Lords of the Fallen

Made it to the 3rd boss I think, The dude in the graveyard. Not sure what I'm supposed to do. Got him down to the 3/4 health, then he does this move where he kneels down and the floor lights up in different spots, then the floor explods and one shots me. The first time I was kind of close to a blast and died, second time I had tons of space and was blocking and still died. Had to turn it off before I could try a 3rd time.

I wish you could recover from rolls faster. Going with a heavy build and if I roll out of the way, but the time I get back up and can attack the enemy has already recovered and usually out of range. Find myself blocking much more since the recovery is a lot faster. There are these enemies that look like the first boss and just turtle up and have this crazy fast stagger kick into a stab move that takes off like half your life. These guys are a huge pain in the ass, hoping I get some better tools to take these guy down later.

lemme know what you think pl0x. If memory serves, you've plugged a lot of time into Souls.

Depends on "a lot." I have 110 hrs logged in DS2. I'd have waaay more if I wasn't engaged.

In any case I'm a souls fanboy so will report when I play it.

Find this pretty enjoyable. It reminds me of Space Marine. Everything's chunky. Satisfying thuds and clunks everywhere, with lots of sparks and shit. Feels good

im gonna go ahead and order this tomorrow afternoon. A lot of people appear to be having a lot of fun with it on Twitch and im hearing enough decent things about it

Made it to the 3rd boss I think, The dude in the graveyard. Not sure what I'm supposed to do. Got him down to the 3/4 health, then he does this move where he kneels down and the floor lights up in different spots, then the floor explods and one shots me. The first time I was kind of close to a blast and died, second time I had tons of space and was blocking and still died. Had to turn it off before I could try a 3rd time.

I was having some trouble with him as well. Here's what I did...

1. Equip light armor, your best shield, and preferably a small axe or a shortsword. Nothing too heavy because you're gonna need speed.

2. Keep close to him until he swings his scythe (he'll do a "720" with it), move just slightly out of his range when he does so, and as soon as his second attack has passed you by, move in quickly and try a heavy + quick attack combo with your axe or sword, then immediately roll back otherwise he'll stun you.

3. Keep doing that until he covers the whole graveyard with that blue light and prepares to blow everything up. When he prepares this attack, go to one of those archways scattered through the edges of the graveyard, you'll be safe there, don't even have to block the blast. They're safe havens.

4. If possible try to get him to use his stun attack near these archways; they'll be destroyed, but he also will be stunned for a very long time and you'll be able to get several shots on him.

5. When he summons a couple of golems, you can run to each of their "eggs" before they hatch and run + jump at them, they'll be destroyed.

I was having some trouble with him as well. Here's what I did...

1. Equip light armor, your best shield, and preferably a small axe or a shortsword. Nothing too heavy because you're gonna need speed.

2. Keep close to him until he swings his scythe (he'll do a "720" with it), move just slightly out of his range when he does so, and as soon as his second attack has passed you by, move in quickly and try a heavy + quick attack combo with your axe or sword, then immediately roll back otherwise he'll stun you.

3. Keep doing that until he covers the whole graveyard with that blue light and prepares to blow everything up. When he prepares this attack, go to one of those archways scattered through the edges of the graveyard, you'll be safe there, don't even have to block the blast. They're safe havens.

4. If possible try to get him to use his stun attack near these archways; they'll be destroyed, but he also will be stunned for a very long time and you'll be able to get several shots on him.

5. When he summons a couple of golems, you can run to each of their "eggs" before they hatch and run + jump at them, they'll be destroyed.

Cool, thanks for this. I don't remember the terrain much, but my next go I was going to look for some high ground to stand on to get away from the explosions.

Does equiping light armor speed up roll recovery? I have a 1h axe that I love but currently wearing heavy armor. The recovery time to get up from a roll to attack is super long and usually by the time I get back up the enemy is either out of range or recovered from his attack and have their shield in my face again.

I don't have much experience in the other stances either, been mostly running the warrior stance. The cleric stance seems to have some REALLY slow attack recovery. In the warrior stance I can recover from an attack and almost immediatly block, but with the cleric stance there is almost a second of delay before I can bring up the shiled. Thinking on some enemies I could turtly up and wear them down, but I ate so much damage after attacks I gave up on it. Wondering if I used a club if it would be a different story.

Cool, thanks for this. I don't remember the terrain much, but my next go I was going to look for some high ground to stand on to get away from the explosions.

Does equiping light armor speed up roll recovery? I have a 1h axe that I love but currently wearing heavy armor. The recovery time to get up from a roll to attack is super long and usually by the time I get back up the enemy is either out of range or recovered from his attack and have their shield in my face again.

I don't have much experience in the other stances either, been mostly running the warrior stance. The cleric stance seems to have some REALLY slow attack recovery. In the warrior stance I can recover from an attack and almost immediatly block, but with the cleric stance there is almost a second of delay before I can bring up the shiled. Thinking on some enemies I could turtly up and wear them down, but I ate so much damage after attacks I gave up on it. Wondering if I used a club if it would be a different story.

There's no high ground in that area that can save you, the archways are the only places that are not affected by the explosion

Dunno about energy recovery, but being lights helps with your attack speed, which is important here because otherwise the boss will stun and hit you after you land a couple of shots. You need to go in, hit him twice, and move out

Sooooooooo it's dark souls?

The "inspiration" is undeniable, even the gameplay mechanic of getting one chance to retrieve dropped "souls" (XP, in this case) after you die.

But IMO, it's far more polished

I'm a dark souls/ Dark 2 fanatic.

I am thoroughly enjoying this game.

I kind of disagree. Souls spends less time hyper-pixelating individual mob encounters and the floor (seriously, lol) and more time on making unbelieveable environment backdrops/landscapes. Dark souls gives you a scope of how insignificant you are with their landscapes and makes the game feel so much more epic because of it. To me this is far better graphically than trying to throw as many pixels into my opponents over designed foot armor...

For example this:
itjQwd079yV0E.jpg

Or:
8670347906_2219b4cef0_z.jpg

or:
3282742-1399128453.jpg

Dark souls does an amazing job with the "What the hell have I gotten myself into now" moments with it's revealing of landscapes. Just my opinion.

I agree with you.
Lords of the Fallen has technically more advances graphics, but Dark Souls art direction is much more creative and way superior fron what Ive seen. It actually managd to break new visual ground in the somwhat stagnant fantasy genre.

Same with Demon Souls, although I feel DS2 was a bit too much of a straight copy from DS1 setting-wise (still logged 120h into it though...dat pvp!)

This is only for the new generation, right? No ps3/360?

I kind of disagree. Souls spends less time hyper-pixelating individual mob encounters and the floor (seriously, lol) and more time on making unbelieveable environment backdrops/landscapes. Dark souls gives you a scope of how insignificant you are with their landscapes and makes the game feel so much more epic because of it. To me this is far better graphically than trying to throw as many pixels into my opponents over designed foot armor...

level design trumps performance. fallen has better technology, but a poor art style, whereas souls more than makes up for it with its world theme and detail.

Word. The first spider I ran into I wasn't even close to ready. Walked down some stairs and saw it and while trying to figure out how I wanted to fight it, it jumped at me and cleared the gap of the whole room. Knocked me down and chewed on me for a bit and took half my health. Got up and tried to run for the stairs but lost my bearings a bit and he took me out in a few more attacks.

Going down again expecting him I was able to take him out, but he still took a good chunk of my health.

Back