Luke Thomas with one of the first rational takes on Conor/Nate 2!

we don't actually know if he is good at making adjustments after a loss.

In fact his loss before Nate was a sub, and obviously Nate subbed him. So not too sure where he gets this idea from.

But I do agree with him that it will be a totally different fight. And I also think it's silly for people to assume how this fight will take place because of their first fight.
How would anyone possibly know that since Conor's only lost 3 times and never rematched the guys he lost to till now?
Yep, Conor has shown this in all those rematches he's had after loses.
He's analyzing Conor as a person, not necessarily his results. Listen to Conor's interviews and his coaches' interviews about how he trains. Many fighters are afraid to address their weaknesses. Conor isn't.

@Deadbelly "Conor lost by sub, then Nate subbed him, therefore Conor must not have learnt from his loss" is a very simplistic way of looking at things. When you're a kid and first learn not to touch the pan because it's hot, it doesn't mean you won't ever get burnt again.

I never said I was smart nor did I call you dumb but if you're going to try and be sarcastic at least make sure you know how to spell or how to use the correct context of a word lol.

How about I don't. You clearly understood me as did everyone else, nobody gives a fuck about a typo besides petty chumps who think its a burn against someone they disagree with but are too stupid to make a solid argument against the statement they disagree with.

He's analyzing Conor as a person, not necessarily his results. Listen to Conor's interviews and his coaches' interviews about how he trains. Many fighters are afraid to address their weaknesses. Conor isn't.

@Deadbelly "Conor lost by sub, then Nate subbed him, therefore Conor must not have learnt from his loss" is a very simplistic way of looking at things. When you're a kid and first learn not to touch the pan because it's hot, it doesn't mean you won't ever get burnt again.
That's a pretty damn good way of looking at it.

Yea I hear he's great at analyzing people. Jon Jones is actually a really good guy and people who dislike him are just racist, right?

Conor is the same fighter he's always been. Boxer with a big left had and mediocre grappling. I've seen no big adjustments from him, no big improvements. All he's done is added shitty inefficient kicks that almost never land so that he looks cool kicking a candle on embedded.

How about I don't. You clearly understood me as did everyone else, nobody gives a fuck about a typo besides petty chumps who think its a burn against someone they disagree with but are too stupid to make a solid argument against the statement they disagree with.
I could not understand your statement due to your inherent failure to use the correct context of a word HOWEVER if you would like to restate your opinion then I would be more than happy to make a solid argument.

I could not understand your statement due to your inherent failure to use the correct context of a word HOWEVER if you would like to restate your opinion then I would be more than happy to make a solid argument.

If you didn't understand my statement how did you realize I improperly used loses instead of losses you dumb fuck.

Yea I hear he's great at analyzing people. Jon Jones is actually a really good guy and people who dislike him are just racist, right?

Conor is the same fighter he's always been. Boxer with a big left had and mediocre grappling. I've seen no big adjustments from him, no big improvements. All he's done is added shitty inefficient kicks that almost never land so that he looks cool kicking a candle on embedded.
You think fighters make no improvements? lol. I mean I've known that you're notoriously known as a Conor hater for a while but you would think that you would at least try not to show it and at least have an intelligent debate but apparently not.

*hand, not had btw buddeh.

GcPdC7h1tiQl9W2SalNE5L7Mm5HHw_gbealzvsq_phcp

He gave Conor a little too much credit for the sweep. Nate never actually established control following the takedown. It would have been impressive if Nate established control and then got sweeped, but that wasn't the case.

Everything else he said was fair though.

I agree. But that's not what Luke said. He said specifically after a loss. And I don't think is any evidence of that at all.

But I do agree that he seems like the kind of person that would take a loss to heart and try to change things in order to make things right. So much so that he has mentioned that he is now training for specifically a fighter with Nate's capabilities.

So just to go back to the point of the thread. When saying after a loss for which I think there is no evidence, this would make his rational statement about the fight, not very rational.

So I disagree with TS

Diaz is the likely winner but you'd be an idiot to think conor winning is impossible. I'd have him as a -200 underdog and there have been bigger upsets.

It's okay man, I can see that you're a little emotional because t-ferg got embarrassed in the first round... It'll be okay.
On another note Sherdog never gets enough of the gay innuendos, I just don't understand it.

Are you offended? If the purse fits...

You think fighters make no improvements? lol. I mean I've known that you're notoriously known as a Conor hater for a while but you would think that you would at least try not to show it and at least have an intelligent debate but apparently not.

*hand, not had btw buddeh.

Nah I meant had. Conor had a big left when he was fighting midgets but now that he's fighting adults all his hand is good for his tapping.

Why give this guy light of day, he doesnt deserve it one bit, so many good journalists are out there to choose from.

Luke Thomas thinks hes a lot smarter than he is.

Agreed. Luke has embarrassingly bad reasoning sometimes. He also tries very hard to sound smart. But it doesn't mean that he's only capable of spewing utter nonsense 100% of the time....just that he's often blindly committed to certain narratives (up until very recently, he almost always dismissed the Jones criticism as racism). If he's being logical this time, it's an anomaly...or maybe he's turning a new leaf?

I'd love to see a debate between Luke Thomas and Kenny Florian...how quickly that will descend into childishness.

That's a pretty damn good way of looking at it.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that Mcgregor is going to win. He has a small chance in the early rounds, but the longer the fight goes, the more I favor Nate. Nate is going to be even bigger and in better shape with a full camp, that 1-2 that Mcgregor tasted in the second round last fight will be love taps in comparison to what he's going to feel come Aug. 20

Back