Lords of the Fallen

DoMeFavors

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Gameplay 2:00 mark...

Last edited:
This game sucks. You can beat most enemies by circling to their right. Also, they've copied almost everything from Dark Souls except the combat, which feels like you're fighting in quicksand.

You fucking brilliant son of a bitch .

im getting this for ps4 as well.

The camera made me sell this game. Enter in a corridor and the camera gets crazy and you see nothing.

Since corridors are 90% of the game, fuck it.

giphy.gif

This is the worst piece of shit I've ever placed in my Playstation, and I own Battlefield Hardline. At the second boss, he doesn't take damage when you hit him, your swing speed is shit, and you get ganked. I repent for every bad thing I ever said about From Soft because they're Godly compared to this steaming log of dog shit.

Really looking forward to this game. Kind of flying under the radar with Dragon Age, Shadows of Mordor, and The Witcher all coming out in a pretty tight window.

Bump for this game not being fit to suck the turds out of a homeless man's asshole

Really looking forward to this game. Kind of flying under the radar with Dragon Age, Shadows of Mordor, and The Witcher all coming out in a pretty tight window.

I think it's because Bloodbourne stole it's thunder...those other 3 rpg's add something different...Lords of the Fallen looks like a dark souls clone...I guess people feel of they will get a dark souls type game, they might as well wait for Bloodbourne...

I think it's because Bloodbourne stole it's thunder...those other 3 rpg's add something different...Lords of the Fallen looks like a dark souls clone...I guess people feel of they will get a dark souls type game, they might as well wait for Bloodbourne...

I'm an RPG nut, so I plan on playing through all of them. Even though I'll pump tons of hours into each game probably going to rent Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, and The Witcher through Gamefly and plan on buying Lords of the Fallen. I like supporting the smaller developers and figure the other 3 will get tons of sales.

I will be buying Bloodbourne, but I don't even think there is a release window at this point.

I'm an RPG nut, so I plan on playing through all of them. Even though I'll pump tons of hours into each game probably going to rent Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, and The Witcher through Gamefly and plan on buying Lords of the Fallen. I like supporting the smaller developers and figure the other 3 will get tons of sales.

I will be buying Bloodbourne, but I don't even think there is a release window at this point.

Damn your not gonna buy W3 or DA:I?

My biggest issue with this game is around half way they make you God Mode...they make you so powerful that it takes away the challenge of the game...

Just rent on Gamefly initially, but knowing me and my RPG needs I'll probably option out and buy if there is just to much content, which I'm guessing there will be.

I pay about $22 a month for the 2 game plan on Gamefly, so if I think a game will take me longer than 3 months to finish up I'll buy it since that roughly equals the price of a new game. Works great for shorter games that I can burn through in a few weeks. Games like The Evil Within and Alien Isolation will be perfect for a rental.

Broke the disc and threw it in the garbage. Good thing it was only 15 bucks.

Reminder, this games drops in a few days. Pretty pumped for it. Thinking this will probably be my last serious weekend in Destiny until the DLC drops and will be switching my focus to Lords of the Fallen next week. Unless I don't get it from Gamefly, but the queue is empty and typically get new games on launch day if there is nothing else in the queue.

I just can't help but feel this game is a Souls clone for people that can't handle the difficulty.

From the wiki:
Both Lords of the Fallen and Dark Souls have a realistic combat system, but Lords of the Fallen differentiates itself by not punishing the player for making mistakes. The game uses many save points to make sure the player doesn't lose too much progress.

That in conjunction with a clear narrative basically show that they are cloning the souls series while addressing the minority complaints about them. Could still make for a good game but with Bloodborne coming out a few months later I'll gladly wait for that instead.

I just can't help but feel this game is a Souls clone for people that can't handle the difficulty.

From the wiki:

That in conjunction with a clear narrative basically show that they are cloning the souls series while addressing the minority complaints about them. Could still make for a good game but with Bloodborne coming out a few months later I'll gladly wait for that instead.

I'm okay with that, I'm just starving for an RPG on the PS4. Played through Bound by Flame a few times. I'm just glad it has a big gap between it's launch and Bloodbourne, since that will likely take all of my time once it releases.

Bought the game again and beat that shit forsaken boss. Only to be thrust into another boss battle.

Just got my email conformation from Gamefly this morning saying this was shipped. Should either have tomorrow/Wednesday. Really looking forward to some RPG action this weekend.

Anyone else picking this up?

Bought the game again and beat that shit forsaken boss. Only to be thrust into another boss battle.

So is this an endorsement now? IIRC discus throwing was how you started your DS2 love affair as well.

