• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for old PS1 fighting game.

star-wars-masters-of-teras-kasi-europe-playstation_1526517542.jpg

I used to have dark forces on windows 98 son

220px-Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg

I nostalgia'd and lost all over this thread.
- former Official US Playstation Magazine subscriber

How much did new PS1 games cost?
$50 when it first launched and games still came in those giant boxes. Later on, single disc games were typically $40. FF7 was still $50 a year after it came out.

October 98 had the best demo disc. A playable version of Japanese MGS and playable demo of Soul Reaver over a year before it was actually released.
They have a bunch of them up on Archive.org: https://archive.org/search.php?query=official us playstation magazine

That sounds pretty great. I don't remember a single disc in particular (though I'm pretty sure I still have them all) but I do remember playing Ace Combat 2 and Future Cop LAPD on demo disc exclusively lol.

Also played that MGS demo probably 10,000x.

October 98 had the best demo disc. A playable version of Japanese MGS and playable demo of Soul Reaver over a year before it was actually released.
They have a bunch of them up on Archive.org: https://archive.org/search.php?query=official us playstation magazine

This was the first one I had! Got it with the console for Christmas many moons ago.

Playable demos:
▪ Einhänder
▪ Gex: Enter the Gecko
▪ Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Played the shit out of Klonoa, and then Tomba! later when it came out.

These archives are fantastic, thank you for this.

This was the first one I had! Got it with the console for Christmas many moons ago.

Playable demos:
▪ Einhänder
▪ Gex: Enter the Gecko
▪ Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Played the shit out of Klonoa, and then Tomba! later when it came out.

These archives are fantastic, thank you for this.
Yeah they've got all kinds of Gamepro, EGM, Next Generation, Nintendo Power, etc stuff on there too.

Back