Longo Karate > Machida Karate

As far as his experience fighting elite counter strikers, I remember Weidman losing his cool against Anderson in the first fight. That will not fly in this one, and for his sake, I hope it's out of his system.

Once, during the KO sequence, I think he'll be fine. He still did the right thing even while angry.

Funny thing is if the guy you're a big of would hear you talking all this nonsense about him, he'd probably sign your autograph (he's a classy guy) and then leave you talking to yourself.

You say you're going to Vegas to watch the fight live, you should try it.
Anderson is a good guy. I don't like the clowning shit that much, but that's the only reason I'm not a big fan of him. Sometimes you guys just need a reality check because Anderson is the most overrated fighter of all time aside from Fedor. He is an all time great for sure, but people act like he is the GOAT when he was defending his title in a shallow division against guys who were average or subpar fighters at best. His best win was Vitor. He got finished by Takase, Chonan, and Weidman.

He wasn't some sort of GOAT mma fighter God like everyone makes him out to be. I'm not hating on him, I'm just being honest. I never said Anderson was a can. He is just extremely overrated.

Once, during the KO sequence, I think he'll be fine. He still did the right thing even while angry.

Not once, the entire fight after Anderson stood back up, he stopped shooting for takedowns. He was goaded into standing. It worked out for him, but by all rights, charging in at Anderson guns-a-blazing should have ended up with him turtled on the mat. Getting frustrated with Machida is equally dangerous.

Anderson's TDD has actually gotten quite good since the first Sonnen fight, Machida doesn't use his sprawl as much either he uses more footwork to avoid takedowns, however his work rate is even less than Anderson's but he is a more difficult match up for Weidman because he can lead better.

Having said that Weidman having fought Anderson his last two fights is very helpful because there isn't really anyone at MW more similar to Machida than Anderson is, they are both right handed southpaws that prefer to counter, have low work rates, really good TDD aren't too good with hooking punches but have great straights.

Anderson's TDD isn't as good as Machida's at all. I'm a huge Anderson fan, but I'm still willing to admit that his TDD wasn't ever that good. Silva even has stated he doesn't like to go to the ground before and also he didn't even stuff Sonnen's TD attempts he was grabbing his shorts...

silvastddefens.gif

even Davis who faced Machida said he is very difficult to take down.. THIS COMING FROM A WRESTLER..

"he has great, fast hips. He

No i'm not, read my posts, I listed similarities and also how they are different as well, but you just want to be a dipshit and ignore that fact.
Resorting to personal insults towards the poster you are debating with?

Classy.

Fortino Kart > Longo Kart > Loblaw Kart > Dominion Kart

Why do you have to dis Anderson to back your boy? That comment about Chonan and Takase came out of no where.
Because you said Weidman has finished Anderson twice like it was some sort of incredible accomplishment that has never been done before. You used that as a crutch to prove your point about Weidman being a better finisher than Machida, so I pointed out that Anderson has been finished by much lesser fighters than Chris Weidman.

lol at Weidman's distance control. His footwork is alright.
Weidman probably takes this.

Only Karate Stylist and Jukai IN TANDEM can truly answer this question.

Not once, the entire fight after Anderson stood back up, he stopped shooting for takedowns. He was goaded into standing. It worked out for him, but by all rights, charging in at Anderson guns-a-blazing should have ended up with him turtled on the mat. Getting frustrated with Machida is equally dangerous.

I disagree, he kept striking because it was working, he didn't try for takedowns as much because Anderson was dead set on stopping them, he went with what was easier. The only time he got overaggressive was when he KOed Anderson.

Because you said Weidman has finished Anderson twice like it was some sort of incredible accomplishment that has never been done before. You used that as a crutch to prove your point about Weidman being a better finisher than Machida, so I pointed out that Anderson has been finished by much lesser fighters than Chris Weidman.

No I didn't look through the thread, someone else said something you didn't like about Machida and then you took the opportunity to take a jab at Anderson. It was weird and unnecessary.

I didn't even say what you are saying here, you're making assumptions, I said that Weidman has a wider variety of finishes than Machida has, like submissions on the feet, on the ground and TKO/KOs both standing and on the ground.

Anderson's TDD isn't as good as Machida's at all. I'm a huge Anderson fan, but I'm still willing to admit that his TDD wasn't ever that good. Silva even has stated he doesn't like to go to the ground before and also he didn't even stuff Sonnen's TD attempts he was grabbing his shorts...

silvastddefens.gif

even Davis who faced Machida said he is very difficult to take down.. THIS COMING FROM A WRESTLER..

Phil%252520Davis%252520vs.%252520Lyoto%252520Machida%252520%2525285%252529.gif

I'm not saying Weidman will or will not have a hard time taking Machida down, but it sure as hell won't be as easily as he took Anderson down. Lyoto has a solid team with him he's currently training with a all american wrestler from penn state which will be really beneficial for Machida especially with his sumo wrestling background experience.. here are some clips..

http://instagram.com/p/oRhVGpJ6bL/

http://instagram.com/p/oVpR5jJhwO/

Anderson would showboat to induce his opponents to mess up it has always been risky for him to do that. Machida on other hand likes to avoid being in his opponents striking ranges that's why people call him "boring" because he doesn't engage very much, but it's his style and it definitely frustrates his opponents.

For those comparing Machida to Anderson keep in mind Machida won't be showboating or keeping his hands down like Anderson does. Lyoto also moves a lot and the Mousasi fight is a perfect example of that..

IMO at this point of Weidman's career this isn't a good fight for him. He might be feeling himself a little bit because of beating Anderson and he could possibly get too careless and get caught with something. Machida wins via TKO round 4.

I never said that, please just take my words as they are and don't make assumptions, if you think I mean something ask don't assume or you're going to be arguing about something I never said.

I disagree, he moves more than Weidman but has had trouble controlling the distance in some fights, Weidman hasn't.
But he might have had if he had fought the same opponents as Machida.

Resorting to personal insults towards the poster you are debating with?

Classy.

I probably shouldn't have but you, LNP 101 and about 3 other posters keep misrepresenting what I am saying and keep making assumptions about what I mean instead of just taking my words as they are and it's pissing me off.

Back