I preordered through steam myself. VaatiVidya one of my favorite video makers of the souls series calls it "clunky souls." As a Souls fan I'm very excited because this puts even more pressure on From to make a great product and not go soft on features or quality now that they have some competition in the industry. The game reviewed well and from the creators has a lot of challenge bosses to sate the hardcore gamers interests. Some of it is optional but Souls does the same thing. Demon Souls had black world content, DLC content in the first game, Dark Lurker and DLC content in the second game.

To be fair I passed on Mordor, I don't like the Witcher series, and I'm on the fence about Dragon Age because quite frankly no matter what Bioware accomplished before they were acquired by EA, I don't trust EA as a company and mass effect 3 was already a huge disgrace.

So is this an endorsement now? IIRC discus throwing was how you started your DS2 love affair as well.

I'm plum out of stuff to play, and watching FightinCowboy play this on YouTube kind of made me want to give it a chance. His endgame/ng+ character was an absolute beast. I beat the 3rd boss. It was tricky but it's the closest thing I have to a Souls game that I haven't played to exhaustion. I hung up Ds2 after my battlemage got banned from pvp :-(

I'm plum out of stuff to play, and watching FightinCowboy play this on YouTube kind of made me want to give it a chance. His endgame/ng+ character was an absolute beast. I beat the 3rd boss. It was tricky but it's the closest thing I have to a Souls game that I haven't played to exhaustion. I hung up Ds2 after my battlemage got banned from pvp :-(

I'm watching my new favourite Bloodborne streamer... lvl 4, no armour, no gun and deathless. He's hilarious and does ridiculous challenge runs. Tolomeor.

Soooo I just got to the second boss (Commander). That dude seems to have a ton of HP and I can only get a couple of shots per window (when he lets his guard down).

That gauntlet thing seems to have little effect over him too.

I mean I guess I got the dude figured out but it sure takes patience to beat these bosses.

i think the game is pretty good start, there next game sounds like its gonna be amazing .

This snuck up on me. I'll be interested to see what some of the Souls guys like Victor Maitland, sgt. jumpy, and vorpalraddish think. Nothing Vaati or ENB has said has really swayed me one way or the other.

I'm watching my new favourite Bloodborne streamer... lvl 4, no armour, no gun and deathless. He's hilarious and does ridiculous challenge runs. Tolomeor.

I've watched him before. He is pretty funny. Has some content on YouTube as well.

From the wiki:

Havent played either game, but as a general philosophy I hate having to repeat entire sections for a mistake at the end. Starting over an entire boss fight? Ok, I get that. But nothing makes a game stale faster than repetition. So I have no problem with copious auto saves for the most part.

I've watched him before. He is pretty funny. Has some content on YouTube as well.

I've only watched a few streams now but he's legit nuts, and very good at the game. To be able to clear the chalice dungeons several times at lvl 4 with different stipulations is crazy to me. He's found strategies for bosses that I would never have considered.

Sorry for the thread derail. ;)

Havent played either game, but as a general philosophy I hate having to repeat entire sections for a mistake at the end. Starting over an entire boss fight? Ok, I get that. But nothing makes a game stale faster than repetition. So I have no problem with copious auto saves for the most part.

The save system seems to be more forgiving here.

I'm enjoying the game a LOT more than Dark Souls. It clearly takes more than a couple pages from it, but pretty much everything has been improved.

So I'm basically backed into a corner at this point. The game decides to spawn the first boss in the same arena as the third boss, and respawns him after you kill him, along with 3 other op enemies. Cheap as fuck. All I wanted was My Axe. And now I can't progress in the game. If I could shit down the developers throats, I would.

Was hoping this would be in the mail today, was really bummed when it wasn't. Was hoping to get a little bit of playtime in this week and dive in fully this weekend.

How is the control scheme? Might end up doing some remote play on the Vita, what does L2/L3/R2/R3 do? Since those buttons simulated to the rear touch pad, anything that needs quick response to those buttons is really awkward. Destiny did a really good job with remote play, but games like Bound by Flame were almost unplayable because the reliance of those buttons.

So I'm basically backed into a corner at this point. The game decides to spawn the first boss in the same arena as the third boss, and respawns him after you kill him, along with 3 other op enemies. Cheap as fuck. All I wanted was My Axe. And now I can't progress in the game. If I could shit down the developers throats, I would.

im watching the "this is how you dont play" of dsp's playthrough on you tube and man its pretty great

Was hoping this would be in the mail today, was really bummed when it wasn't. Was hoping to get a little bit of playtime in this week and dive in fully this weekend.

How is the control scheme? Might end up doing some remote play on the Vita, what does L2/L3/R2/R3 do? Since those buttons simulated to the rear touch pad, anything that needs quick response to those buttons is really awkward. Destiny did a really good job with remote play, but games like Bound by Flame were almost unplayable because the reliance of those buttons.

Not sure, I'm playing it on PC with M+K. It's actually playable (very much so!) this way, unlike the mess that was the DS port.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back