Main event purses from Saturday’s Boxing and UFC events

A proper PPV event

Even when UFC went up against Canelo before, the PPV didn't seem to do too well. (when the UFC don't publish the PPV numbers, you know it stunk or underwhelmed)

Not going up against Canelo is smart business, other boxing promoters do the same thing

UFC 244 went up against Canelo and it was the highest selling MMA PPV of that year

UFC 244 went up against Canelo and it was the highest selling MMA PPV of that year

How many PPV did it sell? That info has been withheld likely because it wasn't very impressive

And why Jorge had to beg for a increase after it, he didn't have the raw numbers to back him up, when he sold 1.3m PPV vs usman he became a made man and never has to publically beg for money since.

Again I can see your frustration and I feel sorry for you

<{Heymansnicker}>
Thanks for your sorrow, now provide the data that shows MMA is more popular than boxing

Yesterday Canelo fought in front of 70,000, AJ boxes infront of 90,000 multiple times. Canelo has generated 20m+ live gates multiple times

I hope I'm not opening up old scars of yours, but Highlight the UFC cards that did any of this, that is of course if you can......

It’s no secret boxing pays better than mma. But this isn’t really a fair comparison, it’s like the biggest name in boxing competing in front of a sold out crowd against two not very well known fighters on a small card with no fans.

Why not compare the Khabib/Conor fight purse to some random female boxing fight purse while we are at it ?
Neither of them made Canelo money, either. Not even combining their purses. They probably did Billy Joe money.

U
Fight
Cheap

Dana saved a bunch of money on this card by not having Diego on it.

Well that’s a much more fair comparison, ufc pays middle card guys more.. remember Overeem? He was making 800k a fight arlovski is still making like 500k a fight, but overall yes boxing pays more than ufc, the chickens are coming home to roost. I don’t think Mma is ever gonna pay boxing wages because of the structure of lower card and middle card guys making more, but the top guys will be getting paid more for sure, like ufc should pay Jones 10 million to fight Ngannou at HW. That’s reasonable. Because if the ufc offers 10 million plus ufc ppv points at like a cap of upwards Of 20 million if he reaches buy rate goals, if the ufc came out and said that was the offer and Jones still declined, then Jones would look like the a hole.
You vastly overestimate PPV points if you think a fighter can get 10 million there. No mma fighters has ever gotten 10 bucks a buy or even 5 bucks a buy lol

This was from a few weeks ago.

Jake Paul: $690,000
Ben Askren: $500,000

Robert Whittaker: $210,000
Kevin Gastelum: $150,000

*not including sponsorship or other bonuses

Pretty sad Canllo got paid more the the entire roster of all non Connor fights.

Back