looking for a place to train in D.C.

jayyon39

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hey guys...I am living in northwest d.c. for the fall and winter, and was wondering if anyone knew of any place that had good jiu-jitsu, sambo, or submission grappling. I have searched online for tons of time, and there is only one place within an hour radius, at it wanted 20$ for a trial class and 140 a month for 2 classes a week, 1.5 hour long. I have access to a really nice wrestling room that is basically open to anyone. If you live in the area and are interested in training, shoot me a pm, or if you know of any place or anyone to contact that is cheap, let me know. I appreciate it a lot.

There are several good jiu jitsu places in the DC area. I train and teach at the Yamasaki Academy. We have 4 locations in the DC area including one in DC with metro access. Our website is www.grappling.com

Lloyd Irvin's school is also very good. http://www.lloydirvin.com/

Both academies have several black belts, excellent instruction and successful competition teams.

There are at least 4 or 5 other academies in the DC area and some of the guys who train at those places also post on this board. In my experience, all of the DC area BJJ academies I have visited are fun places. You just need to check out a few and find which is the best fit for you.

jayyon39, if you have any questions about the Yamasaki program, feel free to send me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back