Maia will show Shields what real Jiu-Jitsu looks like and finish him via sub in round

as much as i don't like shields he's hella tough to finish. i see another ud for maia 29-28

Shields should be another relatively easy Fitch/SOnnen type win for Maia.

There is a certain type of wrestler Maia (and all top bjj guys feed on) and that is a guy who uses tdd and top control to in a decision and who does not have the striking to make the bjj guy respect them. Yes Shields also has good subs and bjj but that is of no use V Maia.

Until the UFC feeds Maia to the type of wrestlers who became the bane of bjj's guys, good at using wrestling to keep fight standing and have the standup to punish them (Munoz, Weidman), he will continue to wade thru that gift type wrestler they are giving him.

Maia is better everywhere, Shields isn't getting subbed though. Maia UD

I would like Maia to win in a manner acceptable to Dana White and the fans, so that his next fight is for the UFC WW title

ya i think maia at least wins decision. i can't see Jake submitting or "controlling" maia for 3 rounds. but i can see maia doing both to Jake.

I personally cannot stand Shields, nor do i think his JJ is on the same level as Maia's, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see Maia winning this fight, at least not nearly as easily as some of the post here would have you believe.

Shields may be boring but he is beyond proven.

Yes, TS. Anyone who thinks an American can beat a Brazilian in an MMA match with jiu-jitsu is just a big ole dummy.....
MirNog2.gif

Having said that, Gotta go with Maia.

I'm hoping for it, but I'm doubtful. Shields has outstanding grappling guys. I think it is possible we see a Maia v Fitch type domination, but Shields is going to be very hard to sub. Not impossible obviously, Maia is a BJJ stud. But Shields is no can.

Maia is better everywhere, Shields isn't getting subbed though. Maia UD

I agree. Maia will win wherever the fight takes place because he is simply better than Shields in all aspects. Shields is good enough to avoid the sub though. I still hope Maia submits him.

Maia is no Brendan Schaub, but will school Shields in the art of jiu-jitsu.

Nah, I can't see this ending in anything but a dec. Wouldn't be surprised if Shields wins a standup match.

Shields is better in every facet of MMA. Shields will definitely tool Maia mark my words

People keep bringing up Mayhem, but at least he was a black belt. Maia almost got subbed by purple belt Jason MacDonald ffs. He will lose to Shields

Back