Look at these Dimwits on Youtube Saying Roy Nelson got Robbed Against Lewis

Also Derrick Pewlis has been involved in Multiple stinkfests.

Close (shitty) fight where almost nothing happened. Lewis landed a crazy haymaker. I remember being pleasantly surprised when Lewis got the nod.

You realise control is offence. If you are getting controlled for the entirety of the fight you lost that fight.

Sorry but BB did absolutely nothing that fight and it was a robbery.
control is not offense unless it leads to offense. if you control someone without attacking, then you're playing defense, not offense. And btw, in case you're blind, BB was smashing Roy Nelson's head in.

I remember Roy laying on BB and gassing. Beast actually put Roy in trouble multiple times and had three times the significant strikes. Well earned victory.

Black Beast Bless.

No thanks.

If I'm gonna read shitty comments, I prefer to get it from Sherdog.
b7770cdbf49b3712e3f3795c97df536b_w200.gif

At least we took the time to find the site and create an account to say our thoughts. A lot of the people on YouTube probably randomly stumbled upon an MMA video and can just spout any shit they want without having much investment in the sport.
Exactly this.
Not only is it much more likely that someone who's on a forum like this is more attracted to MMA and thus more knowledgeable as a result, but when you are on a forum like this for longer, there's a learning effect too.

I agree. Roy Controlled that fight from start to finish. Was pretty p/o about the result at the time.

If he had produced any real offense whatsoever on the ground whatsoever, I'd agree, but since he didn't, it was Lewis 1 and 3.

Under the revised scoring criteria, it wouldn't even be a debate who won.

I think Roy won that fight, I think Latifi won against Lewis as well.

control is not offense unless it leads to offense. if you control someone without attacking, then you're playing defense, not offense. And btw, in case you're blind, BB was smashing Roy Nelson's head in.

No he was not. Beast strikes where pitter patter. Smart nulifying fight by Roy.

I think Roy won that fight, I think Latifi won against Lewis as well.

Agree Pewlis has gotten some real lucky wins where tue Judges gifted him wins.

I remember that fight. Roy fought scared and had really ineffective grappling and mostly was stalling. No fighter should ever get rewarded for lay n pray or wall n stall.

Lewis was the deserving winner.

Late Roy Nelson was pure shit to watch. I was happy Lewis won that fight and Nelson was cut soon after.

9+ minutes of control time with 4 significant strikes landed and no sub attempts
Nelson was stalling the entire fight and thankfully wasn't rewarded

You say this in a probably half serious, half joking manner, but i can tell you in all seriousness, that the comments on youtube regarding MMA are much, much worse than what they are here.
And that’s saying quite a lot…

Neither guys mounted any significant offence. But Roy controlled the entire fight. Imo he won handily.

Back