LW Rankings

I'm all with you. I hate that islam, a dagastani wrestler, gets to fight rda who has been smoked by several wrestlers lately and now we have accept that this is the fight that proves he's legit
I'm tired of seeing this shit. Dawg rda vs woodley. Loser leaves town. That shit would be dope. Islam vs Gillespie or cdf all day.

What about Dariush vs Hernandez rematch? Alex looked good yesterday and maybe Dariush can redeem his earlier loss
Waste of time IMO. Beneil would be like 3/1 favorite against Hernandez.

I think Dariush should be thrown to the wolves. Hernandez is a gatekeeper.

I want Dariush vs Oliveira

If Islam beats RDA in a few weeks he should get #6 rank and Charles #7, because Charles' rank skyrocketed for beating Kevin Lee. And RDA beat Kevin Lee recently so he's a higher level opponent.

Not sure why Paul Felder is still there.

Not counting out RDA but a win would put Islam's win streak at 7 - same as Charles' win streak but against a tougher 7th opponent.

A #6 spot should prevent Hooker from continuing to duck Islam like he has been for the last few years.

Discuss.

View attachment 811658
I tend to agree -- I don't hate Hooker, but the UFC basically rewarded him for blatantly turning down a fight against Islam. They fucked up there in my opinion. I get that Islam isn't their golden goose, but that was a tough one to swallow.

They're a mess, Conor shouldn't be there at all, he has 1 win over Alvarez who currently isn't even ranked at LW. I'm not sure I'd rank Justin above Dustin either, Dustin has more notable wins at LW. It is pretty hard to have accurate rankings in MMA considering how inconsistent records can be, but there's a lot of inconsistencies and blatant favourtism among fighters, if anyone else was in Conors position they would of been dropped due to inactivity.

It seems whoever the former title challenger was automatically gets the number 1 position and I'm not sold on jumping right across the rankings when you have one win over a higher ranked opponent, Justin beating Ferg doesn't take away all of his accomplishments all of a sudden. Justin has maybe 3 wins at LW whilst Ferg has more than double that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back