Macron: Secularism has never killed anyone.

I think some people are being a little too liberal with the meaning of secularism. It simply means the separation of church and state, I fail to see how that has killed anyone.

And before anyone mentions Stalin, that's despotism not secularism. People like that are going to be tyrants regardless of their religious beliefs.

You should look up the history of how exactly the separation of church and state happened in France.
There most certainly were plenty of people killed in the name of secularisation.

Don't confuse secularism with communism. Many atheistic governments like China end up replacing religion with state and leader worship.

Secularism benefits everyone but there are very few countries that implement it with zero bias. France comes closest and should be commended for standing up for freedom.

Secularism has never killed anyone.

Extremists teach that France should not be respected. They teach that women are not equal to men, that little girls should not have the same rights as little boys.

I tell you very clearly: not with us.

I have seen too many lies, I want to be clear: what we are doing in France is to fight terrorism which is done in the name of Islam, not Islam. It claimed the lives of over 300 of our fellow citizens!

I was made to say: "I support the cartoons humiliating the prophet". I am in favor of people being able to write, think and draw freely in my country. It's a right, it's our freedoms. I understand that it can be shocking, I respect that, but we have to talk about it.

Is this why Khabib has all that sand in his vagina?

I mean, has anyone ever claimed a murder in the name of secularism?

I think some people are being a little too liberal with the meaning of secularism. It simply means the separation of church and state, I fail to see how that has killed anyone.

And before anyone mentions Stalin, that's despotism not secularism. People like that are going to be tyrants regardless of their religious beliefs.

They mean to achieve secularism a lot of blood has been spilled.

France is playing a dangerous game according to Poltico EU

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-attacks-religion-secularism-radicalism-blasphemy-islam/

Why is France targeted, over and over again, by violent extremists? Germany, England, Italy and even Denmark — where cartoons of controversial Mohammed were first published — have not seen comparable violence.

The reason is simple: France’s extreme form of secularism and its embrace of blasphemy, which has fueled radicalism among a marginalized minority.

and
The result is a harmful cycle: provocation, counter-provocation, and a society’s descent into hell. As French secularism has become radicalized, the number of jihadist attacks in the country has multiplied.

Last edited:
War France. Firm response from Macron. But things might get ugly

You should look up the history of how exactly the separation of church and state happened in France.
There most certainly were plenty of people killed in the name of secularisation.
That was about the forcible redistribution of silver, gold, land and power. When that happens, people die, regardless of belief system. The church had a lot of wealth and power, the revolutionaries wanted it.

Secularism isn't a belief system that commands anything, rather to just have a separation between church and state; how you do it is up to you. There is no great book of secularism commanding how it needs to be done. The Christian Bible and the Quran, well they have specifics, rules, rewards, and consequences. There is more of a direct line to be drawn between the actions of its followers and the belief system.

lol, I guess that's technically true if we play the slippery game of pointing out that ideas themselves don't kill. But we will just have to forget about all that hot guillotine action during the French revolution or the wars prosecuted by the Republic in the aftermath.

Life in a totalitarian state is pretty hard to call secular in any case. It's being in a constant state of fear and awe, and has a strikingly cultish religious character to it. Western democratic secularism is successful where communist or other dictatorial secularism generally is not (Cuba is probably an exception).
No its quite accurate to call communists secular - not only do they eliminate religion from government they erase to from private life too because it gets in the way of state worship and is subversive.

But anyway - fine, you don't like the mass murdering Secular commies as examples. We'll use your Western democratic secularists as doves.

U.S. Has Killed 20-30 Million People Since World War II alone.

https://nationandstate.com/2019/09/...d-20-to-30-million-people-since-world-war-ii/

Again more than all religion war combined all time.

Do I even have to bring up WW2?

Pretty interesting from Macron

Wasn’t that La Penn candidate all about the tough on Islamic immigration and if they elected Macron they would get rolled by refugees?

No its quite accurate to call communists secular - not only do they eliminate religion from government they erase to from private life too because it gets in the way of state worship and is subversive.

But anyway - fine, you don't like the mass murdering Secular commies as examples. We'll use your Western democratic secularists as doves.

U.S. Has Killed 20-30 Million People Since World War II alone.

https://nationandstate.com/2019/09/...d-20-to-30-million-people-since-world-war-ii/

Again more than all religion war combined all time.

Do I even have to bring up WW2?

But communist aren’t secular as you state, they do everything in their power to remove religion from daily life. Secularism just separates religion from government.

But communist aren’t secular as you state, they do everything in their power to remove religion from daily life. Secularism just separates religion from government.
No it's not "just" Wiki it.

Back