Luke Thomas with one of the first rational takes on Conor/Nate 2!

I saw Luke Thomas in Manhattan - instantly recognized his face. Didn't say anything.

He's tall as fuck but I bet his dick is embarrassingly tiny.

I saw Luke Thomas in Manhattan - instantly recognized his face. Didn't say anything.

He's tall as fuck but I bet his dick is embarrassingly tiny.
I've never understood Sherdog and its unmatchable love for gay innuendos, it's ridiculous.

He's picking Diaz but thinks it could go either way. He thinks Conor is good at making adjustments after a loss.

How would anyone possibly know that since Conor's only lost 3 times and never rematched the guys he lost to till now?

g13fl.gif

Let me guess:

It's "rational" because he thinks Conor is going to win? lol

d23dfa073eda3797403dd4393895b8c3979e1eb860d31ce539a7339e5439941d_1.gif
Basically. It's Luke taking about how amazing Conor's ground game is and how differently he is going to fight... Nate may too.. He kinda mentioned that in passing.. Hah

I think he isn't biased and tried to look at it from a neutral perspective. He's still following the usual "Conor made mistakes and has to adjust because he could have done much better" narrative, even though he's leaning towards Nayt.
The thing is, the first fight wasn't per se bad for Conor in the sense that he couldn't land and was confronted with something he couldn't adjust to that totaly neutralized his style. Actually he landed everything he has. It wasn't enough and he got beat up.

This 'picking his shots' is a weird way to look at it because if he threw significantly less shots, he would have landed less than Nate in the first round already and would have had even less success.
Basically all the succuess he had with opening that cut and winning exchanges in the first was because of his working rate.
Nate can fight like he fought in those 2 rounds for 10 rounds. Conor only could outland him with an effort that made him gass after 1.5 rounds. I'm just not seeing it.

People complain about supposed Conor nuthuggers, this place is riddled with trolls who only post about Conor losing to Nayt. Just shows how biased this place is.

Nah, just calling it like it is. Conor is a bully, he finally stepped to someone who stood up to him and showed him what a real man is.
Conor is a bully? How do you figure? He weighs in at 145, he's fighting other guys that weigh in at 145. I don't understand.
Sure, if that makes you feel better.

Basically. It's Luke taking about how amazing Conor's ground game is and how differently he is going to fight... Nate may too.. He kinda mentioned that in passing.. Hah
No, not basically at all actually. He said he is leaning towards Nate, he just didn't use any of the dumb statements that all of Conor's haters like to use and is giving Conor credit where credit is due.

He's picking Diaz but thinks it could go either way. He thinks Conor is good at making adjustments after a loss.

we don't actually know if he is good at making adjustments after a loss.

In fact his loss before Nate was a sub, and obviously Nate subbed him. So not too sure where he gets this idea from.

But I do agree with him that it will be a totally different fight. And I also think it's silly for people to assume how this fight will take place because of their first fight.

Btw I'm not sure what Luke's seeing in Conor's ground game.....
He's not as bad as some people think but not sure where he gets that impression from that Conor's a high level grappler, I think that's the attempt to be a more individual and go against the mainstream or something.

You get bullied in high school or something, big boy? The guy is clearly just selling his fights.

Nah, I like Conor actually. But bullying and intimidating fighters is part of his game. Hell the Diaz brothers have done it too. The point was that Conor finally met someone who wasn't afraid of him and someone who he couldn't get in their head.

Btw I'm not sure what Luke's seeing in Conor's ground game.....
He's not as bad as some people think but not sure where he gets that impression from that Conor's a high level grappler, I think that's the attempt to be a more individual and go against the mainstream or something.
The mainstream or "cool" thing to do right now is just bash and hate on Conor, I don't think Luke is trying to go against the grain but I think he is trying to be unbiased and tell it for what it is.

Back