• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Losing Faith in Pereira ...

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude took the UFC by storm.

He was the first MW not only to "beat" Adesanya, but to KO him (again), first and only in kickboxing, first and only in MMA.

Okay, on the 4th try, Adesanya FINALLY catches Pereira gets to win (while getting his ass kicked up til that point). No worries, could happen to anyone.

Then ... Pereira has lackluster win over Jan ...ka's
Oy ... credit the "lackluster" part to "elevation + caution."

But, now ???

Pereira is getting "flustered" over something Anthony Smith said, even though it was only analytical and an opinion???

Honestly, Pereira's own confidence seems to be shaking.
His unflappable demeanor was part of his aura, and he seems to be losing it.

If this continues, especially if he loses, he will have lost a big fan.
Not that he gives two shits ... but he may, because I will likely not be the only fan he loses with this type of conduct.

Words and emotions are just that, I wouldn't put any stock into it. Alex looked lackluster because he fought a bigger man who's good, it's that simple. I mean, Izzy did lose to that same man after all, so.

Last edited:
you're ridiculous.

At least you spelled "you're" right in this context.

Unfortunately, I think I am right.

I have the feeling Pereira is unraveling ...

Losing poise and composure is not a good sign.

5zei6q.gif

I don’t think that Pereira is to blame for that kinda lackluster fight.
Jan has the ability to give everyone a hard night at the office and neutralize their strengths

Disagree.

He could have finished Jan in Round 2 ... but held back,
(Understand, he might be more cautious since getting finished by Izzy for being too reckless ...)

However, his "losing it" over Anthony Smith's honest commentary seemed weak AF to me, totally insecure, and totally unbefitting to his usual persona ...

Something has changed ... IMO

Disagree.

He could have finished Jan in Round 2 ... but held back,
(Understand, he might be more cautious since getting finished by Izzy for being too reckless ...)

His "losing it" over Anthony Smith seemed weak AF to me, totally insecure, and totally unbefitting to his usual persona ...

Something has changed ... IMO
Yeah he totally could’ve finished it in round 2 as he was close, but I understand his approach to this fight because of all the risks Jan possesses

Pereira is 36 now... and he has been in a bunch of wars between kickboxing and mma... that said I also feel like Jan is slowing down at 40... its hard to believe that Alex is going to be UFC LHW champ unless they let him fight a striker and then it's ko or be koed

Yeah he totally could’ve finished it in round 2 as he was close, but I understand his approach to this fight because of all the risks Jan possesses

I understand him holding back on Jan ... he didn't want to be "too gung-ho" and repeat his previous mistake with Izzy.

But I don't understand him "losing it" over Anthony Smith's reasonable commentary.

I don't think Smith said one single thing wrong. He was being honest.

Pereira's response showed weakness to me. I will not change my position on this.

Back