• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Magomed Ankalaev KO Johnny Walker GIFS

The general problem is the greats of the LHW div left before facing any of these guys and the div has to be built up again. I think Jiri,Jan,Rakic,basically the top 5,6 fighters are all very good,but because they never fought the likes of Jones, DC,Rumble etc,the big names,they dont get the same respect. Sure Jan is up there in age but he was till competitive with Poatan. The skills shouldnt be underestimated just because on a first gaze no ones got the big wins from the older generation.
My perspective is actually from watching the fights. Not that those guys haven't shown a lot of heart in fights, it the visuals that get me. They look like a bunch of guys that are good at everything and great at nothing. Even with a minimal ground game, Alex is able to beat these guys. I think the same would go for an MMA grappler that is at the level of Alex's striking- they would beat these guys. Certainly someone could break through at any time, that's the way the sport is; I just haven't seen anyone break out of the pack with these guys, they all look similar.

Its not just the chin that is the problem. He is not good enough a striker to go toe to toe with Ankalev so he had to do alot of spinny shit from the outside to try and get inside,and we saw he could only really do that for a round or so before he got tired and had to fight him normal,and predictably thats when Ankalev had already taken the fight over,and knocked him out pretty easily.
That’s why I didn’t pick Walker. Ankalaev has way better fundamentals. Over a 5 round fight, those are more important, imo.

As long as that fighter doesn’t get caught.

Reactions: HHJ
That’s why I didn’t pick Walker. Ankalaev has way better fundamentals. Over a 5 round fight, those are more important, imo.

As long as that fighter doesn’t get caught.
Well yes he had better fundaments yes,but Walker's offense is more style than substance.

_fyIUE.gif
I will always remember this one. Febuary 2018 I think. Almost 6 years already

I will always remember this one. Febuary 2018 I think. Almost 6 years already
Ankalaev should have tried to kiss him like Yoel did.

That would really have rustled the jimmies in here.

"It was ok when Yoel did it tho."

<{1-11}>

Would rather see that than the rumored Aspinall vs Pereira.
On a regular PPV in normal circumstances, sure. But when trying to scrape together a compelling main event for UFC 300 I think Aspinall is a much more exciting option. Poatan has a chance to become the first ever 3 division champ and Aspinall gets a shot at beating the bogeyman of the UFC and defend his belt rather than sit out or fight someone who we know he will smoke.

I don't think Unkle should be anywhere near the main event of 300. His fights tend to be either boring or a disaster

Pereira fans right now who were praying for Walker to brutally KO Ankalaev:

dissatisfaction-fuck-it.gif
To be honest though the way he seems happy to stand with people these days doesnt seem such a bad style matchup.

On a regular PPV in normal circumstances, sure. But when trying to scrape together a compelling main event for UFC 300 I think Aspinall is a much more exciting option. Poatan has a chance to become the first ever 3 division champ and Aspinall gets a shot at beating the bogeyman of the UFC and defend his belt rather than sit out or fight someone who we know he will smoke.

I don't think Unkle should be anywhere near the main event of 300. His fights tend to be either boring or a disaster
I give Poatan like maybe a 5% chance against Aspinall. I don't like fights that lopsided on paper.

I give Poatan like maybe a 5% chance against Aspinall. I don't like fights that lopsided on paper.
I think better than that personally, Aspinalls defence isnt super watertight and I think technically strong counters can often hit above their weight so to speak.

Well yes he had better fundaments yes,but Walker's offense is more style than substance.
That was the basis for my prediction.

Effective style, over the long haul.

That’s where style becomes effective style.

This fight was neither boring,nor a disaster,and he'd be fighting Poatan.

You are just repeating nonsense you heard from other hatin ass marks.
He finished Walker impressively although he should have been DQ'd last time and he kicked Walker flush in the nuts before finishing him.

He just managed to eek out an uninspiring draw against Jan in a title fight and then spat the dummy after the judges scored it correctly.

He cured insomnia in the Santos fight.

I'm not a fan of watching him fight but I agree that he's the most suitable candidate to fight for the LHW title in normal circumstances. But like Belal, he's not particularly exciting and IMO shouldn't be on UFC 300 if they want it to be an iconic event that is talked about for years to come.

Johnny really needs to fight at HW... He clearly doesnt have a chin at 205 and the weight cut is the reason... Johnny needs to embrace his size and go to HW .. he's still really young no need for weight cuts when your that size...

250lbs Walker is a problem for the HW division IMO .. its now or never TBH...i dont think he can get the strap at 205, this is like his 3rd try to crack the top of the division..

Just heal up, pack on the size and come to HW ...he had no real business at 205 in the first place dudes a thick tree of a man
Don't know how he'll handle the power at HW with that chin of his.

Back