• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Magomed Ankalaev LHW champ 2024

He shouldn't be on any kind of winning streak, that whole thing is still a total joke

But he went to a draw with Jan. If he was vastly superior or everyone it wouldn't have been a draw.
He shelled up his one weakness that he showed in that fight against Jan which was leg kicks as he was checking almost all of them in this fight.

If you check the LHW rankings, its too shallow skills wise for anyone to stop him its inevitable.

Massive respect to Anklaev. He made me a fan of his today. Great performance and what a class act. Did not do a single shoot for takedown. Went straight toe to toe with a much bigger and longer opponent and knocked him out clean.

What impressed me the most was his character. When he punched Johnny while down, he realized he broke Johnny's nose when Johnny flinched and grabbed his nose and you can see Anklaev pulling his punch and then Goddard jumps in. He knew Johnny was done and restrained himself. What a class act.

Having said that, despite becoming a fan of his. I don't think he can take out Alex Pereira. I believe Alex will still knock him out as I don't think he is better than Jiri or Jan. Alex still has way better striking and his takedown defense is improving so I am going to still say Alex.

Last edited:
Massive respect to Anklaev. He made me a fan of his today. Great performance and what a class act. Did not do a single shoot for takedown. Went straight toe to toe with a much bigger and longer opponent and knocked him out clean.

What impressed me the most was his character. When he punched Johnny while down, he realized he broke Johnny's nose when Johnny flinched and grabbed him and you can see Anklaev pulling his punch and then Goddard jumps in. He knew Johnny was done and restrained himself. What a class act.

Having said that, despite becoming a fan of his. I don't think he can take out Alex Pereira. I believe Alex will still knock him out as I don't think he is better than Jiri or Jan. Alex still has way better striking and his takedown defense is improving so I am going to still say Alex.
he would take alex pereira down very easy I would bet my house on it

What impressed me the most was his character. When he punched Johnny while down, he realized he broke Johnny's nose when Johnny flinched and grabbed him and you can see Anklaev pulling his punch and then Goddard jumps in. He knew Johnny was done and restrained himself. What a class act.

If Jiri can take him down, a Dagestani will almost certainly maul Alex very quickly.

If Jiri can take him down, a Dagestani will almost certainly maul Alex very quickly.
Go watch like his last 7 fights. Ank likes to stand and bang and he's going to sleep.

Oh I'm sure he could take down Alex but would he?

If he goes straight for the TD like Jan did, I don't see Alex getting back up. But he's shown a willingness to stand and trade for a while which is a bad idea against an elite striker like Pereira.

But he went to a draw with Jan. If he was vastly superior or everyone it wouldn't have been a draw.

That fight was a show of poor fight IQ/corner advise. He didn't try to wrestle till like halfway through the fight and once he did he was easily winning the rest of the fight. I also think that Ankalaev is improving and Jan has peaked. He's got the best skill set of any LHW in the UFC.

Yeah Ank should be next even if Hill and Izzy are available. Unless the UFC does a mega-surprise for 300 and its Jones for LHW title

We will see. You might very well be right, but I am sticking with my prediction. They said the same thing about Jan, but Alex still won. Alex never ceases to surprise me and I would not doubt him again. My prediction is, Alex still finds a way to win.

Last edited:
I sure hope not. Very unlikable and boring - fuck him.

Back