• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for old PS1 fighting game.

600067.jpg

7994_front.jpg
Loved tenchu! Played them all the way to the ps2 version I think was the last one.

They weren't perfect but the gameplay made you feel like a real ninja and not just a guy who can fight.

Loved tenchu! Played them all the way to the ps2 version I think was the last one.

They weren't perfect but the gameplay made you feel like a real ninja and not just a guy who can fight.

tenchu had some really cool stages and missions, and music.

the new game coming out - ghosts of tsushima or whatever looks really good for that style.

There is no skill involved playing this game. You just mash buttons and kick bot ass. It was fun AF.
Hell yeah I loved playing that game. Now I'd like to play again. Are they still making games like this? Just simple best the crap out of bad guys with random objects games?

Before TS figured it out, I was going to suggest Evil Zone. Did anyone ever play this? I only ever had the demo.

psx-764-11311974984.jpg

Bloody roar was amazing

I remember having Bloody Roar 2 and playing that quite a bit.

Don't think I ever got my hands on Bloody Roar 1.

Just looking right now and both are available on PSN for $6.

Looks like some of the critics sort of shat on Bloody Roar 2, but I remember it being a strong fighter at the time with a decent combo system.

What about star gladiator?

I never played Star Gladiator but I played the shit of out the sequel, Plasma Sword, on DreamCast. In fact it is sitting in my DreamCast right now(that or Shenmue).

soundtrack for battle arena toshiden was pretty awesome too.. popped that baby on my portable cd player and played that shit a bunch of times.

SEPHIROTH. His sword was called masamune
i hate to say it but i was just young enough that ff7 was cutting edge when it came out and i never had the balls to finish the story because i was too invested in all the characters as that shit progressed. my FF game that fully embraced was tactics

Every generic 90s-2000s game ever. Strongman, cool white dude, hot girls... Just like Streets of Rage 2.

Fighting force was actually in development as streets of rage 4

I distinctly remember how it felt when i got my first little PSX 'hacking' tool. A little device you plugged into that random port on the back of the psx. Something similar to the xplorer/xploder pictured below:

xplorer-shoppinglist.jpg

xplorer-setup.jpg

It enabled me to play the bootleg games you could buy in south east Asian countries, or even sometimes down at the local fleamarket stalls. It also had all these cool cheat and tricks inbuilt somehow and you could also buy books which let you activate more stuff for all the games! So good! I guess i was a pirate from way back when. Funnily enough, i pay for all PPV's now and have all the usual subscriptions (prime, netflix, spotify, etc) despite it being infinitely easier to cheat nowadays.

Yeah man my buddy had that I think. I don't remember all the cheats or anything like that but I do remember playing the hell out of that Dragonball GT game as crappy as it was. Good times.

That port is also used by the PSIO (basically a PS1 Everdrive).

Speakin of PS1, big ups to anyone who can remember the game where, in the commercial, the friends turn their buddy into a chicken with some laser gun or such and another one where they make a mom think she sees her son getting hit by a car. I wanna search for those on YT

Battle arena toshinden was awesome. I only had the demo disk though.

It had some guy who looked like Ryu with longer hair and a sword....and an old dude called Foe.

The demo disk also had ESPN extreme games which so fun at the time
52032-ESPN_Extreme_Games_(E)-1490277962.png
I miss the old days of buying PSX magazines for the demo discs. 2Xtreme was fun.

anyone get down with

intelligent qube
s-l600.jpg

einhander
220px-Einhander.JPG

fear effect 1
519dn7nfPsL.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOO fear effect was the shit! part 2 was aight...they were supposed to make a third (fear effect: inferno) but got canned at the last minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back