LUKE CUMMOS crazY DIET ?

wrestlintitan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Everyones been seeing the crazy shit Luke ate on TUF 2... and i guess it works.

Anyone have info on the diet, recipies or places i can find shit like that ???

It's not crazy, it's intelligent. He avoids high GI carbs and refined sugars. If it comes in a package, he doesn't eat it. He chooses a the most minimally processed food choices as the basis of his diet. Many people eat like he does. I'm surprised more UFC fighters don't have the sort of discipline and strigency with their diet.

Oooh, and avoid sugary condiments. BBQ sauce has the nutritional value of Skittles.

What to eat:
Protein:

* Fish: Salmon, Tuna, Cod
* Eggs
* Chicken breasts
* Cottage cheese
* Milk protien isolates
* Whey-casein blends
* Lean Red Meat

Carbohydrates:

* Vegetables
* Mixed beans
* Low-GI fruits
* Oatmeal/Oat bran
* Mixed-grain bread
* Small amounts of protein-enriched pasta

Fats:

* Flax oil
* EPA/DHA
* Olive oil
* Mixed nuts (no peanuts)
* Fish oil

What not to eat:

Proteins:

* Fatty meats
* Fatty dairy
* Most lunch meat
* Large amounts of milk
* Large amounts of soy

Carbohydrates:

* Regular bread
* Added sugar
* Most cereals
* Soda
* Fruit juice
* Bagels
* Fruit bars
* Candy

Fats:

* Margarine
* Vegetable oil
* Corn oil
* Heated/fried oil

can we maybe get a list of low gi fruits?

Low GI Fruits:

All fresh and dried deciduous fruit i.e. apricots, fresh cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, pears and apples, as well as all berries e.g. strawberries, mulberries, etc.

All citrus fruit i.e. lemons, limes, grapefruit, oranges, naartjies, and unsweetened citrus peel (The more tart/sharp/acid the fruit, the lower the GI)

Kiwi and grapes

Intermediate GI and High GI fruits include melons and tropical fruits (bananas, pineapples, mangos, etc..)

You take the fun out of eating fruits. I refuse to give up my Bananas, Mangos and Cantelope! Now I'm just going to feel bad about eating them.

The McDonalds Fruit Salad has walnuts, apples, grapes, and a little bit of yogurt. Does that meet all the recommendations above? Of course it is packaged too, but I can't imagine it is worse than what's in the supermarket.

dang, so no peanuts? i've been eating bananas+natural peanut butter a lot... so what's the deal with peanuts, high gi?

the headhunter said:
i just want to know why peanuts>other nuts in this kind of diet

i am curious as well.

Personaly I usualy eat Cashues. Are they much better than Peanuts?

Frodo said:
The McDonalds Fruit Salad has walnuts, apples, grapes, and a little bit of yogurt. Does that meet all the recommendations above? Of course it is packaged too, but I can't imagine it is worse than what's in the supermarket.

Why are you eating at McDonald's?

the headhunter said:
i just want to know why peanuts>other nuts in this kind of diet

$$$
Peanuts are way cheaper than Cashews or other nuts.Thats the only reason as far as I know. I prefer cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, etc.

Madmick said:
Why are you eating at McDonald's?
Because I can hardly afford (time or money wise) a healthier place to eat in my area.

Because I can hardly afford (time or money wise) a healthier place to eat in my area.

It's called the grocery store. For about the price of 1 McDonald's salad you can get enough ingredients to keep you in your own salad for a week.

King Kabuki said:
It's called the grocery store. For about the price of 1 McDonald's salad you can get enough ingredients to keep you in your own salad for a week.
Doh! Good idea. Although the local grocery store is pretty far away (being in the city sucks), I'll try it and report back. In any case, is that salad of apples, grapes, walnuts, and yogurt good according to zdrax's post?

j-r00 said:
Low GI Fruits:

All fresh and dried deciduous fruit i.e. apricots, fresh cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, pears and apples, as well as all berries e.g. strawberries, mulberries, etc.

All citrus fruit i.e. lemons, limes, grapefruit, oranges, naartjies, and unsweetened citrus peel (The more tart/sharp/acid the fruit, the lower the GI)

Kiwi and grapes

Intermediate GI and High GI fruits include melons and tropical fruits (bananas, pineapples, mangos, etc..)

FUck, i love banana, mango, and pineapple. DAMNIT

A peanut isn't actually a nut. It is a legume. My guess is that it has a higher glycemic index then nuts.

Most of the low gi diets still encourage you to eat higher gi fruits also because the vitamins, fiber, and low caloric density make up for the gi.

Back