Love Carraway, Including What he Said About Rousey

Saying you'd like to see a woman get the shot beat out of her by a man is ok as long as the woman talked shit first?

What aren't you understanding here? Ronda herself has said she wants to fight Carraway, she didn't just talk shit. She actively wants to fight him. I'd gladly watch him give her what she wants and smash her face in. It's not like I'm saying I want to watch her fight Dillashaw here, I'm just in favor of giving her the fight she wants and seeing the inevitable beating she'd receive.

Nah dude. You're just a scumbag.

Nah dude. You're just an idiot.

What aren't you understanding here? Ronda herself has said she wants to fight Carraway, she didn't just talk shit. She actively wants to fight him. I'd gladly watch him give her what she wants and smash her face in. It's not like I'm saying I want to watch her fight Dillashaw here, I'm just in favor of giving her the fight she wants and seeing the inevitable beating she'd receive.

Nah dude. You're just an idiot.

You want to see a woman get beat up by a man. It's no more complicated than that.

It wouldn't be right to begin with you sick fuck

Fighters who have rolled/sparred with high-level women would tell you that it's a much less disgusting idea that you think. These high-level women would say the same. We're not talking about your mom or sister here.

I'm not saying it will or should happen, but it's by no means a disgusting idea

So you are using an edited reality show to judge someone, and to call them a piece of shit? Which is a clear cut case of fighter bashing.

Does it make you feel better to talk shit about an athlete at the top of their profession?

Grow up.

During which of the numerous episodes in which Ronda displayed behavior that the general public found distasteful both in the media and on TUF has "editing" or "context" made a difference? Please give us examples. Was it when she conjured up outrage after Meisha celebrated her student's win? Or when she initiated a feud with then-champ Meisha (admitting to it, also) and Carraway and then tried to feign victimhood? Perhaps it was when way she repeatedly acted trashy in defeat and victory against Tate, i.e. flipping her off and refusing to shake hands. No, definitely when she called them bitches for backing down in front of a camera from a confrontation and then told Dennis Hallman he was an attention-seeker for doing the exact opposite.

Simply scapegoating a mountain of damning behavior on the fact that a show is edited is even more naive than acting as if reality shows AREN'T edited. It's a very, very weak-minded rebuttal used in pursuit of bias. I don't consign with the level of judgement TS is displaying in saying she's a bad person but the premise is plenty fair.

The issue isn't jealousy nor is it hate - it's a lack of personal responsibility, typified by people who weren't raised with certain values. My generation of 30 and unders seem to be perpetually locked in life and death struggle in accepting the reality that actions have consequences which underscores how immature we are compared to previous ones. So, ironically, you should probably grow up.

During which of the numerous episodes in which Ronda displayed behavior that the general public found distasteful both in the media and on TUF has "editing" or "context" made a difference? Please give us examples. Was it when she conjured up outrage after Meisha celebrated her student's win? Or when she initiated a feud with then-champ Meisha (admitting to it, also) and Carraway and then tried to feign victimhood? Perhaps it was when way she repeatedly acted trashy in defeat and victory against Tate, i.e. flipping her off and refusing to shake hands. No, definitely when she called them bitches for backing down in front of a camera from a confrontation and then told Dennis Hallman he was an attention-seeker for doing the exact opposite.

Simply scapegoating a mountain of damning behavior on the fact that a show is edited is even more naive than acting as if reality shows AREN'T edited. It's a very, very weak-minded rebuttal used in pursuit of bias. I don't consign with the level of judgement TS is displaying in saying she's a bad person but the premise is plenty fair.

The issue isn't jealousy nor is it hate - it's a lack of personal responsibility, typified by people who weren't raised with certain values. My generation of 30 and unders seem to be perpetually locked in life and death struggle in accepting the reality that actions have consequences which underscores how immature we are compared to previous ones. So, ironically, you should probably grow up.

WOW!!! An intelligent person!!!

How would I know? I wasn't there, and neither were either of you. That is my point. Judging someone to the point to calling them a piece of shit based on snippets on a reality show, which is edited in such a way to be as sensational as possible, is exceptionally short sighted.

You have no idea what Tate and/or Carraway did/said to Ronda off camera, and therefore judging her based on what was shown is foolhardy.

Not to mention the fact that you and the TS seem to be judging her based on your own moral code, which you should realize is a fluid thing not only with you but with society as a whole. Notice I haven't said a bad word about Tate or Carraway. I'm simply saying without all the info, judging Ronda is a close-minded, foolish way to act. Once someone adds insults to that they go beyond foolishness into the realm of childish behavior. Hence my comment TS should grow up.

Never mind the blatant disregard for the no fighter bashing rule. Look up the example, and you'll see calling a fighter a POS is a clear cut example of breaking that rule.

Plus, you dumb.

It wouldn't be right to begin with you sick fuck

I hate to use the term white knight referring to a man I have never met, but ah...

Look man, I'm the first guy to jump in if I see a man hitting a woman. That shit isn't cool by any means. But Honda is a professional fighter and a big girl and she called Bryan out repeatedly and when he responded she played the victim role along with her handlers.

Some men like to treat women like children or people with mental disabilities, I swear. "Oh she's a woman. She can't really hurt you." "She doesn't know any better." Honda was acting like a jerk disrespecting Caraway as a fighter and as a man. Bryan should have just laughed it off instead of responding like a douche.

Not to mention the fact that you and the TS seem to be judging her based on your own moral code.

Plus, you dumb.

That's correct, we're expressing our opinions. That's what this board is for.

You want to see a woman get beat up by a man. It's no more complicated than that.

Really? Whatever happened to equality? If you can dish you can take, treating women as retarded children are even more offensive imo.

Really? Whatever happened to equality? If you can dish you can take, treating women as retarded children are even more offensive imo.

I agree. It sounds weird, but the guys who are super offended by the idea of a highly-skilled 135lb woman willingly fighting a highly-skilled 135lb man in a controlled environment with a referee are misogynistic. And the female fighters would tell you this.....

Look up the term "ad hominem," then stop with this manner of discussion. It's pathetic.

Yeah, people wanting to see women beaten up and calling people stupid for concidering it horrible, that on the other hand is all peachy kean.
Seriously, find something more productive to do with your life.

How would I know? I wasn't there, and neither were either of you. That is my point. Judging someone to the point to calling them a piece of shit based on snippets on a reality show, which is edited in such a way to be as sensational as possible, is exceptionally short sighted.

You have no idea what Tate and/or Carraway did/said to Ronda off camera, and therefore judging her based on what was shown is foolhardy.

Not to mention the fact that you and the TS seem to be judging her based on your own moral code, which you should realize is a fluid thing not only with you but with society as a whole. Notice I haven't said a bad word about Tate or Carraway. I'm simply saying without all the info, judging Ronda is a close-minded, foolish way to act. Once someone adds insults to that they go beyond foolishness into the realm of childish behavior. Hence my comment TS should grow up.

Never mind the blatant disregard for the no fighter bashing rule. Look up the example, and you'll see calling a fighter a POS is a clear cut example of breaking that rule.

Plus, you dumb.

She isn't being judged on snippets of anything, she's being judged on a consistency of behavior she has displayed since she's been in the public eye. That isn't being closed minded since I'm certain if she showed consistency of being decent most of this would go away.

And seriously what would be the joy of approaching this game from a strictly logical standpoint? There's nothing wrong with routing for the guy with the white hat and booing the bad guys, even if it's by design.

And nobody dumb here, we just have different opinions.

Back