LW Rankings

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
If Islam beats RDA in a few weeks he should get #6 rank and Charles #7, because Charles' rank skyrocketed for beating Kevin Lee. And RDA beat Kevin Lee recently so he's a higher level opponent.

Not sure why Paul Felder is still there.

Not counting out RDA but a win would put Islam's win streak at 7 - same as Charles' win streak but against a tougher 7th opponent.

A #6 spot should prevent Hooker from continuing to duck Islam like he has been for the last few years.

Discuss.

20201101_155951.jpg

dana-white-14.jpg

“We’ll see what happens!”

He'll get 9 or 8th I think. I hate to see CDF drop in the rankings, but the UFC doesn't care about him at all, so I expect he'll drop soon.

He'll get 9 or 8th I think. I hate to see CDF drop in the rankings, but the UFC doesn't care about him at all, so I expect he'll drop soon.

Logically he should get 6th though

Is CDF fighting anyone soon?

the lightweight rankings are a mess.

seems they all only fight about once a year at best.

rankings basically mean nothing, just leverage for managers to manipulate match making

you got conor who hasn't fought at lightweight in over two years. Felder who retired. AL who hasn't fought in over a year and doesn't seem interested in fighting soon, Lee who just lost and is injured for who knows how long. They really need to push some of these guys out to make room for the guys like Islam and Dariush.

It doesn't matter what ranking Islam gets, we all know he is #1 after Khabib retired.

Logically he should get 6th though

Is CDF fighting anyone soon?
I'm a big advocate of quality of win matters Oliveira dominated kevin and finished him. Islam needs to be better than "just win"

LW rankings are a mess and need some serious cleaning:

Iaquinta has been a punching bag. He is 1-3 with his only win coming against Lee who is a bum.
Lee should not be ranked at all. He hasn't done anything relevant at LW lately (Gillespie was totally untested)

Conor hasn't won a LW fight in 4 years.

Felder is retired

Arman should be ranked.
Dariush should be higher.

And so on...

Looks about right, he KO'd Gillespie who is top 15.
Gillespie best win is Yancy Medeiros who is not even top 30.
He had his chance against Lee who always falls short and missed it. Back to the line.

you got conor who hasn't fought at lightweight in over two years. Felder who retired. AL who hasn't fought in over a year and doesn't seem interested in fighting soon, Lee who just lost and is injured for who knows how long. They really need to push some of these guys out to make room for the guys like Islam and Dariush.
Dariush is the dark horse of the division IMO. Hopefully he gets a crack against a higher ranked fighter.

I think he would have smoked Charles Oliveira.

Dariush is the dark horse of the division IMO. Hopefully he gets a crack against a higher ranked fighter.

I think he would have smoked Charles Oliveira.

What about Dariush vs Hernandez rematch? Alex looked good yesterday and maybe Dariush can redeem his earlier loss

true lightweight rankings:
1) Khabib
2) Poirier
3) Islam
4) Gaethje
5) Ferg
6) Olivieria

conman only win at lightweight is currently getting KO'ed by randos in ONE. he should cut back to featherweight...and if he dies trying oh well

Back