News Majority of Mark Hunt's Lawsuit against the UFC gets dismissed

Majority of Mark Hunt's Lawsuit against the UFC gets dismissed

All but one of the claims in Mark Hunt’s lawsuit against the UFC have been dismissed.

The UFC heavyweight is suing the promotion, UFC president Dana White and Brock Lesnar for multiple claims related to Lesnar’s drug-test failure in relation to his fight with Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016. Hunt claimed the parties involved committed racketeering, fraud, battery and civil conspiracy and more.

Those claims were all dismissed with prejudice Thursday by U.S. District Court (Nevada) judge Jennifer Doresy in a filing, per court records. The only remaining claim in the lawsuit is Hunt’s claim against the UFC of breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. All the claims against White and Lesnar were dismissed.

Dorsey referred the lawsuit to a magistrate judge for a mandatory settlement conference.

The lawsuit was first filed in 2016, though an amended complaint was filed in June 2017, claiming that the UFC, White and Lesnar knew Lesnar was using performance-enhancing drugs ahead of UFC 200. The parties involved cleared the way for Lesnar to get by USADA, the UFC’s anti-doping program, and then let him compete. It further claimed that Hunt was damaged both financially and physically by what attorneys have alleged was a criminal conspiracy.

A big part of the lawsuit revolved around the UFC’s decision to waive the then-provision in its anti-doping policy that a fighter coming into the USADA drug-testing pool must be in it four months before fighting. Lesnar was in the USADA pool for about a month prior to UFC 200 and was tested several times, most of them negative. The sample collection 11 days before the fight ended up coming up positive for the prohibited substance clomiphene, but the test results were not expedited by USADA and didn’t come back until after Lesnar beat Hunt by unanimous decision.

The UFC argued at the time that Lesnar was not under contract until about a month before the bout, therefore could not have been put in the drug-testing pool. The UFC’s anti-doping policy did give the promotion the ability to waive that four-month rule, which has since been expanded to six months. The UFC also said that Lesnar was never in the drug-testing pool when he retired in 2011; the UFC only hired USADA in 2015. The rule, it was stated, was put in place so fighters can’t leave the program and then come back quickly.

Lesnar was suspended one year by USADA and the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC), in addition to a $250,000 from the NAC, for the positive drug test. He has not fought in the UFC since, though has been a key figure for WWE.

In the filing, Dorsey wrote that just because Lesnar violated a rule of the sport “does not automatically negate Hunt’s consent.” She cited a ruling in a case, Avila v. Citrus Community College District, involving a baseball batter hit intentionally with a pitch as precedent.

“Like that intentional throw, the fact that Lesnar was allegedly doping violated the bout rules established by UFC and the NAC but does not alone establish that his conduct exceeded the ordinary range of activity in an MMA fight,” Dorsey wrote. “As Hunt’s own allegations demonstrate, doping is an unfortunately common issue in MMA and was a risk he perceived. And although he argues that doping empowered Lesnar to move faster and hit harder, Hunt doesn’t allege that Lesnar’s conduct during the bout was somehow atypical—such as throwing Hunt out of the octagon or using ‘packed gloves’ or a weapon. Nor does Hunt claim that his injuries exceeded those typical of an MMA bout. Accordingly, I find that Hunt consented to his fight with Lesnar, which precludes civil-battery liability.”

brock-lesnar-face-gif-10.gif

GnP City, Bitch!

So much for Hunt’s pursuit of Lesnar’s $2.5 million payday.
dc7aa73f8ac0f6c49d679e43a5a936fd3764e3e3_hq.gif

It's like I've always said :

Mark Hunt's statement Pre-fight where he said he "didn't care if Brock was juiced or not, he was going to knock him out" would come back to bite him in the ass and lo and behold ====> <WellThere>

And now he can finally FUCK OFF.

He not only got beaten in the Octagon by Brock.....he got beaten in the Courtroom, too. #EatSleepBrockWinsRepeat bork1}<CanYouSeeMeNow>

We're laughing that Hunto got cheated out of a win by a juiced up bum???

I mean I get it, it's funny, but.

Last edited:
lol, you are clueless
The test results came back on 7/14
So how did they know before the fight if the results were after?
Getting released to the press and knowing the results in the lab are two different things. And for someone I usually like you're coming off as a douche.

No he looks stupid but he wasn't wrong. The UFC knew he got busted on the 28th of June but let him fight anyway. He was wrong in his prediction. So are 50% of fighters.

Hunt knew what he was getting into, but because of the financial gain, he took the fight. If this fight would have been canceled, he would probably be even more pissed. Him acting like a child after he lost was stupid and so was the lawsuit

I’m so disconnected with people on this forum.

Why do people hate Hunt?
Apparently he's a bitch for wanting his opponents to follow the rules.

Hard to understand anyone celebrating this. It's complete bullshit that a guy can roid out to kick your ass illegally, then the commission gets a payout and all you get is a concussion.

We're laughing that Hunto got cheated put of a win by a juiced up bum???

I mean I get it, it's funny, but.
Brocks been a cheater his entire career and Dana backs him no matter what. Someone dare step up?! Hypocrisy at its finest. Society in general is like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently he's a bitch for wanting his opponents to follow the rules.

Hard to understand anyone celebrating this. It's complete bullshit that a guy can roid out to kick your ass illegally, then the commission gets a payout and all you get is a concussion.
This guy gets it.

Let Hunt Juice for a year then fight Brock.

