Lorenzo Fertitta Says Conor McGregor is Like The Irish Muhammad Ali

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
- Lorenzo Fertitta recently spoke about the impact that Conor McGregor has had since joining the UFC. Here is what he had to say

Comment from Lorenzo is accurate.

Crazy overhyping... Of Ali.

I don't think TS actually read that quote.

He's saying he's similar to Ali in terms that he's always the center of attention, he's always the guy in the room that everybody pays attention to, he's really clever with his talking, he's an amazing fighter and athlete, and the fact he's already a big star with only 4 (soon 5) fights is crazy. Nobody has really been able to market themselves THAT well. Chael may be the only other guy but his was all written & rehearsed, with Conor, it's the real deal. Like Ali, Conor is getting TONS of attention. He isn't in the media all the time for no reason.

He's not saying that he literally is as famous as Ali or some shit. No way will Conor have an impact like Ali did, nobody ever will. Ali is probably one of the most famous people that ever lived. You didn't even have to be a fan of boxing but you knew who Muhammad Ali was. That's not what he's saying about Conor.

What Lorenzo said is easily understandable, but unfortunately, people are going to take it the wrong way and act like Lorenzo is literally saying he is just like Ali when really, he didn't say that at all.

It amazes me at how people can't understand such simple things like this, lol.

Last edited:
WAY too early to even begin making any comparisons.

Yes, he generates a ton of interest & hype, and he certainly has the gift of gab.

But he really has not faced the top level competition yet to be drawing comparisons to Ali.

If he beats guys in the top 5 and beats the champ, then he will substantiate some of that hype.

clearly on coke too

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Lorenzo knows talent when he sees it. He did hire Dana White after all.

the irish muhammad ali

what an honor for the former boxer

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Now this is the ufc's main issue. They have a bad habit of pushing things too quick.

Example. Edgar/Maynard was a great natural trilogy that just happened. Now they try to re-create/plan an epic trilogy with hendricks/lawler. Ridicilous.

Now lorenzo compares Conor to Ali. Nothing in the UFC can be bigger than Ali was/is. Period.

about as accurate as DW calling phillipe novar the lightweight anderson silva hahahaha

Well good for Ali... I'm almost 100% sure he feels honored being compared to Conor.....

Conor has never been dropped like ali has,wont end up brain damaged either

I dont remember ALI predicting the round either so Conor is greater

RJJ could talk better shit than Conor and his skill was more dynamic. An actual champion too, over and over.

Conor should kiss the feet of Ali, Tyson, Fedor, Silva, Let alone be actually compared in any way.

Lorenzo meant to say "Mcgregor is our irish Sonnen that stikes, he has a whole country behind him, and a whole bunch of sheep we propaganized in the states"

Back