Lyoto Machida isn't impressed with Rockhold and warns him: The Dragon spits fire!

Not a chance dude.

Weidman would mop the floor with Rockhold.

Weidman is bigger, stronger, has better wrestling and better standup.

I see a few people say Rockhold would beat Weidman. The only advantage Luke has is his kicking. He's good enough everywhere to make it interesting, but I couldn't see him winning.

Rockhold will defeat Machida. He's going to employ pressure and keep him back with kicks.

Sorry Machida fans, he isn't fighting a fringe top 10 guy here.
At least Machida isn't fighting a washed up Welterweight for his next fight.

Has anybody made a Dylan from Chapelle show joke yet?
We were waiting for you to do it.

Guys, what ever happened to Charlie Sheen (the poster)? He's been gone forever, and I keep forgetting to ask...
He got a new job a few months back, and he said he doesn't have a lot of free time anymore. Also, he got tired of all the trolls on here.

Last edited:
"I'm not impressed with him. Luke is a tough guy, strong, but everyone in the division is so. I have faced tougher guys than him"

Machida keeping it real

two of the most beautiful MMA fighters in the same ring, hopefully some full guard and full mounts, rear nakeds

390x270xLyoto-Machida-Wins-PNG.png.speedilic.ic.ZB8l771z_g.png

20141106033542_1MG_2820.JPG

To be fair, I think it will be too soon for Machida to get another TS IMO

Yeah but you can't compare Machida(especially with a win over Like), who at least has beaten some top 10 MWs to get the shot, to Silva getting the shot totally on legacy and $ despite facing a WW on a 1.5+ year layoff with little to no striking defense.

Even more so if we consider that Machida gave Weidman probably his toughest fight while Anderson never got past the 2nd round.

I think the MW division is excellent right now. I like Belfort, Rockhold, Romero, Jacare and Machida fights, but I have serious doubts as to how anyone could be a legit threat to Weidman right now. He's so sharp everywhere, and only seems to be getting better... I think Jacare is the best shot at beating him, but still a 70/30 fight IMO.

two of the most beautiful MMA fighters in the same ring, hopefully some full guard and full mounts, rear nakeds

390x270xLyoto-Machida-Wins-PNG.png.speedilic.ic.ZB8l771z_g.png

20141106033542_1MG_2820.JPG

UFC should have a Handsome-weight belt and let these two compete for it.

Where does this come from? Machida gets hit just as much, if not more.

Machida strikes absorbed per minute 1.48, Rockhold strikes absorbed per minute 1.86. Those numbers adjusted to a five round fight: ~37 vs. ~47.

I'm not saying Machida is so much better than him there, but that is around a ten strike difference so saying he is getting hit more is pretty inaccurate especially when Machida is facing much better competition and much better strikers.

Machida strikes absorbed per minute 1.48, Rockhold strikes absorbed per minute 1.86. Those numbers adjusted to a five round fight: ~37 vs. ~47.

I'm not saying Machida is so much better than him there, but that is around a ten strike difference so saying he is getting hit more is pretty inaccurate especially when Machida is facing much better competition and much better strikers.

Is that all strikes, significant strikes, or power strikes?

It's not impossible to hit Machida, but it's not exactly a simple, or easy matter either. Hitting him cleanly with significant power, I suspect, is even more difficult.

I recall a stat saying no one had even been able to hit Machida with a power shot up to his match with Rashad Evans.

Is that all strikes, significant strikes, or power strikes?

It's not impossible to hit Machida, but it's not exactly a simple, or easy matter either. Hitting him cleanly with significant power, I suspect, is even more difficult.

I recall a stat saying no one had even been able to hit Machida with a power shot up to his match with Rashad Evans.

That is "significant strikes". Again, it must be taken with a grain of salt, as many strikes considered significant are also hardly what I would call a power shot. Still though, it is the best stat source available as it least it tries to show that difference. An example of the flaws of their stats would be vs. Henderson, where Hendo really only landed 1 punch to the head that was significant, and maybe 2 to the body. However he is credited 20 sig. strikes because of terrible leg kicks when it should be something like 3-5.

Machida is harder to hit than Rockhold, mostly because of his superior footwork and the distance he works at. Rockhold gets hit less than most fighters because of his length more so than anything else.

It definitely could be true that Machida was never hit with a power shot to the head before Shogun in the UFC(it was probably a UFC stat). I've watched every fight of his career and the only fight I can remember him getting him hit with a power shot up to the Rashad fight were against BJ and Greco, but that depends if you consider a leg kick a power shot. In the UFC he was pretty much untouched by any opponent going in to the Shogun fights on the feet.

Last edited:
That is "significant strikes". Again, it must be taken with a grain of salt, as many strikes considered significant are also hardly what I would call a power shot. Still though, it is the best stat source available as it least it tries to show that difference. An example of the flaws of their stats would be vs. Henderson, where Hendo really only landed 1 punch to the head that was significant, and maybe 2 to the body. However he is credited 20 sig. strikes because of terrible leg kicks when it should be something like 3-5.

Machida is harder to hit than Rockhold, mostly because of his superior footwork and the distance he works at. Rockhold gets hit less than most fighters because of his length more so than anything else.

It definitely could be true that Machida was never hit with a power shot to the head before Shogun in the UFC(it was probably a UFC stat). I've watched every fight of his career and the only fight I can remember him getting him hit with a power shot up to the Rashad fight were against BJ and Greco, but that depends if you consider a leg kick a power shot. In the UFC he was pretty much untouched by any opponent going in to the Shogun fights on the feet.
Good post.

Back