LW Rankings

He's ranked at WW?
Rankings are a joke. Felder's still ranked despite being retired. Iaquinta's still ranked despite having no fight scheduled or having shown any interest in fighting any time soon and Conor for a guy with one win at LW in coming up on 4 years is ranked third.

If Islam wins against RDA, give him one more opponent in Top 5, or just give him a title shot straight up.
He already has like what, 6 straight wins in a row?
8 straight victories is plenty enough to give someone a title shot straight up. Otherwise, the UFC is disrespecting Islam despite Khabib's wishes.

But I don't want to put Islam too much pressure since too much expectations for fighters to become something else ruins fighters most of the time.
Give him a title shot?
WarmheartedWarlikeGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Looking at the faces of all those ducks makes me rage

RDA isn't even ranked you stupid bastard, Islam shouldn't even be ranked either, he's fought nothing but unranked opponents, now you want him to jump to #6 if he beats a washed up unranked RDA???

Win over unranked RDA will move home to 11th. If he can get 3 top 10 wins in 2021 maybe give him a top 3 guy in 2022

Crazy how Islam will have a more impressive resume than Do Bronx AND hooker if he beats RDA.

Looks like Ackmed isn't so good at Maths if he thinks that Islam beating a washed up RDA would put him as #6.

<{Joewithit}>

Looks like Ackmed isn't so good at Maths if he thinks that Islam beating a washed up RDA would put him as #6.

<{Joewithit}>

Charles Oliveira is at #6 for beating Kevin Lee and CDF is at #8 for beating Pettis.

he was a ww
My point is this. Islam makhachev should fight a ranked lightweight, who's still in his prime and not passed around wrestlers like a joint, to make shit interesting. Make him fight cdf, since the dober fight fell through. I know cdf is old but he's not THAT guy dana white calls for his upcoming wrestlers to throw around. Rda could win, but I'm leaning heavily towards islam by smesh. Worse than the khabib smesh donkey years ago. Rda is a goat but the blueprint is out on how to beat him. It's so unfair. Match him up with someone he won't just simply smesh. An actual lightweight that brings him closer to the title chase too.

Islam shouldn't get a higher ranking off beating RDA imo. RDA is older at this point and was a Welter for years for a reason. However I think Islam vs Olivera is 100% the fight to make.

My point is this. Islam makhachev should fight a ranked lightweight, who's still in his prime and not passed around wrestlers like a joint, to make shit interesting. Make him fight cdf, since the dober fight fell through. I know cdf is old but he's not THAT guy dana white calls for his upcoming wrestlers to throw around. Rda could win, but I'm leaning heavily towards islam by smesh. Worse than the khabib smesh donkey years ago. Rda is a goat but the blueprint is out on how to beat him. It's so unfair. Match him up with someone he won't just simply smesh. An actual lightweight that brings him closer to the title chase too.
I'm all with you. I hate that islam, a dagastani wrestler, gets to fight rda who has been smoked by several wrestlers lately and now we have accept that this is the fight that proves he's legit

islam must be the most unmarketable fighter in the history of the sport. dude is blander than an
omelette without salt

Dominated? Watch the fight again.
Charles picked him apart in the stand up then when Lee got tired of being hit he tried to take him down then Charles slept him.

true lightweight rankings:
1) Khabib
2) Poirier
3) Islam
4) Gaethje
5) Ferg
6) Olivieria

conman only win at lightweight is currently getting KO'ed by randos in ONE. he should cut back to featherweight...and if he dies trying oh well

Islam as #3<TheWire1>

Charles picked him apart in the stand up then when Lee got tired of being hit he tried to take him down then Charles slept him.

Lee took him down earlier in the fight too, before he was tired, and landed some GnP.

Yes Oliveira won but it was competitive, not a domination.

If Islam wins against RDA, give him one more opponent in Top 5, or just give him a title shot straight up.
He already has like what, 6 straight wins in a row?
8 straight victories is plenty enough to give someone a title shot straight up. Otherwise, the UFC is disrespecting Islam despite Khabib's wishes.

But I don't want to put Islam too much pressure since too much expectations for fighters to become something else ruins fighters most of the time.

If Khabib wants we could mail belt directly to Islam, or he can just take it of Khabib and viola. Why bother with fighting.<LikeReally5>

#9 would make sense to me with a win over RDA. Remember that RDA hasn't fought at LW since 2016, his win over Kevin Lee was at WW. And that's his only win in his last 5 fights. It's not that I don't think Islam isn't a great fighter, it's just that beating 36 year-old RDA moving down to LW just isn't a big-time win in 2020. It's hard to justify ranking him high when he still wouldn't have a single W over a ranked fighter.

I'm pretty sure Felder said he isn't actually retired, and I think most people believe he beat Hooker. He deserves his spot in the rankings (assuming he isn't actually retired and takes a fight soon).

Back