Lost my dad

sorry for your loss man. I want time to stop so my parents don't get any older, because i cant imagine life without them.

You have my condolences and I lost my dad when I was only six years old. You never foget those you love.

Sorry for your loss man. I cant even fathom what it must be like to lose your father. Let us know if we can do anything. I will be praying for you.

Rip

i wish you and your family well!!!!

thats terrible

im sorry for ur loss

Early last month he was pulling a stock trailer back through a neighboring state, he had brought some cattle to a friend to get the guy started ranching. It was nighttime and a couple of drunken idiots tried to pass and sent him off the road. He died at the scene.

I was planning to move back there last spring - I had worked an agreement to sell my part of my practice and I was in escrow on the ranch next to my dad's place. There were title issues on the place I was buying so I got frustrated and withdrew, even though my family was telling me to stick with it. I can't help but think something might have been different if I'd just stuck it out, I'm absolutely devastated.

My dad - even in his 60's - was the strongest, toughest, hardest-working man you'd ever meet. And while he was all those things, he still managed to be the kindest, happiest, most patient man you'd ever meet.

Rest in peace, Dad, you were one of a kind and the world is darker without you. Love, Jack.

Feeling like you could have done something different is all part of the grieving process. As much as our choices hold power we are not Gods and do not control time nor fate.

I can't promise you everything is going to be alright eventually but this is a moment that will change you drastically forever. How it does so will be down to how you internalize this. It has been just over 3 years since my Father has passed and I feel like I'm just now starting to pull back the clouds.

Judging from how you described him, he would never want you to feel this way and he certainly does live on within you with the way you feel about. His Father lived on through him and now your Father will live on through you.

We honor our parents by living our lives in accordance with the love and compassion they showed us.

Feeling like you could have done something different is all part of the grieving process. As much as our choices hold power we are not Gods and do not control time nor fate.

I can't promise you everything is going to be alright eventually but this is a moment that will change you drastically forever. How it does so will be down to how you internalize this. It has been just over 3 years since my Father has passed and I feel like I'm just now starting to pull back the clouds.

Judging from how you described him, he would never want you to feel this way and he certainly does live on within you with the way you feel about. His Father lived on through him and now your Father will live on through you.

We honor our parents by living our lives in accordance with the love and compassion they showed us.

dam thats deep

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in this difficult time to you and your family

Sorry to hear that bro.

Use this transitionary period in your life to start something new and take a new unexpected, positive turn in your life.

It's the sign of a good father that you want things to be different, to be with him more or to be closer. A father who loves his children is revealed by his children's love.

It's the sign of a good child to carry on this love, as it will be in part his spirit that will continue to touch the world. Thank you for sharing your feelings and love.

This death won't sully his life -- celebrate him and his life. Yours too.

They don't make men like that anymore. Honor his memory by being as great of a man as he was. I have heard that fathers seeing their sons succeed is the most rewarding feeling on earth. Sorry for your loss, idiots out there do not understand how their actions effect others.

I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. You father sounded like a classy man. I'm sure you'll do him proud and honor his memory well.

Sorry brother - its a special bond between a father and son.

Early last month he was pulling a stock trailer back through a neighboring state, he had brought some cattle to a friend to get the guy started ranching. It was nighttime and a couple of drunken idiots tried to pass and sent him off the road. He died at the scene.

I was planning to move back there last spring - I had worked an agreement to sell my part of my practice and I was in escrow on the ranch next to my dad's place. There were title issues on the place I was buying so I got frustrated and withdrew, even though my family was telling me to stick with it. I can't help but think something might have been different if I'd just stuck it out, I'm absolutely devastated.

My dad - even in his 60's - was the strongest, toughest, hardest-working man you'd ever meet. And while he was all those things, he still managed to be the kindest, happiest, most patient man you'd ever meet.

Rest in peace, Dad, you were one of a kind and the world is darker without you. Love, Jack.

That's awful, and it breaks my heart to read something like this. It's a shame that other people's stupidity can rob a great, hard-working person like your dad of his life. Although you feel like it's your fault; it's not. Don't beat yourself up over it. All you can do now is remember the things that made him great and apply them to your life. That light that was lost can return through you.

I wish you and your family the best.

-Kimble

Were the drunken idiots apprehended?

If so, try to avoid the case as much as possible. Every word you hear about it is likely going to leave you feeling frayed.

Back