• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Losing Faith in Pereira ...

Dude took the UFC by storm.

He was the first MW not only to "beat" Adesanya, but to KO him (again), first and only in kickboxing, first and only in MMA.

Okay, on the 4th try, Adesanya FINALLY catches Pereira gets to win (while getting his ass kicked up til that point). No worries, could happen to anyone.

Then ... Pereira has lackluster win over Jan ...ka's
Oy ... credit the "lackluster" part to "elevation + caution."

But, now ???

Pereira is getting "flustered" over something Anthony Smith said, even though it was only analytical and an opinion???

Honestly, Pereira's own confidence seems to be shaking.
His unflappable demeanor was part of his aura, and he seems to be losing it.

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.
Not that he gives two shits ... but he may, because I will likely not be the only fan he loses with this type of conduct.

Some of you guys have the loyalty of loose women.

Dude took the UFC by storm.

He was the first MW not only to "beat" Adesanya, but to KO him (again), first and only in kickboxing, first and only in MMA.

Okay, on the 4th try, Adesanya FINALLY catches Pereira gets to win (while getting his ass kicked up til that point). No worries, could happen to anyone.

Then ... Pereira has lackluster win over Jan ...ka's
Oy ... credit the "lackluster" part to "elevation + caution."

But, now ???

Pereira is getting "flustered" over something Anthony Smith said, even though it was only analytical and an opinion???

Honestly, Pereira's own confidence seems to be shaking.
His unflappable demeanor was part of his aura, and he seems to be losing it.

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.
Not that he gives two shits ... but he may, because I will likely not be the only fan he loses with this type of conduct.

Alex fought a former world champion at altitude. Not sure what you are smoking.

I understand him holding back on Jan ... he didn't want to be "too gung-ho" and repeat his previous mistake with Izzy.

But I don't understand him "losing it" over Anthony Smith's reasonable commentary.

I don't think Smith said one single thing wrong. He was being honest.

Pereira's response showed weakness to me. I will not change my position on this.

There's a language barrier. He likely assumed he's going in on him.

Yeah he totally could’ve finished it in round 2 as he was close, but I understand his approach to this fight because of all the risks Jan possesses

He didn't want to rush in and get caught, or get taken down.
He played it smart, and this dude thinks he should've rushed into a wounded lion.

Last edited:
I understand him holding back on Jan ... he didn't want to be "too gung-ho" and repeat his previous mistake with Izzy.

But I don't understand him "losing it" over Anthony Smith's reasonable commentary.

Pereira's response showed weakness to me. I will not change my position on this.

In theory Smith ripped into him in his Bisping podcast, then later made the comment.

Nobody cares if you change your position on this, but you're a fair weather fan and it shows.
This isn't boxing, these dudes have many ways to lose.

MMA fans are by far the worst, not only abandon their favorites in loss, but also in victory, or because they don’t approve of their reaction…?
<DisgustingHHH>

Your MO on here is starting weekly threads criticizing fighters while asserting that Pereira is the most technical, stone-handed, handsome, stoic and comedically understated fighter on the roster.

The consistency of your sherdog persona has been admirable, and I don't want to see it crumbling now after all the great moments you've given us.

Alex is lucky than Jan came into that fight with the conditioning of an 80 year old with stage 4 lung cancer.

Must suck to be Alex, his fans jump off his bandwagon as soon as he shows any type of human reaction.

I don't think the Anthony Smith conflict will have any bearing on how he'll perform in the future.

Given Pereira's age, he might not compete much longer but he's already captured the MW title at breakneck speed and has a great chance of clipping Jiri for the vacant LHW belt. I get the inclination that when it's all said and done, he'll be known for reaching the greatest heights during a relatively short career in MMA.

Hello esteemed poster (EP) and topic starter (TS)

I remember when the growing sport of Power Slap's historical first champion Ayjay "Static" Hintz began losing himself.

To make easy, I begin liking other combattant and cheering for them instead.

Just friendly advice, my UFC friend! May the whole roster become your oyster!

nkpophappy (1).png
#kickboksen #toobadpeanutbutter #belikewater

Back