. He may even have gotten a hold of some brazlilian vitamins too :)

I thought his first mma fight was at 185?

He competed bjj at middleweight, which is like 181 with the gi (about 175 without). I'm sure training at ATT he has put on some weight. He may even have gotten a hold of some brazlilian vitamins too :)

It was 82kg, which is about 180lbs.

Marcelo never gave a shit about cutting weight because he BEATS EVERYBODY.

I will check what was his weight for his first fight. He didnt look that cut in the vids, but i think i have all the show in dvd quality. Will check it tonight...

Anyway if he walk at 175-180, 155 look ok to me.

His opponent had his next fight at MW (185)... against Melvin Manhoef...

His opponent had his next fight at MW (185)... against Melvin Manhoef...

I did some research and it was at 180lbs. that explain why he looked not cut at all. I think he's Way to small for 185, too small for 170 imho (compare to GSP, Fitch, Alvez,Hughues, name it), he should go to 155.

Maybe avaing his next fight to 170lbs to see how it goes (no big cut here) and the third one at 155?

I know he's ground Wizard, but fighting with bigger guys, in mma (or bjj), is not exactly a good idea. It's better to be a big 155 than a small 170.

I'm lookinf forward to see him fight again. Him and Jacare on the same card should be nice!

all of you guys saying hes small and weighs 154 are insane he may be a lil short but hes as strong as an ox and at 155 would be reallly strong btw right now he weighs 190 lbs and fights at 170

all of you guys saying hes small and weighs 154 are insane he may be a lil short but hes as strong as an ox and at 155 would be reallly strong btw right now he weighs 190 lbs and fights at 170

that's what i thought, the friendly smile masks the fact that he is indeed built like an ox

Marcelo said that he was forced to fight at MW for his MMA fight, I forgot the reasons. His natural weight is WW

^^ Nice Video with Drysdale.

I just checked Marcelo's record and he has three grappling loses:

Drysdale = 99KG
Jacare = 84KG
Marcio Cruz = 105KG

Marcelo Garcia competes in the 66-76KG division.

That isn't an accurate statement. He has been tapped many times by others. I know for a fact that he got tapped by Cafe Dantes in the Pan Ams 2003 by arm bar from the mount. It's on the Pan Ams 2003 DVD.

Marcelo needs some time to develop as a Mixed Martial Artist. His standup and takedowns aren't there yet and his grappling needs to be adapted.

In comparison to Jacare, I don't know if Marcelo will have as easy a crossover to MMA. Two of his favorite techniques, the arm drag and X-Guard, aren't heavily seen in MMA. That and he's a prefers-bottom grappler. Yes, many can fight off their back, but they're going to absorb a lot of punishment.

Marcelo's a very driven individual and if you read his intro in his X-Guard book, a very cool guy. I think he can make it, but he has quite a lot of work to do. Probably the fighter I want to meet most.

That isn't an accurate statement. He has been tapped many times by others. I know for a fact that he got tapped by Cafe Dantes in the Pan Ams 2003 by arm bar from the mount. It's on the Pan Ams 2003 DVD.

yeah, I think those are his ADCC losses.

he's been submitted by Terere in the finals of the mundials and beaten by others too, mostly in the gi. His record is damn impressive by any standards, but it's not perfect. nobody in grappling is perfect.

I tapped Dustin (it happened twice) + Dustin beat Marcelo = I CAN BEAT MARCELO :redface:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nuzn3hBk9sw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nuzn3hBk9sw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

What happens in the gym should stay in the gym.

Of course it is not a huge revelation, but just shouldn't be talked about publicly, especially in the form you just did.

He didn't mention names though so seemed ok to me..

Marcelo needs some time to develop as a Mixed Martial Artist. His standup and takedowns aren't there yet and his grappling needs to be adapted.

In comparison to Jacare, I don't know if Marcelo will have as easy a crossover to MMA. Two of his favorite techniques, the arm drag and X-Guard, aren't heavily seen in MMA. That and he's a prefers-bottom grappler. Yes, many can fight off their back, but they're going to absorb a lot of punishment.

Marcelo's a very driven individual and if you read his intro in his X-Guard book, a very cool guy. I think he can make it, but he has quite a lot of work to do. Probably the fighter I want to meet most.

Actually he is a great guard passer. 2007 Pan Ams everyone was jumping into closed guard against him. He made passing look so so easy..

Marcelo is the frickin man and that's that. I was just at an eddie bravo seminar and if a guy of eddie's stature in the bjj world holds marcelo in that high of regard then he must be a monster.

Back