Macee's knee exam

LOL

wtffffff

He somehow tore both his quads and still no-sold it (as best as possible), sitting against the ropes and yelling at the wrestlers and refs. It was a very strange moment, particularly since it followed a very controversial botch (which is why Vince was out there to begin with).

I love all the uneducated douche bags on here including joe Rogan belittling a medical doctor hahaha. Fucking meatheads “he got x ray vision!!? Hurrrr durrrr”

You would think as much as Joe talks about ACL tears that he would be familiar with the concept of a physical exam to check for one.

Not sure why there is so much confusion.

The Dr. Performed an anterior drawer test, "Lachman" test.

This is not only an exceptionally accurate method to diagnose an ACL tear, literally anyone can do it.

Source: my wife is a doctor.

With over the phone instructions I was able to assess a coworker who has been given terrible advice from a "sports therapist" which delayed her MRI and surgery two months...

The real question going forward is what might ACs add procedurally to protect fighters from themselves? As with Thiago Santos, you're now one sprawl away from an alphabet soup tear and meniscus damage.

And Jesus Rogan. For a guy who talks about his ACL tear with every podcast guest, his incredulity to the doctors ability to assess was very strange.

You can see it give and bend laterally here. I'm not sure the punch is what put her down...

joe rogan is dumb.

pls dont @Me his dumber fans

It's not a definitive diagnosis but it's probably good enough for the octagon. That doesn't mean she wasn't hurt though. It did affect how she moved and she screamed a few times.

he's a doctor... so stfu
its like the same guys on here who think they're USADA experts.

obviously her knee was fucked. but she wanted to fight and its no danger to her health... ie she's not taking head trauma. You can always reconstruct an ACL. Conor fought on a torn ACL if i recall.

It's not a definitive diagnosis but it's probably good enough for the octagon. That doesn't mean she wasn't hurt though. It did affect how she moved and she screamed a few times.
Lachman test has a similar specificity as an MRI. If the doctor thinks she has a tear, it's almost certain she does.

i had to jump on to see if sherdog caught joe saying 'what is he, an mri?' we all got a good laugh over that here.
i actually would have preferred 2016 powerful joe -'what a powerful doctor, reminds me when i performed that test on myself w cam hanes. made it all the way back on his shoulders.'

I think what he was most concerned with was that fact that doctors dont usually check the knee.

He mentioned the Santos fight, where both of his knees were practically destroyed yet he continued fighting and no one even checked him out.

So it just struck him as a little odd.

please fix the spelling of maycee's name in the title, i want her to be able to google and find this

I think what he was most concerned with was that fact that doctors dont usually check the knee.
Fighters don't often scream out in pain and limp back to their corners either. I can't think of many instances where there has been really obvious knee injuries other than maybe one fight.

It also has some to do with the training of the doctor and how knowledgeable they are about these sort of injuries.

It's common to see ACL injuries along with meniscal, collateral ligaments, and articular cartilage damage. Not sure what sort of criteria fight doctors use for stopping fights or if there is even any consensus guideline that they follow. You see fights getting stopped for broken arms, hyper-extended joints, foot injuries. Not sure why a knee exam seems so weird.

Fighters don't often scream out in pain and limp back to their corners either. I can't think of many instances where there has been really obvious knee injuries other than maybe one fight.

It also has some to do with the training of the doctor and how knowledgeable they are about these sort of injuries.

It's common to see ACL injuries along with meniscal, collateral ligaments, and articular cartilage damage. Not sure what sort of criteria fight doctors use for stopping fights or if there is even any consensus guideline that they follow. You see fights getting stopped for broken arms, hyper-extended joints, foot injuries. Not sure why a knee exam seems so weird.

Really? When has a fight been stopped for any one of those? A doctor stoppage, not the ring throwing in the towel.

vinny-mac-breaks-his-nuts-o.gif

I still laugh at that double Quad tear from Vince, it is so fucken hilarious. Another great one is Kevin Nash, the dude has so many different quad tears it is amazing.

This is not only an exceptionally accurate method to diagnose an ACL tear, literally anyone can do it.

With over the phone instructions I was able to assess a coworker who has been given terrible advice from a "sports therapist" which delayed her MRI and surgery two months...

The real question going forward is what might ACs add procedurally to protect fighters from themselves? As with Thiago Santos, you're now one sprawl away from an alphabet soup tear and meniscus damage.

And Jesus Rogan. For a guy who talks about his ACL tear with every podcast guest, his incredulity to the doctors ability to assess was very strange.

You can see it give and bend laterally here. I'm not sure the punch is what put her down...

And then Rogan starts preaching gender bias. SMH. Maybe its just that particular Doctor . I've never seen the guy tbh.

I still laugh at that double Quad tear from Vince, it is so fucken hilarious. Another great one is Kevin Nash, the dude has so many different quad tears it is amazing.
Wow is there a story behind that? Power lifting injury or something. That look weird af. Did he just sit there the whole match? haha

Edit: Google came through -

Last edited:

I’ve suffered from acl reconstruction surgery and I would have to say they did the Lachmans wrong

It was kinda the ref that created that weird situation.

He insisted the doc take a look at the knee.

I guess the dude had to do something.

Back