News Majority of Mark Hunt's Lawsuit against the UFC gets dismissed

The courts can’t rule in Mark’s favour otherwise everyone who has ever fought an opponent found to be juicing would be able to file a lawsuit against their former opponent.

Imagine the amount of cases. That’s a can of worms no one has the balls to open.

Apparently he's a bitch for wanting his opponents to follow the rules.

Hard to understand anyone celebrating this. It's complete bullshit that a guy can roid out to kick your ass illegally, then the commission gets a payout and all you get is a concussion.

It is fucked that the commission keeps the money
Funny thing is Khabib was fined $500k
That was NSAC operating budget according to Luke Thomas
funny how that worked out, huh?

Well in his defence he has been fighting guys his whole career clean while they were juiced. He had enough. He wasn't going to win but good on him for trying.

if he had enough he should not have accepted the bout. His quotes before the fight and childish behavior after the fight have undermined whatever legitimacy there might have been behind his stance and made him look bad despite being the one respectable party in this debacle.

The courts can’t rule in Mark’s favour otherwise everyone who has ever fought an opponent found to be juicing would be able to file a lawsuit against their former opponent.

Imagine the amount of cases. That’s a can of worms no one has the balls to open.

they could rule, but his suit was UFC knew prior to UFC 200
The proof is the results were not sent to USADA until 7/14 (after UFC 200)

If WADA got the results to USADA before the event, Hunt would have won

It wasn't until Hunt mentioned it that I thought hey, wait. Why DOES the commission get all of the money?

They weren't the ones getting concussed by a roided out cheater after all.

<puh-lease75>

who's fault was that though?

It wasn't until Hunt mentioned it that I thought hey, wait. Why DOES the commission get all of the money?

They weren't the ones getting concussed by a roided out cheater after all.

100%
It is a racket

The golden rule. Those with the gold make the rules nowadays. Not how it's supposed to be but it is what it is. Hunt shoulda know better than challenge a 5 billion dollar org.
Now a days? Pretty sure that’s always been the case.

Apparently he's a bitch for wanting his opponents to follow the rules.

Hard to understand anyone celebrating this. It's complete bullshit that a guy can roid out to kick your ass illegally, then the commission gets a payout and all you get is a concussion.

What turned everybody off of Hunt was his childish behavior about it. It wasn't about wanting brock to follow the rules, it was him knowing brock wasn't following the rules, saying it publicly, dismissing the importance of it, then throwing a tantrum after he lost

not sure what you are asking man
Who's fault was what?

Sorry, i knew that could have looked vague. I was basically saying that khabib put himself on that position. He stays in the cage, he keeps the 500k

I used to admire Mark Hunt in Pride but since he came across to the UFC, he has been nothing but a whiny bitch! Whines when winning, whines like a hormonal woman when he loses. Maybe he should go join All Elite Wrestling or WWE where whining is accepted as heel heat.

What turned everybody off of Hunt was his childish behavior about it. It wasn't about wanting brock to follow the rules, it was him knowing brock wasn't following the rules, saying it publicly, dismissing the importance of it, then throwing a tantrum after he lost
I dunno man, he was mad. A lot of people these days seem to hold everyone else to a different standard than they hold themselves too.

If someone cheated in a competition causing me to lose money, and most likely take some degree of irreversible brain damage, I'd be pissed too. Especially if the common response was "lolz shut up you're just mad you lost"

He was imo rightfully pissed that so few people had his back.

I dunno man, he was mad. A lot of people these days seem to hold everyone else to a different standard than they hold themselves too.

If someone cheated in a competition causing me to lose money, and most likely take some degree of irreversible brain damage, I'd be pissed too. Especially if the common response was "lolz shut up you're just mad you lost"

He was imo rightfully pissed that so few people had his back.

The reason why he's getting very little sympathy is because he said he was certain brock was cheating and would win despite that. He also attacked his own fans who were asking him to calm down.

Mark Hunt is one of the beloved and respected fighters, and he was the innocent party in this scandal. If he would have acted with a cooler head in this, he could have gotten what he wanted

The reason why he's getting very little sympathy is because he said he was certain brock was cheating and would win despite that. He also attacked his own fans who were asking him to calm down.

Mark Hunt is one of the beloved and respected fighters, and he was the innocent party in this scandal. If he would have acted with a cooler head in this, he could have gotten what he wanted
I get that, but that's a much more childish reaction than hunts imo.

Omg he said one thing and later did another! What a hypocrite, it's definitely worse to change your mind than it is to illegally take peds :rolleyes:

2020 office supplies, coffee, and doughnuts sponsored by Khabib.

The golden rule. Those with the gold make the rules nowadays. Not how it's supposed to be but it is what it is. Hunt shoulda know better than challenge a 5 billion dollar org.

Nothing to do with money in this instance. Even a first year student at the most mediocre law school in the country knows that consent is a defense to an alleged battery. Not a controversial ruling.

I dunno. I get what he's saying to some extent (i.e. that the UFC and Brock all knew fully well that Brock may not make it through the drug testing without popping).

But the linchpin of his argument seems to be that they let him compete on short notice without being in the testing pool for 4 months. Well, yeah... that's how it was possible for you to sign the contract and get the fight on short notice yourself, Hunt. You knew that when you signed. The other option is that the fight doesn't happen. You knew that when you signed, too. That's why you signed anyway. How in hell do you turn around after that and argue non consent?

Back