machida oly lifting

Fenderson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
[YT]CkTvxWgMaaM[/YT]

Stumbled upon this on the ask the fighters sub forum. It might of already been posted. Im not sure if theres many fighters who oly lift and it looks like hes fairly new to it.

Anyway its nice to see a fighter lifting and not doing the usual battleropes/bosu ball bs.

The dude next to him is laying there all sprawled out and probably has a boner from watching him.

Ya, he posts videos on Instagram of him lifting. It seems like he's always doing the snatch but cool to see!

Anyway its nice to see a fighter lifting and not doing the usual battleropes/bosu ball bs.

Hitting tires with a hammer, ropes, sled training and the like are clearly more beneficial and dare I say, functional, for MMA athletes than traditional barbell lifting. If it weren't the current fighters with their suboptimal training would be phased out and eventually replaced by otherwise equivalent fighters that have superior training. That this isn't so is first order evidence of the efficacy of what you call bs.

c212ef94d98ce6aafc4188b55260f633.jpg

Well if this was posted in the heavies people would be like. "oh my gawd, he gonna snap his back" "what is he doing" "I can lift more than that" and chit.

Hitting tires with a hammer, ropes, sled training and the like are clearly more beneficial and dare I say, functional, for MMA athletes than traditional barbell lifting. If it weren't the current fighters with their suboptimal training would be phased out and eventually replaced by otherwise equivalent fighters that have superior training. That this isn't so is first order evidence of the efficacy of what you call bs.

wanna back up your claim as to why they are more beneficial, expert?

wanna back up your claim as to why they are more beneficial, expert?
The argument I provided suffices to establish that they are at best negligibly worse than other forms of strength training. As to why they are more beneficial, in light of their heavy use of dynamic movement patterns that resemble actual combat sport maneuvers one would expect them to provide a greater marginal contribution to fighting ability than static and artificial traditional lifting techniques.

Due to a paucity of experimental evidence on this subject, this is however merely a best estimate of the relative efficacy of those S&C regimes, subject to considerable uncertainty.

I was hoping someone was going to come out with this crap. Tell me oh knowledgeable one how hitting a tyre is more functional than getting strong as fuck with a barbell.

The argument I provided suffices to establish that they are at best negligibly worse than other forms of strength training. As to why they are more beneficial, in light of their heavy use of dynamic movement patterns that resemble actual combat sport maneuvers one would expect them to provide a greater marginal contribution to fighting ability than static and artificial traditional lifting techniques.

Due to a paucity of experimental evidence on this subject, this is however merely a best estimate of the relative efficacy of those S&C regimes, subject to considerable uncertainty.

When does a fighter do anything that ressembles the movements of doing battle ropes/bosu ball/sledgehammer in the cage?

You are saying stuff like "dnyamic movement patterns" and fancy words to simply cover up that you are basically saying the ususal "funcional" crap.
This post of yours is completely senseless you haven't explaiend anything you said what every bosu ball supporter says but with nice words this post has no substance at all.
Olympic lifts aren't "dnyamic movement patterns"?
You haven't explained shit.
How the fuck are Olympic lifts or even any lfits at all especially compound lifts "static and artificial"? If you move something it's obviously not static also have you ever heard os isometric training it actually works despite/because of it being static. And artificial? Squatting and deadlifting are some of the most natural movements there are you will see babies squatting and deadlifting to pick things up.
How are battle ropes more natural? maybe if you need an assisting exercise for when you masturbate

MMA is too young/underdeveloped and has too small of a talent pool to necessitate training optimally to win.

That, and S&C is just a piece of the puzzle, and limit strength is a piece of that piece.

Finally, fuck off with battle ropes already.

Let me first say that I don't think barbell training is necessary for a lot of fighters who already have a strength base. With that said, the bold is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while on here - and I even visit the heavies.

MMA is too young/underdeveloped and has too small of a talent pool to necessitate training optimally to win.

Even in boxing very few fighters train properly and many either are oldschool with no weights and tons of roadwork or do crossfit stuff like many MMA fighters.
And on YT I've seen some NFL players doing bosu ball and "functional" training not as an addition or to correct weaknesses but the same way some MMA fighters do it.
Many athletes even in the biggest sports don't train as efficient as they could

Let me first say that I don't think barbell training is necessary for a lot of fighters who already have a strength base. With that said, the bold is one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while on here - and I even visit the heavies.

Understandable, arguments invoking incentive effects and steady state equilibria are often too involved for laymen to comprehend.

Understandable, arguments invoking incentive effects and steady state equilibria are often too involved for laymen to comprehend.

Either actually provide some facts to back up your BS or go away. You haven't actually said anything yet.

I think of all the barbell lifts, oly lifts probably have the most carryover to MMA

Look at all dem fancy werds.

Lol. Dude. Get out of thesaurus.com and provide an argument of substance. You don't impress anyone with your "fancy" words. Especially when your use of them is so obviously awkward and forced. Itus usually a trait of amateur/insecure academics and/or people who don't know what they're talking about....

lol@u people callin them there words fancy. yall be soundin po'

Back