Turinbol after 3 cycles turned an east german athlete from throwing 18m to 22m world record shot putt.
EPO have Mark's blood so thick he has to wake up in the middle of the night to run or he will have a heart attack, wins the mountain Jersey in the tour of france in preparation.
Cutting agents, Mark strips away all fat with asthma medicine TUE like the SKY boys at cycling.

It'll be like the time that boy tried to double leg robocop with a car.

Hunt knew what he was getting into, but because of the financial gain, he took the fight. If this fight would have been canceled, he would probably be even more pissed. Him acting like a child after he lost was stupid and so was the lawsuit
Well in his defence he has been fighting guys his whole career clean while they were juiced. He had enough. He wasn't going to win but good on him for trying.

Getting released to the press and knowing the results in the lab are two different things. And for someone I usually like you're coming off as a douche.

You have no idea WTF you are talking about
I explained it several times

I will try once more ... you can look it up yourself

THE TEST RESULT CAME BACK ON JULY 14TH
Not before
USADA does not do the test
They were alerted on 7/14
@-Dim- has explained it dozens of times
it has been in every valid news report

As far as me coming across like a douche for explaining known facts to you ...

upload_2019-2-16_6-52-25.jpeg

You have no idea WTF you are talking about
I explained it several times

I will try once more ... you can look it up yourself

THE TEST RESULT CAME BACK ON JULY 14TH
Not before
USADA does not do the test
They were alerted on 7/14
@-Dim- has explained it dozens of times
it has been in every valid news report

As far as me coming across like a douche for explaining known facts to you ...

View attachment 525275
You're wrong and so are your mates. GFY
billy-batts.gif

You're wrong and so are your mates. GFY
billy-batts.gif

You are clueless
But keep calling people that actually know the facts "cunts" & "douches" ... it just makes you look worse & even dumber than you already look

You are clueless
But keep calling people that actually know the facts "cunts" & "douches" ... it just makes you look worse & even dumber than you already look
Look at you trying to tee off. Guessing your drunk because you cant stop, the test results were known to the UFC before the 9th. So they got both results to the public on the 14th. So it took one test 16 days back and the other 5? hahahahaha keep trying. Now you realise how stupid you look. But but the other test takes longer because of the pictograms and and my mate said.....Bahahahahahahahaha wait ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hopefully UFC countersues and bankrupts Hunto the way they fucked up Ken Shamrock.

Look at you trying to tee off. Guessing your drunk because you cant stop, the test results were known to the UFC before the 9th. So they got both results to the public on the 14th. So it took one test 16 days back and the other 5? hahahahaha keep trying. Now you realise how stupid you look. But but the other test takes longer because of the pictograms and and my mate said.....Bahahahahahahahaha wait ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are an idiot
I'd say do research but you wouldn't understand it

Both his failed test did NOT ... repeat NOT come back on 7/14

You don't even know how these things work
USADA does not do the test Mr. Stupid
They collect the samples & send off to VADA
VADA alerted USADA on 7/14 & USADA alerted UFC on 7/15

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...back-brock-lesnar-s-positive-drug-test-result
Dr. Margaret Goodman, the president of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), said her organization requests expedites on all results, but the time they take to come back depends on various things, like the time of collection, the lab and unforeseen processes of that lab.

"Because different panels and methods of analysis require different processing times, some results may be available while other results from the same collection may not yet be completed," Goodman said.

Positive drug test results take longer to return than negative ones, because the labs double and triple check to confirm the positive before sending it back to an agency.

-

You are too ignorant to keep replying to & your lack of comprehension proves a waste of time
Maybe your next board name (after this gets banned) will do better

You are an idiot
I'd say do research but you wouldn't understand it

Both his failed test did NOT ... repeat NOT come back on 7/14

You don't even know how these things work
USADA does not do the test Mr. Stupid
They collect the samples & send off to VADA
VADA alerted USADA on 7/14 & USADA alerted UFC on 7/15

https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/...back-brock-lesnar-s-positive-drug-test-result
Dr. Margaret Goodman, the president of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), said her organization requests expedites on all results, but the time they take to come back depends on various things, like the time of collection, the lab and unforeseen processes of that lab.

"Because different panels and methods of analysis require different processing times, some results may be available while other results from the same collection may not yet be completed," Goodman said.

Positive drug test results take longer to return than negative ones, because the labs double and triple check to confirm the positive before sending it back to an agency.

You are too ignorant to keep replying to & your lack of comprehension proves a waste of time
Maybe your next board name (after this gets banned) will do better
Did research it and you're going to say with a straight face that the one that came back on the 14th which is 16 days later to the one on the 9th that came back just 9 days, conveniently so that Brock the biggest cash cow for the UFC 200 card after Jones/DC gets cancelled, that NOBODY knew about it? How much do you get payed for this brazen shilling? LOL see ya

For the nitwit impaired:

The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has notified the UFC of a second failed drug test submitted by former heavyweight champion and WWE star Brock Lesnar.

UFC officials were informed Tuesday that Lesnar, 39, failed a fight night drug test at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Results showed the presence of the same unidentified banned substance Lesnar tested positive for on June 28.

The substance that Lesnar tested positive for hasn't been officially identified, but a source told ESPN that the flagged substance is clomiphene, the same anti-estrogen blocker for which Jon Jones tested positive.

Neither of those test results was available to the promotion on July 9, which is how Lesnar (6-3) was still able to fight Mark Hunt at T-Mobile Arena. Lesnar won the fight via unanimous decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back