Looking back at Goldberg

His fight commentary was extremely annoying but it's impossible not to feel for the guy. He got involved in the sport in 1997, WAY before most people had ever heard of it and I'm sure he took a lot of shit for it too. And you could tell he loved his job. But still I can't say that I miss him at all.

Last edited:
Anik is better at the job, but Goldy was family.

Goldy was the Micheal Jordon of fight commentary.

He wasn't good. I grew to like him despite that.
Yes.

I was ok with replacing him with someone better,but they didnt do that. They just got rid of him just to do it,and actually boosted Bellator by them getting him.

Goldberg had excitement that was unmatched. He made every fight feel like it was a must see event.

Rogan/Goldberg remain my favorite combo.

I thought id miss him when I heard about his departure.

Turns out I havent even given thought to the fact he isnt there anymore.

I kinda liked his energy, it was a good combination with Rogan's more technical comments.

Rogan has become a bit lazier as of late, I think, sometimes I feel like I'm listening to the commentary from the UFC games where he barely says anything and its always vague stuff like "oh, he hurt him", "that was a powerful shot" and stuff like that.

Just to ilustrate:

IT IS ALL FOVER!

It's so fucking funny looking back at Goldberg's commentating. Initially I was upset about him being replaced, but now I see how the new caster team makes people take MMA more seriously with their more analytical approach.

He was part of the experience for me, I was so used to hearing: “IT IS ALL OVER”, and his promos and overall schtick, actually found him pretty decent as a voice for UFC.
Still miss Goldie to this day.

He wasn't really that good but he was the voice of MMA when I found the sport so I'll always rate him.

I still enjoy hearing him in Bellator. Anik took a while to grow on me but now I like his commentary.

Goldberg says some off the wall stuff. I find it pretty funny. His 'It takes a lot of work being a superstar' comment was insightful. Rousey was spending more time being a superstar than in training. Rogan responded incorrectly.

Last edited:
I still miss him.
I'm nostalgic for Rogan-Goldie.

Rewatching Rousey vs Holm was cringy af hearing Rogan say "Ronda's looking tired now mike" after getting outclassed by Holly all round and you hear Goldy coming in with "its tiring being a superstar!" No u idiot its tiring when u are missing every strike u throw while not being able to land a takedown.

I always thought he meant living the Hollywood life instead of training to defend your belt. Holly didn't have the luxury of filming movies and just trained for the win. I think we can agree Ronda didn't take it as seriously as she should have.

So just curious on what everyones thoughts are now that there has been some time since Goldberg got let go as commentator.
I remember at the time being slightly upset and alot of other people being even more upset to the point of anger but was this entirely based upon nostalgia alone?
These last few months the ufc has uploaded alot of free fights and wow the stuff that came out of Goldbergs mouth was so idiotic at times its mindblowing. I think that every other commentator that has been up there since has done a significantly better job. Rewatching Rousey vs Holm was cringy af hearing Rogan say "Ronda's looking tired now mike" after getting outclassed by Holly all round and you hear Goldy coming in with "its tiring being a superstar!" No u idiot its tiring when u are missing every strike u throw while not being able to land a takedown.
Ive heard alot more god awful lines from him lately while watching replays and im just curious on what the sherdog concensus is in 2019.

While trying to explain while Matt Hughes has such devastating ground and pound:

"You know Joe, when Matt Hughes and his brother Mark were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

Rogan: Ooooh he's about to finish him!
- he made his professional debut back in 1993 joe..

Quite honestly, I've never enjoyed the UFC commentary quite as much as when Rogan and Goldie we're together. There was something about their chemistry and about Rogans technical analysis and Goldies goofiness that just worked so well and always got me so hyped for the fights.

I was glad he left and then Bellator signed him. I would like him to go to another sport.

i was iffy at first, not a big fan of change

but in hindsight, it was the right thing to do

Back