Macron: Secularism has never killed anyone.

secularism is critical for any democratic, free market to thrive. All theocratic countries still around are a failure. Like communism. It doesn't work. Separation of church and state are critical in the development of a nation technologically, scientifically, morally and logically.

Well you could certainly say it's about secularisation with the nation building in Afghanistan against the Taliban and against Islamic State, although obviously there's a lot of other motivations there.
It's also certainly not to say the separation of "church" and state is a bad thing, after all people have also been killed in the name of abolitionism and environmentalism.
It's just strange for the French president in particular to say secularism has never killed anyone in contrast to religion, given the history of his country.
Best guess he's trying to home in on communications chatter in his country to arrest extremists who'd go ape at such a statement. Worst case he's just a finance guy who doesn't know shit.

secularism is critical for any democratic, free market to thrive. All theocratic countries still around are a failure. Like communism. It doesn't work. Separation of church and state are critical in the development of a nation technologically, scientifically, morally and logically.

Are you so certain?

Evolutionary science can explain the validity of genocide, eugenics and all sorts of immoral behavior.

Christianity, even with its flaws, is holding the moral line for humanity in the west.

Its true, both secularism and theism never killed anyone. Other people, animals and nature killed them. Back to basics. Simplify before the walls of "isms" cave in and crush us.

Lol Secularism has never killed anyone.

I don’t think the point he’s making is very hard to understand.

People haven’t been killed in the name of secularism in the sense that people have been killed in the name of Islam or other religions.

That doesn’t mean secularists haven’t killed plenty of people but this certainly has not been done in the NAME of secularism, but based on ideologies like communism (where secularism is usually a part of the package).

pas mal. qui aurait pensé que ce petit mec aurait le courage de dénoncer la barbarie islamique en France. Je suis surpris et impressionné.
C'est un petit mec qui a écrasé la main de Trump, mais bon.

h7ref3twex211.jpg

While I agree with Macron's general sentiment, but his methods are populist, Erdogan-ish, and counter productive.

It's too late for that kind of discourse anyway, your country has been already Islamized, frérot. Best to invest in integration efforts (if such a thing is possible) until your new overlords eventually take charge of Frankistan.

Also, a Dhimmi's life isn't really that bad. Better than a never ending bloodshed.

@Psychedelic

While I agree with Macron's general sentiment, but his methods are populist, Erdogan-ish, and counter productive.

It's too late for that kind of discourse anyway, your country has been already Islamized, frérot. Best to invest in integration efforts (if such a thing is possible) until your new overlords eventually take charge of Frankistan.

Also, a Dhimmi's life isn't really that bad. Better than a never ending bloodshed.

That's an option and the most likely route given French cuckery. But then France's standing in europe becomes questionable, with it essentially serving as a satellite country for the muslim world.

This will lead to further bloodshed in the long run.

If there is a guarantee, it's that the rivers will run red regardless of action. Like you said, its already too late. This isn't condonement or fantasy, just the most logical future given human nature and the history islam.

All i can say is thank God I'm not a european.

I can't ask for a better response. I just hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't eventually cave.

It’s a shit response.

If he had any sense he would go all in with French nationalists and at least have someone on his side.

Instead. He appears to be alienating both nationalists and Islamists and he is all alone in the middle.

He needs to pick a lane.

Last edited:
Holocaust denial shouldn't be a crime. Giving Muslims that mile they would take another. I think its important to keep offending muslims on that point until they get the point. France shouldn't take a step back on their stance. Frankly neither should any other country.
I agree it shouldn't be a crime but you can't have it a crime for one group and not for others. Free speech should be free speech with no caveats. People just need to learn not to be dicks.

Surprised by the amount of appreciation his words are getting

Is safest reply he can give, while keep purposely ignoring the elephant in the room

I like where this is going. Fecalllah taking a loss in the very heart of western culture is a trend I want to see spreading. Fuck Islam and their violence threats.

i have seen you trying real hard to act smart around here but all you got is canned replies and people usually run over you.
dull and not worthy of comment. go your own way cause i don't have enough crayons to talk to you and frankly you aren't that interesting to be worth my while.
You should see the communism threads he got owned in by people who actually escaped those regimes. It was glorious.

Secularism has never killed anyone.

Extremists teach that France should not be respected. They teach that women are not equal to men, that little girls should not have the same rights as little boys.

I tell you very clearly: not with us.

I have seen too many lies, I want to be clear: what we are doing in France is to fight terrorism which is done in the name of Islam, not Islam. It claimed the lives of over 300 of our fellow citizens!

I was made to say: "I support the cartoons humiliating the prophet". I am in favor of people being able to write, think and draw freely in my country. It's a right, it's our freedoms. I understand that it can be shocking, I respect that, but we have to talk about it.

Lol at "secularism never killed anyone", secular regimes have been the most monstrous ones of the last two centuries by far.

That said I think the rest was fine, he's trying to spray some water on the fire while people like Erdogan and Khabib are pouring gas all over it. So hespect for that at least.
Don't confuse secularism with communism. Many atheistic governments like China end up replacing religion with state and leader worship.

Secularism benefits everyone but there are very few countries that implement it with zero bias. France comes closest and should be commended for standing up for freedom.
<KhabibBS>
Even if you erroneously(I would say dishonestly) exclude communism you can look to France itself and see that Revolutionary France was a circus of violence motivated by secular ideals that ended up setting the entire continent on fire. So the very history of Macron's own country proves him wrong.

Back