Media Ankalaev - Johnny Walker won't have a chance to "throw" the fight in the rematch

That is actually silly. Illegal is illegal and should carry the same penalty. Otherwise the rules serve no purpose. Just as eyepokes and groin shots get you just a warning. Everyone should use them by default, at least once. No wonder most people do not consider mma a sport.
Same rules in boxing

I’m trying to be optimistic … but Walker probably gets KOd in a comical, highlight reel fashion..

Still very confused by this stoppage. Would like to revisit and see if more details emerged. I recall thinking the doctor must have been certain that Walker was concussed. Not to mention the rematch couldn’t be cleared until a couple months later.
I thought the doctor was checking walker and asked him if he knows where he is. Walker is staring at the doctor and looking past him at ank, as he thinks fight is about to restart. Doc thinks he's not answering, something is wrong. So he asks again, where are you. Walker takes a moment and says the desert. Doc tells ref, he doesn't know where he is and stops it. That's what I remember.

I thought the doctor was checking walker and asked him if he knows where he is. Walker is staring at the doctor and looking past him at ank, as he thinks fight is about to restart. Doc thinks he's not answering, something is wrong. So he asks again, where are you. Walker takes a moment and says the desert. Doc tells ref, he doesn't know where he is and stops it. That's what I remember.
Yes pretty much. What I meant was that there’s a language barrier and the question asked has multiple answers.
“Where are you right now?”
A) abu dabi
B) dubai
C) yas island
D) the desert

Etc. it felt like a poor choice of question. And he didn’t ask any additional questions either. Then he told the ref the fight is over and Walker tried to keep fighting lol. Dana even ran in there to stop things.

Was amusing at least. If Johnny Walker was faking it, it was pretty elaborate at least lol.

Reactions: HHJ

Johnny Walker - " I am in the Desert. I NEVER LEFT!"

Off topic but Johnny Walker relevant

417438286_766494502168627_196412511214761432_n.jpg
If Ankalaev posted this eveyrone would be in their feelings and have a cry session about it

If Ankalaev posted this eveyrone would be in their feelings and have a cry session about it
How would you know how people would respond to him being anything other than whiny?

I'm a little worried considering he was doing decent until that knee. He had walker hurt with a body shot and had him against the cage(from what I remember) Hopefully walker does better in the rematch and KOs this d bag.

I hope he does something that gets him properly disqualified this time, not just NC:ed.

The sport has no room for cheaty turds like that.

On the other hand, I am a fool for calling this a sport, nevermind. Just bleed!

OH NO HE HIT HIM BUT HIS KNEE WAS DOWN SO I DON'T LIKE THAT
IF HIS KNEE WASN'T DOWN I'D BE ALL LIKE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BUT UNFORTUNATeLY HIS KNEE WAS DOWN SO IM BIG SAD SO NOW I WANT MISTER BIG MEAN BAD CHEATER MAN TO LOOZE

Bunch of actual teacher's pet mentality infants on this board. ITS FIGHTING. THERE ARE NO ACTUAL RULES. No matter what you reply to this post my reply to your reply is "BOO HOO DEAL WITH IT". Thanks for playing.

OH NO HE HIT HIM BUT HIS KNEE WAS DOWN SO I DON'T LIKE THAT
IF HIS KNEE WASN'T DOWN I'D BE ALL LIKE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
BUT UNFORTUNATeLY HIS KNEE WAS DOWN SO IM BIG SAD SO NOW I WANT MISTER BIG MEAN BAD CHEATER MAN TO LOOZE

Bunch of actual teacher's pet mentality infants on this board. ITS FIGHTING. THERE ARE NO ACTUAL RULES. No matter what you reply to this post my reply to your reply is "BOO HOO DEAL WITH IT". Thanks for playing.
There are rules in MMA and they go over them before the fight.

Also, next person that says "BOO HOO DEAL WITH IT" after me is a nancy that wets the bed.

That is actually silly. Illegal is illegal and should carry the same penalty. Otherwise the rules serve no purpose. Just as eyepokes and groin shots get you just a warning. Everyone should use them by default, at least once. No wonder most people do not consider mma a sport.
I don't believe that's how the rules are actually written, it just says if a fighter is 'unable to continue' which includes a doctor stoppage (same reason Aljo tried to win an Emmy and Weidman pretended to not know what day it was, both trying to get the fight called for them instead of calling it themselves).

Now, in practice, could Walker saying he couldn't continue to the ref maybe have changed the ref's decision-making and then declared a DQ instead? Maybe. But that's more fault of human error than rules. Which was already on display that night when this obvious DQ wasn't called

Walker is dangerous striker, but once it goes to later rounds all odds go to Ankalaev.

Ankalaev has KO power as well...

Back