Lyoto Machida isn't impressed with Rockhold and warns him: The Dragon spits fire!

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
On April 18, Lyoto Machida can take another big step to return to fight for the title of UFC middleweight. The Dragon faces Luke Rockhold in a fight five rounds in Newark, in the United States, and thinks a victory over American can earn him a new title shot.

"Certainly (can yield a title shot). This was a fight that I had asked, but the UFC asked me to face CB Dollaway first. I think Rockhold's a dangerous guy. Fight well in the standup and has nice kicks, has a good ground game. But I think I have control of the fight in several aspects of the fight: both standing and on the ground. I'm not impressed with him. Luke is a tough guy, strong, but everyone in the division is so. I have faced tougher guys than him, "Machida said in an exclusive interview to TATAME.

The US fighter has three straight wins and is famous for his sharp tongue. Rockhold usually use - a lot - the trash talk. So it was with, for example, Michael Bisping and Vitor Belfort. Lyoto knows he will also suffer from the talk of Rockhold, but ensure he's prepared.

"Look, he has started (the talk) because said he will slay the dragon, right? What he forgot is that the Dragon also spits fire (laughs). But I'm used to it. I've fought many fighters that talked alot. Tito Ortiz talked much, Rampage also talked a lot ... I'm not much the talker guy, i rather go there and do".

http://www.tatame.com.br/lyoto-diz-...rebate-provocacao-o-dragao-tambem-solta-fogo/

lyoto____the_dragon____machida_by_takit0-d2zq42n.jpg

I wonder who machida will face once he disposes of cockhold, since silva is being gifted another title shot.

Is that a sexual term?

Rockhold via length, and front kicks.

I think Rockhold has the style to beat Weidman, but i think he loses to Machida tho. It's sad because i want him fight for the belt.

I think Rockhold's length will give Machida problems. He had trouble striking with Davis because of his reach. I think that length/reach is a key factor in beating Machida. He doesn't really like his opponents to have that advantage because it negates a lot of what he likes to do.

Styles makes fights
Rockhold has a solid wrestling base, an amazing gas tank and is 10x diverse and better striker than Weidman. He outgrapples Weidman as well. And Weidman isn't known for his gas tank.

He can beat Machida, but Machida can outpoint him for 5 rounds. He's too fast and unpredictable.

I think Rockhold has the style to beat Weidman, but i think he loses to Machida tho. It's sad because i want him fight for the belt.

You think wrong. At least you're right about him likely losing to Machida though. Lyoto has said exactly what I've been saying, aside from his kicks and ground game he has little else. His hands aren't even Top 3 in the division. His knees and elbows aren't either. Weidman's footwork is a hell of a lot better than Rockhold's too, so is his striking defense, and Weidman has more power and better timing.

I think Rockhold's length will give Machida problems. He had trouble striking with Davis because of his reach. I think that length/reach is a key factor in beating Machida. He doesn't really like his opponents to have that advantage because it negates a lot of what he likes to do.

He faced a smaller guy in Vitor Belfort and suffered one of the insaniest knockouts ever.

And Machida is the best kicker in the MW division.

It's great that Lyoto is confident. Gonna be a very interesting match-up, though. I think Rockhold takes it, though.

Styles makes fights
Rockhold has a solid wrestling base, an amazing gas tank and is 10x diverse and better striker than Weidman. He outgrapples Weidman as well. And Weidman isn't known for his gas tank.

He can beat Machida, but Machida can outpoint him for 5 rounds. He's too fast and unpredictable.

I just disagree with everything you said. The only thing rockhold is better than weidman at is kicking. Weidman can beat him standing, or take him down, control/gnp him.

Meh.

Rockhold is solid, but Machida is the top of the food chain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back