Lorenzo Fertitta Says Conor McGregor is Like The Irish Muhammad Ali

Yes, but what he's really implying is GOAT would beat Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and Tyson...in the same night

Damn how could i be so blind? After all , Conors cardio is easily better than all those 12 round fighters combined.

Outside of MMA nobody cares or even knows who Connor is

It's really embarrassing/cringe-inducing seeing those within MMA having to fall back on a rival sport - one that they've spent over a dozen years promoting themselves at the expense of - to draw comparisons and make referencing points to in order to help promote their product. Really not a good look for the long proclaimed "fastest growing sport in the world."

It's really embarrassing/cringe-inducing seeing those within MMA having to fall back on a rival sport - one that they've spent over a dozen years promoting themselves at the expense of - to draw comparisons and make referencing points to in order to help promote their product. Really not a good look for the long proclaimed "fastest growing sport in the world."

c466c19be5fa786ef80d1bd8de1eb409.jpg

He always reminds me of Mickey from the movie Snatch.

Do ye like daggs? xD

Outside of MMA nobody cares or even knows who Connor is

GQ, mens health, ESPN.

Lets not get started on all the non MMA interviews and activities hes already been involved in... Morning shows / night shows ect.

This man Conor isnt even my favorite fighter though i respect his skills and gift of gab. Its just , seeing so much hate for the guy is funny.

Conor has the it factor and there is no denying it. He's a talker and for some reason we love all his bullshit. In that he is like Ali.

Will he be as great as Ali only time will tell. I don't think he will.

As long as Conor is undefeated in the UFC and he's getting the kind of attention he's getting he's a cash cow prize for the UFC when he gets that title shot. If he wins he will make far more money than Aldo ever did in a short period of time. And he will blow open the doors for Ireland generating huge dollars from the Irish people. And maybe all of Europe.

The upside to Conor having the chance to increase UFC revenue in Europe is enormous. So they protect him, they give him more media time than any other fighter, and they position him against yet another striker before he goes to fight Aldo in the next fight.

And I say good luck to him. He made the Featherweight division really fun again.

I think he's going to destroy Siver in the first round just like he said. In under two minutes.

One last thing. I love a finisher in MMA. They are my favorite fighters. Conor destroys people the way Anderson Silva used to in his prime. That's what I want to see. I want to see killers unafraid of facing other killers and taking them out one by one. I want to see fearless fucking warriors standing alone with a pile of skulls at their feet.

Muhammad Ali was at one point argubly the most well known person on the planet. You could ask your mom, dad, great grandma, step uncle, cousin who Muhammad Ali is and they'll likely know. Conar...not so much.

It must be the Irish genetics since Muhammad Ali's maternal Grandfather was Irish.

banner-ali-goes-to-ennis_0-320x180.png

[YT]YIBWHkXPF7g[/YT]

Last edited:
Lorenzo is right i think.

Conor bless.

Muhammad Ali was at one point argubly the most well known person on the planet. You could ask your mom, dad, great grandma, step uncle, cousin who Muhammad Ali is and they'll likely know. Conar...not so much.

I don't know, Rogan told me the entire country of Ireland was shutdown for his fight.

Now this is the ufc's main issue. They have a bad habit of pushing things too quick.

Example. Edgar/Maynard was a great natural trilogy that just happened. Now they try to re-create/plan an epic trilogy with hendricks/lawler. Ridicilous.

Now lorenzo compares Conor to Ali. Nothing in the UFC can be bigger than Ali was/is. Period.

and trying to re-make the magic of griffin-bonnar was a similar miscalculation that didn't help either fighter move forward in a marketable way.

This is incredible overhyped thing and I don't know why. Maybe the irish backgroud.

Back