Man I miss Vancouver!

I just moved to Vancouver from Alberta and all I can say is that Vancouver sucks. Everything is brutally expensive, the housing situation is tragic and the amount of retarded hipsters is insane. There are too many homeless scumbags because the liberal politics encourage it and every square inch of the city is under major construction.

What really pisses me off is the morons who buy loud fancy cars and drive around the city showing them off by driving like an asshole. There are so many assholes in Vancouver its sickening.

I was born and raised here but half my family lives and is from Calgary. I really love it there as well. I usually go fishing with my dad out there.

Vancouver does have a douche factor that I don't see as much in Calgary. Probably too cold for that. LOL!

2004, cough... Iginla, see ya! the Canucks may not have a cup but in 20 years the Canucks will have more Cup banners than Calgary and the Flames will still be the NHL's version of a urinal if they even stay in Calgary with a team so lousy the Leafs have guaranteed 2pts every time they play them this year.

WHat a weak fucking argument: "In 20 years we'll have more cups then you!" haha OK nostradamus.

Same, except the people kinda suck here... let's be honest. I felt more welcome when traveling than i do in my own town, people (men and women) have their noses up here for sure (not just Vancouver but the lower mainland) and think they're special for some reason. I guess the imports are usually upper class from wherever they're from and tend to have a better-than-you attitude and it's unfortunately an infectious one at that.

The city itself is something special though and I love it here. I did some traveling with the belief I'd settle down somewhere else but by going away I realize how good it is here and I came back.

I don't know about that. It just really depends on who you are surrounding yourself with. Most people I know are laid back, relaxed, nice people.

Sometimes I do meet the snobby douchebags though so I know they are out there. For example, on occasion when I am dating a new woman and meet her friends I am sometimes shocked that there are entire groups of entitled idiots living in the same city as me. And MOST of the time those people moved here from somewhere else.

I was dating one woman a few years back. Her friends were fun to party with but ultimately pretty shallow people. When she met my friends she was blown away. She just couldn't believe how nice everyone was. She mentioned it for weeks. It actually made her reevaluate the friendships she had.

I don't know about that. It just really depends on who you are surrounding yourself with. Most people I know are laid back, relaxed, nice people.

Sometimes I do meet the snobby douchebags though so I know they are out there. For example, on occasion when I am dating a new woman and meet her friends I am sometimes shocked that there are entire groups of entitled idiots living in the same city as me. And MOST of the time those people moved here from somewhere else.

I was dating one woman a few years back. Her friends were fun to party with but ultimately pretty shallow people. When she met my friends she was blown away. She just couldn't believe how nice everyone was. She mentioned it for weeks. It actually made her reevaluate the friendships she had.

The cambie and broadway area is brutal for pretentious douchebag hipsters.

Sorry, three years. :icon_twis

LOL You idiots have never won a cup and can't even figure out who your fucking starting goalie is and yourtelling me your gonna win 2 of the 3 next cups? Get fucked buddy, BTW I'm from Edmonton I laugh when Calgarians and Vancouverins argues about who's got the most cups. LOLOLOL BTW I know your gonna say something along the lines of "the oliers were dead last in the league last 2 seasons blah blah blah" We've still got 5 more cups then you assholes.

Canucks Suck
Flames Suck
Canadian Weather Sucks
Cost of Living Sucks
You Suck
I Suck

Oilers 2014

The cambie and broadway area is brutal for pretentious douchebag hipsters.

I can totally see that, but luckily I am rarely in that area these days. I am definitely more of a Commercial drive kind of guy. I used to love the ANZA for hockey games though.

LOL You idiots have never won a cup and can't even figure out who your fucking starting goalie is and yourtelling me your gonna win 2 of the 3 next cups? Get fucked buddy, BTW I'm from Edmonton I laugh when Calgarians and Vancouverins argues about who's got the most cups. LOLOLOL BTW I know your gonna say something along the lines of "the oliers were dead last in the league last 2 seasons blah blah blah" We've still got 5 more cups then you assholes.

In all seriousness, you took the bait I left for atheist... anyway, you're right, and I'm just talking shit here to stir things up lol... but the Oil are a good young team and could be on pace for a serious cup run or two in a couple years if they can a goalie and some defense.

As for Vancouver, I like Lou and I'm glad he's here over Schnieder. Lou is the better goalie for this market, you can't teach being a lightning rod and Lou gets it and can deal with it.

I can totally see that, but luckily I am rarely in that area these days. I am definitely more of a Commercial drive kind of guy. I used to love the ANZA for hockey games though.

The cambie and 7th area is especially bad. It's all fat, male, bearded hipsters mixed with a bunch of yuppies. And none of these fucking idiots know how to cross the fucking street properly.

In all seriousness, you took the bait I left for atheist... anyway, you're right, and I'm just talking shit here to stir things up lol... but the Oil are a good young team and could be on pace for a serious cup run or two in a couple years if they can a goalie and some defense.

As for Vancouver, I like Lou and I'm glad he's here over Schnieder. Lou is the better goalie for this market, you can't teach being a lightning rod and Lou gets it and can deal with it.

I think the RNH contract was a little excessive.

Haha true. They traded Schneider?

No way, worth every penny. That kid is gold... he's like another Jonathan Toews.

They're going to have Yak, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Nurse, and Schultz. Gonna be tough keeping all those guys under the cap.

Wouldn't compare him to captain serious though.

They're going to have Yak, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Nurse, and Schultz. Gonna be tough keeping all those guys under the cap.

Wouldn't compare him to captain serious though.

They'll never keep them all, good trade bait though. RNH is the real deal, should be on Team Canada and I think better than Eberle in terms of potential.

Back