• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Losing Faith in Pereira ...

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.

You are what is called a bandwagon fan. The worst kind. There's rational fans, and then there's blind fanboys. But the worst ones are the ones who stop liking a fighter when he loses.

Alex was, and still is, the man.
Izzy punked out for the first time by not giving Alex a rematch.
Alex moved to a different weight class. Was Izzy supposed to fight him at LHW and leave the MW division on hold?

I doubt hes losing confidence, probably something lost in translation made him think Smith was talking shit when he actually wasnt.

Anyways idgaf about this beef, just want to see Poatan vs Jiri for the ultimate sacrifice to the JBG

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Wow first Figgy now Poatan...you are dumping all your favorites!

Figgy only beat Moreno 1 out of 4
Poatan only lost to Izzy 1 out of 4

you're dumping your guys whether they win or lose what's up with that

No.

I like Pereira when he was stoic and calm. I'm honestly not a fan of shit-talk.

I was a bit surprised to see him not try to finish Jan ... but understood why he would hold back, given what happened with Izzy.

However, the way he responded to Anthony Smith was weak and lame, IMO.

Didn't think Smith deserved any of that shit. Thought Smith's take on Alex was 100% spot on.

Believe Pereira's response showed insecurity ... that I've never seen before.

Was Alex really wrong about the Anthony Smith comment? About being washed up? I'm not saying he is but the dude clearly carries himself as someone that is on his way out and not like someone who is on a mission. His post fight speech was even more telling of this. Talking about how he's old and how it's not bad that he can still hang with some of these bad mother fuckers in the division. Not to mention talking about how Ryan Spann is physically superior to him and he's been saying it all week and wanting to go home and have a beer instead of calling someone out. Does that not sound like someone who is washed up and has nothing left to give? Alex is just bluntly telling Anthony the truth in my opinion, although it may be harsh and maybe even uncalled for. I'm not saying Anthony deserves it but he should take this as a wake up call instead of as a personal attack.

He pushed in Izzy’s shit three times, there’s nothing he can do at this point to lose me as a fan.

<21>

So wait, alex sucks because he beat a grappler who used the same gameplan on him as he did successfully to beat Izzy?

And now, because he responded to Anthony Smith’s criticism of him, you’re worried? Lol.

mma fans man…

It was really weird. I think deep down he thinks Smith would defeat him.

He moved up and got a W over Jan who's been a top 5 for God knows how long

He is doing just fine

Back