Look at these Dimwits on Youtube Saying Roy Nelson got Robbed Against Lewis

kuroro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't tell me casuals are the ones who are overly obsessed with aggression and damage. All these know-nothings think Nelson's relentless cage stalling and useless takedowns won him this fight. Lewis landed bombs and combinations all day, but there's multiple times where Nelson crucifixes Lewis and still can't land a single punch. This youtube comments section is what happens when you propagandize a generation of fight fans into thinking "damage doesn't matter."

Running your opponent against the cage and holding him there is not aggression; it's stalling. And if your opponent has landed even one more real punch on you than you did on him, then your do-nothing top position and takedowns don't mean shit. Sorry.

If I'm gonna read shitty comments, I prefer to get it from Sherdog.
tenor.gif

I agree. Roy Controlled that fight from start to finish. Was pretty p/o about the result at the time.
why do you think a fighter with no effective offense should win based on "control"?

Lewis is a polarizing character, so there are some people who are simply unable to give him credit for anything.

It's HW

Who gives a shit who won, they're all terrible

No thanks.

If I'm gonna read shitty comments, I prefer to get it from Sherdog.
You say this in a probably half serious, half joking manner, but i can tell you in all seriousness, that the comments on youtube regarding MMA are much, much worse than what they are here.

I was happy beast got the decision. Roy didn’t deserve it for avoiding the fight.

Roy only landed 4 significant strikes in 15 minutes. he lost.

upload_2021-8-3_13-44-22.png

why do you think a fighter with no effective offense should win based on "control"?

You realise control is offence. If you are getting controlled for the entirety of the fight you lost that fight.

Sorry but BB did absolutely nothing that fight and it was a robbery.

You say this in a probably half serious, half joking manner, but i can tell you in all seriousness, that the comments on youtube regarding MMA are much, much worse than what they are here.
At least we took the time to find the site and create an account to say our thoughts. A lot of the people on YouTube probably randomly stumbled upon an MMA video and can just spout any shit they want without having much investment in the sport.

Back