Main event purses from Saturday’s Boxing and UFC events

They already did and canelo had to fucking wait for the ufc event to finish. Biggest star in boxing right there lmao

bork1}

The fight you are referring to was in November, Canelo's weekend is Cinco de Mayo in May, THAT is Canelo's weekend and Dana knows it and schedules accordingly. Canelo is the biggest star in combat sports, when did masvidal or diaz fight in front of 70,000 people? the only 70,000 they see is in their pay checks!

Canelo is one of the best boxers to date, along with Tyson Fury, Wilder, Joshua....and biggest drawing. That’s why he gets 25 million, compare what Canelo gets to say Khabib or Conor for a more accurate assessment

Canelo is one of the best boxers to date, along with Tyson Fury, Wilder, Joshua....and biggest drawing. That’s why he gets 25 million, compare what Canelo gets to say Khabib or Conor for a more accurate assessment

Fair enough

Conor last reported guaranteed payout 3m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_246

Khabib last reported guareented payout 2m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_229

Canelo 25m - see OP

What kinda buck fifty, backyard brawl is this sport?

The fight you are referring to was in November, Canelo's weekend is Cinco de Mayo in May, THAT is Canelo's weekend and Dana knows it and schedules accordingly. Canelo is the biggest star in combat sports, when did masvidal or diaz fight in front of 70,000 people? the only 70,000 they see is in their pay checks!
All I know is that Canelo had to wait for 2 guys with more than 25 combined losses in their records to fight for a made up belt and you boxing fanboys came here salty as fuck that day angry at MMA lmao.

Now you guys come to a karate forum to compare the purse of your biggest star with some wmma main event put together in short notice as if that is something to celebrate or something? Just how much lower can boxing fall? When is the next Triller event? And which mma fighter is going to box there now? It seems that's the only boxing events that people care to watch

<Dany07>

Fair enough

Conor last reported guaranteed payout 3m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_246

Khabib last reported guareented payout 2m

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_229

Canelo 25m - see OP

What kinda buck fifty, backyard brawl is this sport?
Well that’s a much more fair comparison, ufc pays middle card guys more.. remember Overeem? He was making 800k a fight arlovski is still making like 500k a fight, but overall yes boxing pays more than ufc, the chickens are coming home to roost. I don’t think Mma is ever gonna pay boxing wages because of the structure of lower card and middle card guys making more, but the top guys will be getting paid more for sure, like ufc should pay Jones 10 million to fight Ngannou at HW. That’s reasonable. Because if the ufc offers 10 million plus ufc ppv points at like a cap of upwards Of 20 million if he reaches buy rate goals, if the ufc came out and said that was the offer and Jones still declined, then Jones would look like the a hole.

Lol at shills here now acting like it's bad to compare them to women. It's still main event vs main event.
No one gives a shit that women are headlining. It’s obvious that Canelo is a megastar and Karate Hottie isn’t even known to casuals.

Why would an unknown fighter, male or female, make anything comparable to boxing’s biggest star?

You do realize that this weekend was supposed to be Cory vs TJ

A proper PPV event

Even when UFC went up against Canelo before, the PPV didn't seem to do too well. (when the UFC don't publish the PPV numbers, you know it stunk or underwhelmed)

Not going up against Canelo is smart business, other boxing promoters do the same thing

Comparing Canelo to Waterson has got to be the stupidest shit I have ever seen in my life

Like comparing Bill Gates to the guy that cleans the offices at night at a Microsoft center

All I know is that Canelo had to wait for 2 guys with more than 25 combined losses in their records to fight for a made up belt and you boxing fanboys came here salty as fuck that day angry at MMA lmao.

Now you guys come to a karate forum to compare the purse of your biggest star with some wmma main event put together in short notice as if that is something to celebrate or something? Just how much lower can boxing fall? When is the next Triller event? And which mma fighter is going to box there now? It seems that's the only boxing events that people care to watch

<Dany07>

You are obsviously still grieving from the Askren KO or something

I like both sports, I'm just frustrated by underpaid MMA stars trying to get boxing stars to notice them, like hookers hoping from for a quick one. I don't want ngannou gettin smoked by george foremen, or cormier getting put to sleep by jake paul, jack paul or rupaul in the boxing ring

These guys should get paid more, even if MMA is nowhere near as popular as boxing

Not that it is exactly worst, but i read

Canelo 15M
Saunders 2.5M

Purse, it could go up even higher of course.

You are obsviously still grieving from the Askren KO or something

I like both sports, I'm just frustrated by underpaid MMA stars trying to get boxing stars to notice them, like hookers hoping from for a quick one. I don't want ngannou gettin smoked by george foremen, or cormier getting put to sleep by jake paul, jack paul or rupaul in the boxing ring

These guys should get paid more, even if MMA is nowhere near as popular as boxing
Top PPV attractions in MMA make decent money but still way below boxing, having said that, some main event boxers on a free card might not get big money either, but the UFC is sold as this premiere org, they could and should pay some more, in every level.

I don't want ngannou gettin smoked by george foremen, or cormier getting put to sleep by jake paul, jack paul or rupaul in the boxing ring

... even if MMA is nowhere near as popular as boxing
LMAO Delusional boxing fanboy with a inferiority complex detected. How sad is it that you have to come to a karate forum to talk about boxing because boxing forums are empty?

Nice deflection on Canelo waiting by the way. UFC has surpassed boxing. Boxing is second tier to MMA these days. I feel sorry for you. I don't even care to go to boxing forums to troll their fans like you feel you need to. I get it, you feel threatened and that's why you are here. UFC gets bigger and bigger every year and the only boxing ppv events that sell are the ones from youtubers against mma guys. Again I can see your frustration and I feel sorry for you

<{Heymansnicker}>

Last edited:
What a dummy thread. Another good one buddy! Keep em coming. What’s next? You’re gonna compare Lebrons yearly salary to the the 50th best on the PBA tour. (That’s bowling btw)

UFC has surpassed boxing. Boxing is second tier to MMA these days.
I'm not disputing you, but do you have actual data that supports this, particularly with links?
I've been looking for this for some time.

The UFC would never schedule a big fight on Canelo's weekend of choice cinco de mayo

Any UFC fight would likely get dwarfed to irrelevance

Whilst it's true boxing is 10x bigger than MMA, BJS is not the cause of that and his guaranteed published money is the same as Lesnar's or conor's career high paydays

You are right to use the word outrageous
BJS money is directly related to who he is fighting though

Comparing Canelo to Waterson has got to be the stupidest shit I have ever seen in my life

Like comparing Bill Gates to the guy that cleans the offices at night at a Microsoft center
Premier league footballers get paid more than Premiership rugby players in England

I don’t really get the point of the thread.

Commercially more successful sports pay the people involved more money. Especially when you compare the biggest star in the more financially successful sport to some relative nobodies in the less popular sport.

Did anyone need this thread to learn that?

Reactions: lsa
Back