Lorenzo Fertitta Says Conor McGregor is Like The Irish Muhammad Ali

3/4 of the people who enter this thread won't read the full quote, and will just comment on the headline

How is Lorenzo actually wrong? It's not like he's drawing a direct comparison between Conor McGregor and Ali, but rather is pointing out the similarities he sees between the two. If you disagree with his assessments, why not point them out and provide your reasoning for doing so instead of just googling a reactionary gif as some kind of a blanket statement?

"Conor hasn't done nearly enough to be even mentioned in the same sentence with Ali!" is a stance that way too many people seem to hold in a literal sense. Dumb as shit.

A better comparison would be to Diego Maradonna, since UFC is going to be bigger than soccer worldwide.

I don't think TS actually read that quote.

He's saying he's similar to Ali in terms that he's always the center of attention, he's always the guy in the room that everybody pays attention to, he's really clever with his talking, he's an amazing fighter and athlete, and the fact he's already a big star with only 4 (soon 5) fights is crazy. Nobody has really been able to market themselves THAT well. Chael may be the only other guy but his was all written & rehearsed, with Conor, it's the real deal. Like Ali, Conor is getting TONS of attention. He isn't in the media all the time for no reason.

He's not saying that he literally is as famous as Ali or some shit. No way will Conor have an impact like Ali did, nobody ever will. Ali is probably one of the most famous people that ever lived. You didn't even have to be a fan of boxing but you knew who Muhammad Ali was. That's not what he's saying about Conor.

What Lorenzo said is easily understandable, but unfortunately, people are going to take it the wrong way and act like Lorenzo is literally saying he is just like Ali when really, he didn't say that at all.

It amazes me at how people can't understand such simple things like this, lol.

Quoting for dumb people.

Lorenzo obviously took care of Jones' stash.

He will be greater than Ali. He'll even be greater than Gandhi.

Why stop there. Maybe he will be bigger than Jesus and in a thousand years holy wars will be fought over interpretations of his awful chest/neck tattoo.

How dares he to compare Ali to the greatest GOAT of all time?? Disgusting

Conor drops Ali all day whenever he wants.

McGregor has better movement that ALI could of dreamed of having never mind all other martial arts he trains.

Connor is more comparable to Jonel Alibio (currently ranked 95th Lightweight boxer) than anything really.
Actually he's got a way to go to get to Alibio's level still. I'm sure Mr. Alibio could draw a crowd too if given relentless hype and media exposure.
Anyhow, Connor should not be used in the same sentence as Ali (yes I've read the whole post) ever...just saying.

B1Shgi7CAAAjE6j.jpg

The hate is real with sherdog.

He didnt say he could beat up Ali or that he was the same.
He compared their gift of gab and how they both draw attention to themselves effortlessly.

Id hope to think the posting population here is 16 years old and younger, then again its unlikely.

kcbQ2sS.gif

Conor has never been dropped like ali has,wont end up brain damaged either

I dont remember ALI predicting the round either so Conor is greater

Huh? The whole predicting the round thing was Alis thing from the start. Conor stole it from mr Ali. In fact Conor shamelessly steals alot of quotes from Ali.

The hate is real with sherdog.

He didnt say he could beat up Ali or that he was the same.
He compared their gift of gab and how they both draw attention to themselves effortlessly.

Id hope to think the posting population here is 16 years old and younger, then again its unlikely.

kcbQ2sS.gif

Yes, but what he's really implying is GOAT would beat Ali, Frazier, Foreman, and Tyson...in the same night

Back