Look at these Dimwits on Youtube Saying Roy Nelson got Robbed Against Lewis

giphy.webp

control is not offense unless it leads to offense.
Although I agree in principle that's what fighters should be working for, that's just wrong. Control is effective grappling, so it is a primary scoring factor.

Not a robbery either way, but Nelson has a better than fine case for a win.

Although I agree in principle that's what fighters should be working for, that's just wrong. Control is effective grappling, so it is a primary scoring factor.

Not a robbery either way, but Nelson has a better than fine case for a win.
Effective grappling leads to striking and or dangerous sub attempts. That's literally all that distinguishes it as effective and not stalling. This is MMA, not collegiate wrestling.

Neither guys mounted any significant offence. But Roy controlled the entire fight. Imo he won handily.
If you're in a fight with someone who's going to knock you out the second you stop hugging them, you're not in control! lmfao.

If you're in a fight with someone who's going to knock you out the second you stop hugging them, you're not in control! lmfao.
It's a mixed martial arts bout with scoring criteria and rules, not a street fight where rules literally don't apply.

It mostly just sounds like you're upset due to your lack of understanding MMA scoring criteria.

It's a mixed martial arts bout with scoring criteria and rules, not a street fight where rules literally don't apply.
Scoring criteria based on attacking your opponent, not "controlling" them. Like I said, this is not collegiate wrestling.

It mostly just sounds like you're upset due to your lack of understanding MMA scoring criteria.
Then why did Lewis win?

Back