Maia will show Shields what real Jiu-Jitsu looks like and finish him via sub in round

Maia is no Brendan Schaub, but will school Shields in the art of jiu-jitsu.

Subs in past 4 years:

Schaub - 1
Maia - 1
Shields - 0

I'd say your logic checks out pretty well.

Edit: Also Jon Jones has 4 subs in the same timeframe, including two over Brazilian Jiujitsu black belts, the only keylock in recent memory, subbed Rampage for the first time in a decade etc. This leads me to conclude he would sub Maia, Schaub and Shields at the same time.

Well, whenever someone fights Jake they also tend to fight he most tentative fight of their career so who knows what will happen

Last edited:
Maia will beat either GSP or Hendricks

if maia ever fights gsp hes getting beat the eff up. fact. better hope k1 jake shields comes in so maia wont have to face the champ.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Stick to the topic.

Subs in past 4 years:

Schaub - 1
Maia - 1
Shields - 0

I'd say your logic checks out pretty well.

Edit: Also Jon Jones has 4 subs in the same timeframe, including two over Brazilian Jiujitsu black belts, the only keylock in recent memory, subbed Rampage for the first time in a decade etc. This leads me to conclude he would sub Maia, Schaub and Shields at the same time.

There are "black belts" and there are black belts...

i agree it's possible maia finishes him by submission, but i think shields' defense is better and maia's more patient than a first round finish.

Machida and Vitor are not legit black belts iyo? I bet Vitor has had his black belch since you were 5 years old.

Nobody doubts the legitimacy of Machida or Belfort on the ground. I must say though, that Vitor's guard has always been overrated to me. He's capable of locking a submission on anybody, but he gets beat up more often than not. He's not great at getting back to his feet either. People sometimes talk like he has Condit's guard, or Nick Diaz's.

Can't wait for Shields to outstrike and outwrestle Maia and not "look good" doing it. I like Shields but honestly thats what he does. lol

Hope do. Shields winning this fight would be a huge blow for the ww division.

But I can see Shields winning a close decision through cage stalling and pitter patter jabs and body kicks.

Cmon Maia dont let that shit happen.

He would if the fight touches the ground... if not, we are going to watch a really sloppy kickboxing match.

I'm predicting Maia to win as well but, I'm actually excited for this fight.

Shields doesn't get much love for his style but, he's better than most give him credit for.

Despite everyone citing the Shields/Mayhem fight, Jake Shields is still an elite grappler.

With that said, Maia will still win this fight.

Wow, pretty much everyone pulling for Maia on this one. I cant wait to come back on this thread after Shields wins a decision and say I told you so.

Firstly, everyone is assuming Maia has the better stand up. I disagree, Shields has OK striking he just looks extremely awkward in the process. After all he took a round from GSP with a good jab, the second point to mention is he went 5 rounds in a championship fight!

I think Shields will be the longer fighter and he will have a sound gameplan. Everytime he gets in the cage he makes it a messy scrap which will work in his favour.

I think Shields does a lot better than most people think and also think he might actually win.

Back