Looking back at Goldberg

I was glad he left and then Bellator signed him. I would like him to go to another sport.
mike-goldberg-nfl-2.jpg

No you wouldn’t

His mistakes were always funny and lightened the mood. Paul Felder sounds even more goofy and cringe at times and it's worse because he's a fighter.

Watching back old fights on fight pass you realise how bad he was

Goldie is the GOAT. I'm being serious here I often find myself imagining how we would pronounce some of the newer names. "Soukhamtath" is one. I'd give anything to hear Goldie try to say that under the pressure of a live event

So just curious on what everyones thoughts are now that there has been some time since Goldberg got let go as commentator.
I remember at the time being slightly upset and alot of other people being even more upset to the point of anger but was this entirely based upon nostalgia alone?
These last few months the ufc has uploaded alot of free fights and wow the stuff that came out of Goldbergs mouth was so idiotic at times its mindblowing. I think that every other commentator that has been up there since has done a significantly better job. Rewatching Rousey vs Holm was cringy af hearing Rogan say "Ronda's looking tired now mike" after getting outclassed by Holly all round and you hear Goldy coming in with "its tiring being a superstar!" No u idiot its tiring when u are missing every strike u throw while not being able to land a takedown.
Ive heard alot more god awful lines from him lately while watching replays and im just curious on what the sherdog concensus is in 2019.
If someone asked me today who I'd rather hear commentating, Anik or Goldberg, I'd say Goldberg before they even finished the sentence.

Goldberg >>>> Anik in terms of keeping me interested. Anik is awful.

Watching back old fights on fight pass you realise how bad he was
Watching fights today I see how terrible Anik is and how much I'd prefer Goldberg and all the stupid shit he said in a heartbeat

If there's one decision I was happy with from WME, it was letting him go.

The commentary is far better without him. His replacements actually have fought and know the sport. Good riddance.

Watching fights today I see how terrible Anik is and how much I'd prefer Goldberg and all the stupid shit he said in a heartbeat

He starts sentences and they just end without ever going any where, in the middle of the action too, some fuckers getting knocked out and hes talking about how they used to be in the Navy or some irrelevant shit

I fall asleep listening to Cruz.

I miss goldberg's 'isms' or Rogan getting frusturated with his nonsense. Or during a lull in the fight (and there can be many) he would entertain through stupidity.

I miss it. I want them to reform goldberg/rogan.

It's not what he says, it's the delivery. I don't give a damn if he was correct 100% of the time or accurate. Who the hell cares? That's what made Goatberg the best. That's what made Mauro so likeable at Pride in the day.

This stiff they have now, Anik. I just pretend he's not there.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone prefers Fitzgerald or Anik. Those guys have zero redeeming qualities.

I could listen to Goldy and all his stupid shit any day over these clowns.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone prefers Fitzgerald or Anik. Those guys have zero redeeming qualities.

I could listen to Goldy and all his stupid shit any day over these clowns.

Because they take their job seriously, know what they are watching and don't say stupid shit every broadcast?

I miss his catchphrases for sure.

"Everything else, nearly identical"
"And here we GO!"
"And it is all over!!"
"Right Joe, but what I meant was..."

Personally I think Joe is the worst, he is biased, says the same shit all the time and I hate the way Joe claims like he knows what's happening, "he's got it"-doesnt have it, "he hit him on the chin" - missed him complety, "he threw a nice knee there" - it was a kick. Then he starts saying what the fighter who's losing should start doing to stop losing like he's coached 20 world champs…"he's gotta do this… or he's gotta do that" in the hope that they do something and his co-commentators have to praise him for his outstanding knowledge…
But I am pretty sure him and Dana are butt buddies so I don't think he will go the same way as Goldie anytime soon…

Goldberg was the sound of the UFC. That's gone now. Anik and the other PBP guys are awful and boring with zero personality and no voice to go along with it.

Goldberg and Mauro might say stupid shit but they keep the action exciting.

Besides if you're a Sherdogger and you need the PBP commentator to explain shit to you, you're an idiot.

His fight commentary was extremely annoying but it's impossible not to feel for the guy. He got involved in the sport in 1997, WAY before most people had ever heard of it and I'm sure he took a lot of shit for it too. And you could tell he loved his job. But still I can't say that I miss him at all.
Yeah i have no ill will towards him at all as a person. I had great memories watching him commentate. I just noticed with time away from him how often he would say really dumb thing. But I by no means hate the guy

Back