• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Magical Thinking Destroys Fighters

Keep winning and some say you've got the right attitude. Lose and some say it wasn't correct. I don't like all the second guessing post-fight. Perreira proved again he's the better fighter. Simple as that.

That kind of happened with Fedor as well back in Strikeforce days

Jiri has done Ayahuasca half a dozen times and has actively pursued some pretty advanced spiritual practices. So, I would say he's far more advanced into traditional wisdom than you're giving him credit for.

Comparing him to Ferguson and Diego, here is awful, these are guys who get sucked in by woo woo spiritual nonsense.

That's very different from core traditions that actually do have a lot of power in them.

Magical thinking helps more than hurts, you just aren't as aware of the countless cases that aren't publicised in combat sports or athletes in general.
If that's true then I think Jiri is just coming into his own. But the problem is he might not do it in time to become and remain a UFC champ. At least you. An still hone your skills and become a better martial artist, even if he doesn't make the highlight reels.
He should probably get back to his usual style if he wants to get more highlight reels.

Just a practical everyday life hack: If you need to be on drugs to see something, it's probably not real.
More so psychedelics unlock the door to the spirit world / other dimensions which exist outside our common 5 senses.

Most of these old cultures just recognized that there's various layers of reality and figured out ways to pierce the veil. From Egyptians, to India, to natives living in the forests.

Even a mushroom experience will allow a layman who knows little to understand that there's more to the world than meets the eye.

But you're free to believe that every ancient culture since the beginning of human history were deluded.

Unfortunate mentality to have though, couldn't imagine moving through life like this. Atheism in 2024 with that much confidence.

Only one of these magical gimmicks can be real, so he's just chosen the wrong one

Most fighters are religious to some degree. Some fighters become crazy after a life of beatdowns and others are just weird from the beginning.

I tend to think it's a piece of a well rounded puzzle that is life

I think it's mostly when people focus exclusively on having their head in the clouds, without being grounded to the earth that problems happen.

Like most things in life, balance is important.

Many core, older traditions are balanced and focus heavily on a strong foundation, as opposed to how things are taught in modern culture.
Agree on all fronts.

Back