• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Losing Faith in Pereira ...

Disagree.

He could have finished Jan in Round 2 ... but held back,
(Understand, he might be more cautious since getting finished by Izzy for being too reckless ...)

However, his "losing it" over Anthony Smith's honest commentary seemed weak AF to me, totally insecure, and totally unbefitting to his usual persona ...

Something has changed ... IMO

Well why don't you go tell him how you think he's weak AF mate, see what happens.
You are a sherdogger after all...

I have the feeling TS found out some other detail about Alex‘ life he doesnt like at all, moreover he now wants to hate on him because of that, and is now just putting the reaction as reason why he is jumping off the Poatan train and bash him.

This reminds me of the Wand/Arona situation.

Their enmity goes back to when they met and Wanderlei was really mean to him,only for the fact that they were on rival teams. Arona always hated him ever since.

Wanderlei admitted later: I was the asshole in that situation but OH WELL. lmao
I'll give guys like Wand and Alex a violence pass. Be an asshole all you want, just knock a dude out.

I do think Alex/Smith has potential to be a banger, though, and I like the legitimate animosity, even if it's weird that it ever came about in the first place.

Dude took the UFC by storm.

He was the first MW not only to "beat" Adesanya, but to KO him (again), first and only in kickboxing, first and only in MMA.

Okay, on the 4th try, Adesanya FINALLY catches Pereira gets to win (while getting his ass kicked up til that point). No worries, could happen to anyone.

Then ... Pereira has lackluster win over Jan ...ka's
Oy ... credit the "lackluster" part to "elevation + caution."

But, now ???

Pereira is getting "flustered" over something Anthony Smith said, even though it was only analytical and an opinion???

Honestly, Pereira's own confidence seems to be shaking.
His unflappable demeanor was part of his aura, and he seems to be losing it.

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.
Not that he gives two shits ... but he may, because I will likely not be the only fan he loses with this type of conduct.

His response was odd, I'm thinking something was lost in translation and he missed the context, but if not, Smith could have touched on something that he is seriously doubting himself (his size and strength at LHW). He struggled to get by Jan, and arguably Jan could have won that fight without anyone batting an eye or calling robbery. Smith only touched on something very real and accurate that he's doubting in himself and that's why he got so flustered and took it so personally. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense outside of a translation confusion. Smith hittin a nerve.

he's old and was fast-tracked because of his history with the queer one

I think he's just trying to tell Smith he thinks he's a piss ant who's not on his level, so he should sit down. I would have expected you to praise this alpha male play. Stone Golem, I'm disappointed in how easily your faith in Pereira has been shaken.

5zei6q.gif

CLOSE

THREAD.

TS is no fan and never really was.

i think alex was cautious (lackluster if you must) for a few factors:

he wanted to get used to fighting at a new weight
he was facing a former ufc lt.heavy champ
he was anticipating grappling more than when he fought izzy
lt.heavyweight title shot with win over jan was looming- so why try and make a big statement.

Hes still a mysterious violent man.

his coach is glover. who recently beat smith in grappling and knocked his teeth out in mma. they know its an easy win for alex. its all strategy. setting up future winnable fights against top 10 guys.

Sometimes we get Stoic Pereira and other times we get a less Stoic Pereira. I think he is just settling in to his new surroundings and finding out how the game works in the UFC.

I said the exact thing on the thread about the smith/pereira discussion.

What many people liked about him is his stoic behavior, not get involved in unnecessary drama.
And he would actually have a good relationship with guys he fought, show/get respect.

So hopefully this thing with Smith was just a one off and he doesn't start shit talking other fighters.

Dude took the UFC by storm.

He was the first MW not only to "beat" Adesanya, but to KO him (again), first and only in kickboxing, first and only in MMA.

Okay, on the 4th try, Adesanya FINALLY catches Pereira gets to win (while getting his ass kicked up til that point). No worries, could happen to anyone.

Then ... Pereira has lackluster win over Jan ...ka's
Oy ... credit the "lackluster" part to "elevation + caution."

But, now ???

Pereira is getting "flustered" over something Anthony Smith said, even though it was only analytical and an opinion???

Honestly, Pereira's own confidence seems to be shaking.
His unflappable demeanor was part of his aura, and he seems to be losing it.

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.
Not that he gives two shits ... but he may, because I will likely not be the only fan he loses with this type of conduct.
fair weather fan, change your pfp to O'malley right now and fade away

Back