Macee's knee exam

The doctor is secretly Superman and he used his X-Ray vision on her.

I'll be pedantic and say he'd have to upgrade to MRI-vision since an ACL tear is a soft tissue injury. :D

I often envy Joe, because he has the balls to say stuff like this, damn the consequences. The reason I don't do this was demonstrated tonight. Joe has zero idea what he is talking about, and the world knows it. That is why I usually hold my tongue. This test is what orthos and ER docs have been using for decades. EVERYONE who has a reason to know this, knows this already. Only true dummies think they know more than an expert in their field.

Copy of your betting slip Bro. That's how this works. Otherwise you can't say anything. (unless you are 10 and don't have any sense of pride)
I don’t bet, I just said on the forums for weeks that she took Antonina Shevchenko and Andrea Lee’s O’s and that people need to stop acting like Roxy can’t win. You can look back at the Roxy/Barber threads if you want. I’m not lying lol

In fact, if a bet slip is the only valid argument then
<{poor?}>

betting isn’t the only way to support fighters. I’ll take me stating people need to stop sleeping on Roxy is worth a lot more than a random bet. She was an underdog, do you know how often underdogs get bet on even if the person doesn’t believe in them? That doesn’t solve anything. Someone could bet on a dog then claim they had them to win and not just based on odds but in actuality, that’s not how it works.

Again, Me posting that in multiple threads is worth more than betting on a dog

<{UberTS}>

Not sure why there is so much confusion.

The Dr. Performed an anterior drawer test/ "Lachman" test. (as noted below they are different tests, however he doesn't follow exact procedure for either so I lumped them together).

This is not only an exceptionally accurate method to diagnose an ACL tear, literally anyone can do it.
Source: my wife is a doctor.

The real question going forward is what might ACs add procedurally to protect fighters from themselves? As with Thiago Santos, you're now one sprawl away from an alphabet soup tear and meniscus damage.

And Jesus Rogan. For a guy who talks about his ACL tear with every podcast guest, his incredulity to the doctors ability to assess was very strange.

You can see it give and bend laterally here. I'm not sure the punch is what put her down...

Um, yeah. I'd rather go with the doctor's "guess" than some fucking fanboi from mmamania.com

You can't tell that it's a partial tear without an MRI, Doc!

Per TS, this is the Lachman Test

Joe can be hit or miss. He's generally humble, but his massive podcast exposure and eclectic selection of guests sometimes seems to make him think he actually knows more than he does. Usually if called on it he'll probably admit to "likely talking out his ass" but there's no one on the ufc broadcast to call him on it cause it's just not the dialouge that's supposed to happen in the coverage. He just airs too many personal opinions on ufc events i find. Like every single break of any sort of the fighters due to inactivity. "I don't like this" followed by an explanation why he dosen't like this. You don't have to like it Joe, just call it down the middle.

i think the doc just wanted to grop her leg

I guess if the injury is bad enough, the fight is usually stopped by the ref before the doctor has a chance to intervene. Tim Sylvia getting his arm broken, Cantwell vs Al-Hassan, Tate vs Rousey in Strikeforce. There was one dude who broke his leg or fucked up his ankle, dr examined it between rounds, and fight was stopped. I have a feeling if the dr saw Jon Jones' toe in the Sonnen fight, that probably would have been stopped.
Jamie Varner. Unfortunately the doctor's test in that case was stepping on his broken foot.

dude just wanted to feel them thic legs

vinny-mac-breaks-his-nuts-o.gif
Damn. Did he really blow out his knee?

I guess if the injury is bad enough, the fight is usually stopped by the ref before the doctor has a chance to intervene. Tim Sylvia getting his arm broken, Cantwell vs Al-Hassan, Tate vs Rousey in Strikeforce. There was one dude who broke his leg or fucked up his ankle, dr examined it between rounds, and fight was stopped. I have a feeling if the dr saw Jon Jones' toe in the Sonnen fight, that probably would have been stopped.
Jon absolutely would have lost if they saw that toe in between rounds or even during a lull in the action.
Another fighter that comes to mind is Javier Vazquez vs Alberto Crane. Javier blew out his ACL early in the fight going for a takedown. After they returned to the feet any time he put weight on it he just dropped to the ground. To his credit he fought the whole fight to a split decision loss. The only difference, which I found weird, was I don’t remember Javier wincing or showing any pain. He just couldn’t support his weight on the knee AT ALL.

In every second event, Joe sees something that he has never seen before. He is a drama queen.

Anterior drawer and lachman are different tests not that it matters but lachman is better. Basically feeling if there is a good endpoint when translocating the tibia relative to the femur.

he was also doing varus/valgus testing and feeling for crepitus

I cannot believe Barber managed to finish the fight.

I cannot believe Barber managed to finish the fight.

A lot of fighters can with a partial tear... the real monster is fucken Santos vsing Jones, almost beats Jones while having his ACL, MCL, PCL and Minicus tears during the fight and was still able to fucken stand.

Back